Santa Mix Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I went for 2 days and stayed 2 weeks, amazing hostel! The staff are amazing and make you feel very welcome from the moment you arrive. There's always something to do and good chill out areas if you'd prefer to relax. Very clean, and I have hign standards. The hill can be off-putting but the views from the roof terrace are worth it. Fully recommend staying here to anyone.

America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires, Argentina

A great hostel at hotel standard. Best free breakfast I had, sorts you out til dinner! Very clean, different events on each night and a great chill out room. All dorms are 4 bed en-suite so little wait for shower or toilet (which are separate). Only downside is the shower room is small and didn't have good ventilation so getting dressed before coming out was made difficult/impossible, but don't let that put you off, the shower is amazing and worth a bit of effort with your towel. I'd go back!

Rock Hostel Km0

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Great staff. Easy to meet people. Lady is cleaning all the time which is great to see. Only downsides are the breakfast is just bread, spreads and drinks, plus everywhere is cold.

Hostal Lili-Patagonicos

Puerto Natales, Chile

Good hostel with lots of different areas to hang out in, in low season that did mean I barely saw anyone but that is just the season I guess. Easy walk to everything, 20 minute walk to the new bus terminal. Great breakfast.

America del Sur Hostel

El Calafate, Argentina

Amazing view from the hostel. Clean and warm. Amazing breakfast though for how much there is I would have thought they'd have fruit as well but by far one of the best without it. Does require an uphill walk but worth it for the views. Staff are really helpful with everything.

Hospedaje Costanera

Punta Arenas, Chile

Although it is a 10 minute walk out of the centre it is a lovely warm home with good wifi and a tv room. Good kitchen. Shower is amazing. There are normal (not bunk) beds in the dorm which is a relief. Owners are really helpful. Stayed here twice and would do so again. Have been recommending it to everyone I meet.

Lagares Hostel

Mendoza, Argentina

A great hostel with good breakfast, clean, huge lockers. Helpful staff. A million dvds which is great for a quiet night in, as long as other people don't want a party night in.

Hostal Casa Valparaiso

Valparaiso, Chile

Ventana Sur Hostal

Santiago, Chile

One of the best hostels I have stayed in across the world. Clean, cosy, friendly and fun. Ivan and Jason are a dream team in owning/running a hostel. I can say many great things about this hostel but all can be summed up with, if you go to Santiago, you have to stay here! (I came for 2 days, 2 weeks later I'm still here...)

Hostel Revolution

Quito, Ecuador

A great hostel where there is a good social area if you're up for a party but enough distance to have an early night if you need. For shared bathrooms they were kept nice and clean. Location is great for walking around the historical centre in the day and is only a $2-4usd taxi to the touristic centre (Plaza Foch) for restaurants, bars and clubs at night.

Hostal El Arbol

La Serena, Chile

One of my most favourite hostels I have been to across the world. It felt just like home which is exactly what I needed. Friendly helpful staff (they even helped my friends book a trip who were not staying there). 100% clean. La Serena can be pretty quiet at night so to have a hostel where you can spend your evening curled up on the sofa with a blanket watching a film was fantastic.

Hostal Rural

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Great atmosphere, lovely and chilled. I remember reading that they have hot showers, I did not get to experience it unfortunately, though I don't think many places in San Pedro get hot showers. Very helpful staff, and English speaking which is useful.

One of the best hostels I have stayed in the world, there should be more of you! Clean, warm, fun and quiet when needed, big comfy beds, help for onward travel... just what any traveller needs.

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

Niras Bankoc Cultural Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

Great hostel and I would stay there again however the air con outside of the room wasn't great, in the room it was amazing. It's a small place so that made it much easier to make new friends and the staff were excellent with every question I had to ask about getting around.

Thank you for your review .Regarding outside of the room - the hall way, we are sorry that there's no air- con .Thank you for seeing our place as a sociable place .Hope to see you again next trip in BKK.

Yesinn @CAUSEWAY BAY

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

B&B Rigoletto

Verona, Italy

Everything was great, there were just issues with the stand alone air-conditioning unit and the power, which were quickly resolved at the time, and we were informed that they were looking into a better air-conditioning system. The lady that looked after the flat was very nice and helpful. Highly recommended.