• Singapore, Female, 31-40
Pride of Paddington, London, England
7.7
22nd May 2015

It was the second time I stayed at Pride of Paddington. This time I stayed for a single night before catching an early morning flight out of Heathrow. I'd still recommend this hostel because of its location. It's very easy to get around the city on trains and buses from there. The all girls dorm (specifically the en suite bathroom) was noticeably less clean than my first stay 2 years ago but still at an acceptable standard.

Frankfurt Hostel, Frankfurt, Germany
6.0
20th Sep 2013

Good location - central and near the train station. There are way too few showers. I stayed in a mixed dorm that shared shower facilities with multiple other rooms. I woke at 5AM to be able to shower and still had to queue. When I finished, the shower queue had doubled. Not a great situation if you have an early appointment. Faulty/difficult lock system for doors too. Had to repeatedly wake-up / be-woken-up by roommates to get the door open because the knob and access card wouldn't work.

PLUS Berlin, Berlin, Germany
18th Sep 2013

The staff at Plus Hostel Berlin is the best hostel staff I've ever encountered. Friendly and very, very helpful. They repeatedly offered multiple solutions to any problem/question I had (for example: I checked in late at night and was really hungry. I arrived at Plus' restaurant just after the kitchen closed. Staff apologized for the kitchen having closed and offered to ask the chef if they could whip up some lasagna instead. I was immensely thankful for that.)

Pride of Paddington, London, England
9th Sep 2013

I had a great time staying at Pride of Paddington. Will definitely consider staying there again next time I'm in London. Hopefully, that's very soon. (Just a minor comment: the bunk bed swayed/creaked very easily. I was on the top bunk (room 1) and every time the girl on the bottom bunk moved, the entire bunk bed would too. Maybe some bolts or screws in it need to be tightened?)