Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 27

Green Culture Eco Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This hostel is in a favela! While this may be off-putting at first, don't let it get to you! The location is interesting. I felt safe walking through the favela any time if day or night. The food in the favela is also cheaper than any part of Copacabana. The staff here is the best part, they're all nice and helpful. My room was in the adjacent building and didn't have great ventilation. The bathrooms are odd and the electric showers are horrible. I would recommend this hostel for its novelty!

Curitiba Backpackers Hostel

Curitiba, Brazil

The facilities here were excellent. Plenty of bathrooms and the showers had very hot water! I was lucky to be in the "big brother" room which is separate from the main part of the hostel and it's a lot quieter. It also has it's own bathroom with showers. The staff was ok, helpful at times but bridal at other times. Their line computer is a dinosaur but it still works. I would stay here again.

Puriwasi

Lima, Peru

This hostel was fantastic! The breakfast was the standard bread with jam and butter. The showers had good pressure and we're hot. There are lockers in the room assigned to each bed. Two computers for guest use. A bar upstairs with foosball and a kitchen area with fridge. Nightly events (BBQs, dances, drink specials). Besides all this the hostel staff was purely amazing! They were my favorite part of my stay. They'll tell you all the sites to check out, they'll even take you out to the bars/clubs

Hi Arya! Thanks for your comment.

Ekeko Hostel

Lima, Peru

The staff at the hostel was the best part. Leo is a fellow traveler so he gives some inside tips in making your stay easier. David is from Lima and is a little cooky but extremely helpful! I also liked the hostel atmosphere. It´s not really a party hostel or anything but it´s easy to meet people here. The location isn´t great due to the fact that it´s a bit far from anything. The only bad thing was the bed I was in! It was dropping in the middle so it would force me to sleep in fetal position.

Ecopackers Machupicchu

Machu Picchu, Peru

When I was checking in the hostel staff was trying to rip me off by deducting the dollar amount from the total Soles amout I had to pay. They knew they were doing it too and it took me a while to convince them of what was going on. The bathroom was horrible! No ventilation so everything was muggy and wet. The bar on the top floor was nice and the food they cook there was great. This hostel is good for a one night stay to go to MP but two nights was too long.

Sumac Chaska Hostel

Ollantaytambo, Peru

Due to the directions on the Hostel World website this place was easy to find. The door is right there facing the street. The hosts were great people. Cali (Carlos) the guy in charge is super nice and helpful. If he has time he will take the time to point out all the cool places to check out in the city. The Internet connection here is a little better than the hostel I stayed at in Cusco. The only downside was the bathroom, no soap dispenser nor paper towels.

Thank you your review and we really glad you enjoyed your stay.

Intro Hostels Cusco

Cusco, Peru

Best part of this hostel was the staff! They are all nice and very helpful. The atmosphere is also great with a good chilling area, good vibes all around. The breakfast is simple: two pieces of bread with one fried egg and jam. Tea is available all the time; coffee available in the mornings. The Internet is very spotty and slow. There are lockers in each room and lockers with electrical outlets downstairs. The only downside was the creaky floorboards in my room.

Lucky D's

San Diego, USA

Lucky D's is at a prime location, near all the bars and restaurant. It can get noisy at night since there is a bar on the first floor. The breakfast here consists of waffles and cereal, not much else. Tea and coffee were available all the time. The bathroom walls have some cool colors. The receptionist was a foreigner and didn't understand 80% of the questions I asked her. That was really annoying. Some of the other staff were nice and helpful though. Overall, I would stay here again.

Hotel Montgrand

Marseille, France

Overall the hotel was fine, and I'd stay there again if I had to. It's location is fairly well, right near the Vieux Port and within walking distance of the Bonne Mere.