Location USA, Gender Female, Age 34

City Backpackers Hostel, Stockholm, Sweden
20th Aug 2017

I liked this place so much I came back! Great, clean hostel with a big kitchen, nice beds, and common areas. The location is awesome, if you dont mind getting some exercise. On this visit, the social atmosphere was definitely lacking though - what happened to movie night? Also the staff seemed to have changed and weren't as friendly/sociable as the first visit.

Thanks for visiting again! Wonderful to hear you enjoyed our kitchen and beds. I believe that movie night was substituted for the first 'el classico' of the season; a request from my colleague, a fierce Catalan who I have trouble saying 'no' to. I apologise and can recommend that you watch 'Show Me Love' by Lukas Moodysson if you are still inclined to see a bit of Swedish cinema. 'Tillsamans/Together' is also a great watch. Regards, Oliver CBP

A Wild Elephants Hostel, Bratislava, Slovakia
10th Aug 2017

I spent only one night here but wish I had stayed longer! The staff was friendly, encouraging everyone to have a good time and were super laid back. Rooms were clean, great area for socializing upstairs, and the 1 Euro bar crawl was a blast.

Sziget City Hostel, Budapest, Hungary
7th Aug 2017

I had a great time here and loved all of the different activities offered daily - so easy to meet people! The rooms were big, bathrooms clean, and lots of places to socialize. My only complaint were that the room to my dorm didnt lock (bur lockers were huge) and staff would enter early (like 10-11) with loud music to clean, even though people were still sleeping.

Silver Central Hostel, Split, Croatia
5th Aug 2017

My favorite place I stayed in Split! Staff was chill, great location, and small so it was easy to meet people. I was getting over bring I'll so I didn't take advantage but the location is really close to Charlie Bar.

Hostel Emanuel, Split, Croatia
4th Aug 2017

I spent a night here, basically a huge room with bunks, each had a curtain, light, and charger (nice!). The staff was ok, they basically just checked you in and then really didn't interact with you much. There isn't really a common area, just a table next to reception, which makes it hard to socialize and they don't have any hostel activities. They are close to the bus station, old town, and beach where people go out at night though. Biggest complaint was there was no hot water when I was there

Hostel Villa Skansi, Hvar, Croatia
2nd Aug 2017

Great location and lots of fun! I didn't get free pizza though :( really easy to meet people and a free pub crawl though! Doors are unlocked on dorms so people can go in and out, but honestly it felt super safe...

Hostel Elena, Zadar, Croatia
31st Jul 2017

This place was hard to find! But awesome location... when I figured it out, heart of the old town (15-20 min walk to the beach). Rooms were small, but comfy, and bathrooms clean. No area to socialize or hostel events so it is hard to meet people and very quiet. The girl that worked at night was really nice and friendly.

The Wallaby House Hostel, Zagreb, Croatia
7.7
30th Jul 2017

This place has a lot of potential to be fun, but when I arrived there was hardly any guests and was very quiet. The staff basically played beer pong and socialized amongst themselves while the guests sat awkwardly in the kitchen. Room was ok, but lacked outlets at all the beds and I had to be up early so I needed my phone charged and alarm not to go off from across the room waking everyone up. Close to bus station.

Interesting POV. We only had 4 empty beds that night so if there were no guests around then they were probably out doing things or playing The Greatest F'n Game Show Ever at our sister hostel. CRACK!

Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna, Vienna, Austria
28th Jul 2017

My time here was short, but the hostel lived up to its reputation as the staff were nice and people friendly. The common areas and bar made it easy to meet people, the rooms were clean with a light and plug at the bed, and my dorm had its on bathroom and lockers. My only complaint was how far from the city and nightlife it was, after 10 the neighorhood was pretty much dead.

Thanks so much for this awesome review! About the location - we think it's pretty great as you can 'zip' on the metro anywhere in no time! Also we are right next to Mariahilferstraße which is an attraction in its own right, Vienna's most popular shopping avenue leads you all the way into the historic 'Old town' Plus, there are lots of little secret spots in our neighborhood - for instance the Gasthaus Quell, serving delicious and also affordable Viennese cooking for more than 100 years now... :)

Hostel One Home, Prague, Czech Republic
25th Jul 2017

This hostel is awesome and does a great job bringing guests together. As a solo traveler I felt really comfy here and would definitely return. The dorms have lamps and sockets at the bed, lockers (the usual); they have tons of freebies like ear plugs, cookies at reception, and even an ironing board! The only problem was the people that came back at 2:30 am who were being loud in the common areas - it would have been great to have staff come to enforce the rules.

Thank you so much for your review! We're glad you had a good time! Come visit again! :)

Heart of Gold Hostel, Berlin, Germany
20th Jul 2017

This place is huge and has a confusing, maze like layout. The staff don't show you to your room, or socialize with you beyond check in. They have a nice bar, common area but with the place being so big, it's hard as a solo traveler to meet people as they had a lot of groups there. They don't have any organized activities either. Rooms were clean and bathrooms excellent - close to sites and metro lines.

El Machico Hostel, Panama City, Panama
7.1
26th Jul 2016

The best part about this hostel was the staff. I found them to be friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable (the breakfast was also good). One thing that I didn't like was that the individual rooms didn't lock and so basically anyone could enter your room at anytime. The facilities were nice but there was no real interaction amongst guests. It's an hour walk from Casco Viejo, and doesn't seem to have any nearby nightlife so if you're looking for a party, not the best choice.

Hi there, thanks for the review, the only thing is that we are one block away from Hard Rock Cafe, many bars and Uruguay Street (2 blocks away) one of the most actives street in the Panamanian night life, the people that interacting more is the one that stay away from their cell phones, we have had excellent experiences with groups interacting here and becoming friends for life, sorry you didn't get along with backpackers here at El Machico

Hotel and Apartments Monopole, Amsterdam, Netherlands
3rd Aug 2015

This was a great hotel in a safe area, near a lot of sites. We arrived shortly after PRIDE festival and found the rates to be a bit expensive. This is more of a hotel so the accommodations were clean and up to date, but there was no atmosphere.

30th Jul 2015

Abbey Court, Dublin, Ireland
25th Jun 2015

Great stay! Although originally fully booked, they were able to accommodate me and I stayed two extra days. Great, safe location... I went out and got home pretty late but never felt uncomfortable. There is an interesting mix of travelers who stay here, but overall very positive!

Bru Bar & Hostel, Cork, Ireland
24th Jun 2015

Kilkenny Tourist Hostel, Kilkenny, Ireland
23rd Jun 2015

Hostel of the Sun, Naples, Italy
11th Aug 2013

This was one of my best experiences in a hostel!! The staff was friendly and informative (everyone knows your name!) and the hostel was extremely clean. They had a main reception area with a little bar and dining area (a staff member cooked free food!) but the floor where my room was quiet and peaceful! I'm not sure about Naples, but I would definitely return to this hostel!

Hostel Mancini, Naples, Italy
6.6
10th Aug 2013

The owner at Hostel Mancini was very nice and accomodating. However the internet didn't work half the time I was there and the guy that works overnight was rude and acted like he'd rather smoke than answer my questions. I also didn't like that you don't get a key to your room; there is only one key, so you have to open your room and then return the key to the front desk. The area is a bit seedy, so it sucks that you have to wait to be buzzed in and don't have a key to just let yourself in.

Archi Rossi Hostel, Florence, Italy
8.0
6th Aug 2013

I don't have much to say... the blonde guy that worked the evening shift was rude (the daytime guy was awesome though!), the internet didn't function in my room... but, my room was clean, there are a lot of nice common areas, breakfast is decent if you get there early, and it is really close to the train station!

My Friends, Florence, Italy
5th Aug 2013

You must stay here if you are looking for a place close to the train station that is small and quiet. This is definitely not a party hostel, but the owners more than make up for that with their friendliness, hospitality and honesty. Nadina answered all of my questions, treated me like she has known me forever, and even offered me her own wine. Also, small isn't bad; it made it much easier to get to know the other guests staying at the hostel.

Franciscus Guesthouse, Verona, Italy
2nd Aug 2013

This is a great guesthouse, but definitely not a hostel. On my trip that was exactly what I needed. I paid a little more and got to spend one night in a super clean, quiet, safe location with my own extremely clean bathroom. I was given a double bed (I only requested a single!) on the top floor. The internet worked great and my only complaint is that the air conditioning wasn't the best (and it is hot in Verona in the summer!).

Hotel Casa Mia, Milan, Italy
5.4
31st Jul 2013

Don't book this hotel! When I arrived the owner said there was a mistake and they were overbooked, from reading past reviews I can see this is a reoccuring problem. The owner was neither sympathetic or apologetic, yelling at me when I told him I couldn't afford the alternative place he tried to send me to (140 euro, and far outside of the city center)... he even tried to keep my deposit because he said that he had found me a new place to stay!!! Ridiculous...

Mediterranean Youth Hostel, Barcelona, Spain
7.7
29th Jul 2013

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Mediterranean Youth Hostel. The staff answered all of my questions and gave suggestions about what to do and see in the city. The free walking tour was awesome and a great way to meet other guests! However, the walls in this hostel are paper thin which means being woken up at 4am by drunk guests in the next room and their were several people who checked out but slept all of the next day-night in the common room, which meant nobody else could use it.

Samay Hostel Sevilla, Seville, Spain
6th Jul 2013

The staff are very friendly and knowledgeable! I only stayed for one night and they made me feel very welcome and had great ideas about where to visit. The flamenco show and bar crawl were great additions for a solo traveller.

Posada San Francisco, San Juan, Puerto Rico
9.0
16th Aug 2011

I had a fabulous stay at the Posada San Francisco. This was my first visit to a hostel and I will definitely stay in one again. The family running the hostel made me feel welcome and safe. They even gave me a ride to a local beach! They made sure that the accomodations were clean, neat, and in good condition. They also did a great job of providing information on local sights, tours, and where to eat.

×