• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
21st Apr 2013

My stay here was very enjoyable. Prior to my arrival they helped me to book airport transfers, (quite a distance to go) and pre-booked my hot air balloon experience along with other things. They staff went above and beyond in everything we might have asked of them. The breakfast is great, if not the best I have had complimentary from a hostel. I only wish the weather had of been a little warmer to use the pool.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
Gakkos House Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
6.9
20th Apr 2013

Gakkos is a smaller hostel situated right next to Taksim, so is perfect if you have a night out planned and want to be able to walk 2 minutes to all the bars. I would recommend that only people stay here who consider themselves to be independent travelers. The owner is a lovely man, and they do offer a Turkish breakfast, unfortunately his one staff member I meet wasn't quite on to it. But after asking twice I got my key, my bed made and toilet paper for the bathroom. Was find for the 1 night.