Room in Girona

Girona, Spain

The staff was great. Juan even woke up after hours to let us in after our plane was delayed. He spoke no English, and I spoke no Spanish so he was really amazing to help me out. Nice clean hostel, decent breakfast. Recommended!

Pros - The staff were friendly and efficient Close proximity to historical sights Cons - The kitchen is pretty bare, only a couple of pots and cups, very few knives and forks Security wise - the room where you can leave your bag is unattended and anyone can walk in there at all hours of the day

Discovery Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This hostel was by far the best we had on our trip. The owners and all the staff at Discovery are incredibly helpful and friendly, they made our stay in Rio extra special. Breakfast is delicious (the bruschetta mix is great), it's so close to the Gloria Metro, in a safe neighbourhood with everything close by, and the vibe of this hostel was unparalleled to any other we stayed in South America - the attention to small detail really sets it apart. See you soon Zion & Enrique! Steve & Kell

Hostel Natura

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

Great location, really close to transport to the falls. Swimming pool has no water, but I'm guessing that's because it was winter when we stayed. Backyard/bar area is really nice!

Hi, Many thanks for your comments on Hostelworld. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Unfortunately the pool was drained down in the winter to allow us to clean it and paint it ready for the warmer weather. I hope that this did not cause you any inconvenience. Have a safe onward journey and we hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.

Che Lagarto Hostel Colonia

Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

BA Soho Rooms

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Ana, the manager there, was fantastic. She was extremely helpful and welcoming. The place is in a good location in Palermo, being close to nice restaurants and bars, and less than a 10 minute stroll to the metro. If you are a light sleeper you may have trouble as there is a bit of traffic noise outside at night. Being from London this didn't bother me at all, but that's the only thing I could fault this place for.

Tibet House Mendoza

Mendoza, Argentina

Staying at Little Tibet House is more like a really cool homestay than a hostel. Our host Karma was super helpful, letting us know the key things to have a good time in Mendoza. He booked our wine tour, made us feel comfortable in his home, and let us use the kitchen any time we wanted. Great Guy, good vibes, FREE TIBET!

Chilextremo Hostel

Farellones, Chile

The only minor thing I can say about Chilextremo was that the window in our Private Ensuite Room didn't lock. Apart from that, our little room had all the necessities, a heater, kitchen and bathroom with hot shower. The staff there were always very helpful and friendly, helping us to get shuttle buses to Valle Nevado. The view from their balcony is incredible.

Not a bad Hostel, although if you prefer a hot shower after a long flight and not a freezing one, I'd stay elsewhere

Amsterdam Cribs / Red Light B&B