Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 25

Hunny Hostel Jakarta

Jakarta, Indonesia

Decent hostel that is in a good location. The staff is nice and the quality is good for the money. If you can't book six degrees, this hostel is not a bad second choice.

Hunny Hostel Bandung

Bandung, Indonesia

A small family run hostel in a town that does not have a huge backpackers presence. The family is nice, welcoming, and helpful and the rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious. Not sure if there are any facilities in Bandung that beat this.

EDU Hostel Jogja

Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Not really a backpackers hostel as it is often used by local student groups who are visiting the region on school trips. For the most part, except for breakfast time and the occasional interaction in the lobby, the student groups are not a big annoyance. Also, before I stayed here I read reviews that mentioned bed bugs. I was initially worried about booking this hostel because of the bugs, but during my stay I found the 6 bed male dorm to be very clean and with no trace of bugs.

Six Degrees

Jakarta, Indonesia

A great relaxing and comfortable hostel to come home after a busy day in the overwhelming city of Jakarta. If I ever return to Jakarata, six degrees would be my first choice. One of the best hostels I have stayed at.

Great hostel in shanghai.

Singh Guest House

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The Room I was in had a problem with the toilet. I am sure that is a temporary thing though and should be fixed soon. For the money it is a pretty good deal. My room had a private room and bathroom, air conditioning, a lock and a tv. Obviously, as is with most places in Hong Kong, space is limited. I really liked the location. Chungking mansions is not for everyone, but if you are a backpacker, I would highly recommend it.

A-Inn

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The hotel is in a great location and the room, although small, is perfect for just sleeping. The slow elevators and long waits were not very pleasant but despite that I would definitely stay here again.

The Mitraa

Singapore, Singapore

The staff was very friendly and helpful and the location is pretty good, right next to little India and not too far from the major attractions in Singapore. Overall, a very good hostel and I would happily stay there again some day.

The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

The location of this hostel is its best feature. Located right next to little India and China town, the hostel is surrounded by great and cheap places to eat. Besides the location, the hostel is solid in all other aspects and for the price, I would say it is a pretty good deal in KL.

Yesinn @CAUSEWAY BAY

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

A bit pricy, but you definitely get your money's worth. Each room has its own bathroom and the beds are super comfortable for a hostel. The location is great as well, within walking distance of the major nightlife spots on the island.

Hotel the Holiday Home

Rishikesh, India

For the price, I don't think you can find a much better deal in Rishikesh. Me and a friend booked a double room that came with a private bath, two comfortable beds, free wifi, and even a tv. Location wise, it is about 10/15 minute walk from everything there is to see/do in Rishikesh.

Nirvana Hostel

New Delhi, India

Personally, the best thing about the hostel for me was its location. Located away from typical tourist areas, this hostel is ideal for those who want to be immersed in India. There are loads of cheap food options in the neighborhood. That said, while I was there, the hostel was in the midst of changing locations and I do not know where the new location will be.

Sunshine Home

Guangzhou, China

The hostel is located in an apartment, not sure of the legality based on Chinese laws. It is run by a husband and wife who are nice and in general the place is very clean and secure. There is a huge living room for guests to hang out and a balcony. I think there is only two rooms for guests, could probably hold 16 people. Not too sure about the location, just stayed for one night so I could apply for a visa but I would not mind staying there again.

Why not? Kiev

Kiev, Ukraine

The beds are too small. Great location for the Euros. Walking distance from the main train staion and the stadium. Staff was very friendly.

Our dorm beds are the standard size of 200cm long, sorry we are not able to offer anything longer, though we did provide a free upgrade from the 10 bed to the 8 bed dorm, which is a good deal more spacious. Hopefully you'll give us another chance next time you're in Kiev.

Caspian Hostel

Baku, Azerbaijan

The security at the hostel is basically non-existent. Anyone can just walk into the hostel. There are no lockers so your stuff is just the lying there when you leave. That said, the family that runs the hostel does a pretty good job of keeping an eye on the rooms. Someone is always there. And the neighborhood is very safe so I never feared for my safety or that of my things. It is by far the cheapest deal in town so if you are on a budget I recommend this place.

Bdeiwi Hostel & Hotel

Amman, Jordan

The place is not the nicest, but it is what you expect for the price. The location is great very close to downtown Amman and Rainbow street. I was there while it was cold, don't know how bearable it will be when it is hot in the summer. There was a fan in every room though.

Blinkbonnie Tourist Inn

Kandy, Sri Lanka

The hostel had a great view of Kandy and the man who owns it, steven, was amazing. He set us up with a driver each day at a very reasonable rate, enabling us to make the most of our 3 days in Sri Lanka. He even let us take a crack at sling shotting the monkeys that hang around the hostel and cause trouble in the mornings.

Nirvana Hostel

New Delhi, India

Location was great and the staff was very helpful. The hostel is not in a extremely wealthy neighborhood so one's experience is a more accurate reflection on Delhi and India. The AC did not work, but that was a small inconvenience and something that should be expected and taken in stride when traveling in India or any other developing country. I would recommend bring bug spray as the mosquitoes do come out at night, but again if you are traveling through India you should be flexible.