This place was great. A mix between a guesthouse and a traditional home. I couldn't expect more from it, but I'm not surprised anymore in Japan, service and hospitality there are a must. Clean, convenient, with a very helpful staff who give you tips to plan your trip.

A-yado Gion

Kyoto, Japan

Exceptional. Extremely small, yet so well maintained, clean and convenient that you totally forget about it. Everything there is well thought, made to make your stay easier, from the kitchen to the laundry, to the very helpful staff, always nice and polite. Plus, it's a good value, and I met there tons of cool people.

Thank you for your comment. We are happy to hear about your comment. We had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

Kathmandu, Nepal

Nice people here and a globally good stay, yet it is pretty boheme - so not extremely clean nor new. But it's Nepal, and I couldn't expect more for this price. Perfect for backpackers.

The Local NYC

New York, USA

La meilleure auberge où j'ai pu séjourner : propre, moderne, agréable, excellente ambiance, personnel adorable. Merci pour votre disponibilité, votre gentillesse et votre sérieux, continuez comme ça! The best hostel I've ever been to : clean, modern, edgy, excellent atmosphere, lovely staff. Thank you for your availability, your kindness and your thoughtfulness, keep it up!

This hotel is certainly cheap, but looks more like a social housing than an hostel. Some workers seem to live by the year, the rooms smell of alcohol and sometimes urine, there is no lockers in the rooms ... That said it is hot and well situated. The minimum, but I think it would be better to spend $5 more for something healthy.

This hostel is ok for its price, but a bit far away from the "interesting parts" of the city (Bywater, Uptown, Graden District), hopefully the streetcar is next door! Good people in there, but probably better in summer - some walls are thin, and there is a good terrace to enjoy the sunshine!

I just stayed for one night and this hostel is globally a good deal, if you are of course into that community / hippie atmosphere : original decoration, and close by public bus ($2) to everything you may want to do - downtown, Disney etc.. Just be aware that it's an hostel, so a few stains on the sheets, bathroom not super clean, and have your own lock..

There were two gums spread on my bed. Really not clean, and they took a deposit that they ignored to have when I left. At least it's cheap for the place - but I can't say anything good about it.

Baxpax Kreuzberg Hostel