Olga's Place

San Sebastian, Spain

The hostel was one of those old fasioned style backpackers. It was very relaxed, for example they never asked us to pay and we actually had to ask that they take our money the day before checkout. The guy who runs the place was absolutely lovely but spoke next to no english although with my very limited spanish we got by. The main problem we had was no hot water in the two bathrooms available at the place. If you get up later than 9 the hot water has already run out!

BBK Bilbao Good Hostel

Bilbao, Spain

Excelent faciliteies, our room was a twin but could easily have been a room in a normal hotel. it was very good value. hostel was walkable from the old town, I recommend the longer scenic rought by the river, it was very pretty. Also the breakfast was fantastic, yoghurt, fruit, cereal , toast and good coffee. would definately recommend this hostel

Taksim Lounge

Istanbul, Turkey

What stood out for this place was the really amazing service. When I arrived I asked for a map and some local tips. The guy who owned the place sat me down in the kitchen and went through absolutely everything then when I asked where we could get a good value not too touristy meal near by he actually walked us out of the hostel and down the road to show us where it was also giving us other advice about bars and lunch places! One down side was that the rooms have no keys and our door didn't close

• 20th Apr 2013

Mosaic Hostel

Rome, Italy

Stayed there with my mother in a mixed two bed dorm. Was worried what she might think about staying in a hostel but it turned out perfect for us. The room, shared bathroom and common areas were all spotles. The staff were also really lovely and helpful and the proximity to Termini was very convenient. I actually found that most of the tourist sites were walkable from the hostel.

• 13th Mar 2013

The man who served me at checkin was really nice and helpful. The hostel had one of the best common rooms and best equiped kitchens I've seen at a hostel (shame they don't do breakfast). I have to say that the bed was extremely comfy and cosy.

• 19th Jan 2012

Really nice hostel. The rooms were really spacious and the beds were so comfy. I liked the key card opperated lockers, very easy and convenient. It had a really nice atmosphere. Only criticism was that had you had to pay for breafast which wasn't that great.

• 16th Jan 2012

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

Very confortable hostel in a great location near train station (just across the road!) and a short walk to other attractions. Lots of space in rooms and bathrooms. The only pitty was that you had to pay for breakfast which was no different to any regular hostel where it's free.

• 13th Jan 2012