Hostel Mamallena

Boquete, Panama

It was really a great place. It was pretty quiet with people always heading out to the volcano. Cleaning all the time. Staff were informative about their tours. Pretty good.

Nice place. Andrea was very helpful. It doesn't have AC and it is very hot in David so be prepared for that.

Hi Tim, thanks for the kind words. Just for your information, our private rooms all have AC and in about 3-4 months we will be installing air-conditioning in one of our dorms. Come back soon!

The Pit Stop Hostel

Medellin, Colombia

I really enjoyed my time here. The atmosphere is great. I spent the weekend here and went out every night. People were ready for anything and had a blast. There was an incident of theft while I was there but the guys that experienced it were ecstatic with the owner's response. It was fun.

The Dreamer Hostel

Santa Marta, Colombia

Great hostel. I loved it here and there was a big group of people that were in and out of this hostel for about a week. Esther is super friendly when you first meet her and a great way to welcome you to the hostel. They give great tips and are very helpful. The food at the restaurant is also great. Pool is nice too. This was my favourite hostel while in Colombia.

El Viajero Cartagena Hostel

Cartagena, Colombia

Air con in all the rooms is fantastic. It was so necessary. Cartagena is so hot. Good hostel. I don't like the wrist bands at all though. I had heard that someone was followed with a wristband on. I tore mine off right after they put them on. Other than that it was a cool place to chill out and met some good people there.

Masaya Bogota Hostel

Bogota, Colombia

It was a really great hostel. It was clean and warm and people were friendly who worked there. It was quiet if that is what you were looking for but still also managed to find people interested in going out at night. The metal doors are loud when you're focusing on them but I didn't notice them at all while I was sleeping. All in all a really good hostel.

Hostel Suites Obelisco

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Good hostel. A bit big and pushes for HI a bit too much. Prefer a smaller hostel where it is easier to meet people. More of a social environment.