This hostel was awesome although being near Ueno Park was probably further out than I would have liked to have stayed. The staff were amazing and the vibe of the hostel was great - although the beds were really uncomfortable. As the walls are (literally) paper thin you can hear everything going on in the hostel - but it was great! The trains are really close by - both the subway and the JR line - but I don't think I'd stay out that way again.

• 5th Nov 2013

Thank you for your stay at toco. We are sorry toco's walls are papaer and easily sound come through rooms and a bit cold in winter. We always try to improve our facilities with remaining Japanese traditional style as it's been 93 years. (ex,There is no lock for each room door, but you have security box in each room). Thank you for your comment again and toco would be much better hostel.

Capsule Inn Kinshichou

Tokyo, Japan

Although the novelty to stay in a capsule hotel was awesome - and it was pretty cool - it wasn't something I would do again. The rooms smelt musty and vaguely like cigarettes. The property was so old and the capsules were really uncomfortable to sleep in. Other than the 'once in a lifetime experience' of it - I wouldn't stay there again. It is really close to a station and the reception is 24 hours - but I'd give it a miss for more than one night.

• 4th Nov 2013

Osaka Hana Hostel

Osaka, Japan

This hostel is fantastic! In such a great area of Osaka, the staff were so friendly, the beds were really comfortable - everything was perfect! We stayed one night in a shared dorm which was nice and spacious and had privacy curtains on the bunks - the bathroom facilities were clean and easliy accessible. The second night we stayed in a private twin with an ensuite - which was a teeny tiny bathroom - but it was still a great room. Next time I'm in Osaka I will absolutely stay there again.

• 3rd Nov 2013

Thank you so much for your stay!! Our dormitory has more private space than other hostels. Security boxes are beside you. Private ensuite rooms are modern :) All JPN ensuite rooms have a small lantern.

A Little Bird 2 Guest House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Little Bird 2 was a really nice place to stay - and the staff were so friendly. The rooms and facilities were very basic but the value for money was great. Everything (bus station/airport/night market) was accessible by a tuk-tuk for 50-100BHT and the roof top area was cool.

• 24th Oct 2013