Spanish in the City - Hostel

Panama City, Panama

The location was really good- close to the bus terminal (to go anywhere in Panama and Panama City), supermarket, and the bus stop for the airport buses is 2minute walk from the hostel. There is a huge fruit and vegetable market really close and some nice walks can be done in the nearby area. Well-equipped kitchen and nice clean rooms (no bunk beds! yay!). The guy who manages the hostel is really friendly and helpful. The only downide is that the hostel has 1 bathroom for ALL the guests.

The location is really good if you have to catch a flight early in the morning. It is ca 30 minute walk to the airport from the hostel. There is a giant supermarket (with a hardware store and bunch of fast food places) located about eight blocks from the hostel and plenty of places to get cheap lunch nearby. Some of the staff did speak English, and some were really eager to sell me the airport transfer for 22 soles (taxi should cost around 7). Nice kitchen, and entertainment available.

Hospedaje Brabant

Nazca, Peru

The hostel has a nice location, not too far from the bus station and near to the central plaza. When I arrived at 7.30 am and asked whether I can prepare myself a cup of tea in the kitchen before heading out to find a flight over the lines, I was told that it is possible after the check in (even though I had already filled in my passport details). However they did allow me to store my bags in there. The tours that they offer are a bit too expensive (or you have to bargain).

Arthy's Guesthouse

La Paz, Bolivia

It is a quiet hostel (definitely not a party hostel) with lovely and very helpful staff, great location and nice rooms. The location is perfect (just a couple of minutes from the bus station and a 10minute walk to tourist attractions). It would be great, though, if the breakfast was included in the price (right now you can purchase breakfast for 10BOB extra). However, I would definitely stay here again!

Hostal Talar

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

The hostel itself is still under construction, but everything works just fine (hot water,showers, toilets, nice kitchen, lounge to meet other travellers). They also rent bikes and sandboards and can arrange tours for you. The staff, however, is AMAZING! Even though they spoke just a little English and I did not speak any Spanish, we managed to communicate just fine. They are so lovely and helpful! And ofcourse the cute cat is a bonus as well :D I would definitely stay here again.

Hospedaje Costanera

Punta Arenas, Chile

Pros: Nice staff, clean hostel, very quiet, comfy beds, close to waterfront.. Cons: Wifi was not working the whole time I was there and the staff did not do anything to fix it. Breakfast is just bread and jam/cheese and if you wake up late, then it is just bread with more bread. The hostel is located in ca 30 minute walk from the city centre (which is a bit annoying). The owner's grandchildren (two young boys and maybe their friends) were bothering the female guests a bit too much.

Backpackers Kaweskar Hostel

Puerto Natales, Chile

The best kitchen I have seen so far- really well equipped and cozy! Lovely breakfast as well. Perfect place for hikers- they rent camping gear and have laundry facilities and nice hot showers. The place is very clean and wifi works just fine. What more could you need? Omar really knows everything about the area and attractions.

Nature Hostel

Pucon, Chile

The place is a bit tricky to find. On av OHiggins head towards the gas station and turn left (Colo-Colo st.), look for a small white sign on your right hand side. All in all, the hostel has a nice backyard, fiendly and really helpful staff, spacious kitchen and free wifi. What more could you want? Thanks, Gina, for a making me feel like home!

Nuevo Horizonte Hostel

Santiago, Chile

The location is good (there is a subway station close by and the city centre is a 30min walk from the hostel). The building itself is a bit oled, but the place is clean. Great place to meet other travellers (there is a separate sitting area and a spacious kitchen). The staff is amazing! Thank you for everything!

Brussels 2GO4 Quality Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

The location of the hostel is good. Rooms are nice and clean and I liked the spacious communal bathroom. I really disliked the ridiculous opening hours of the reception. As a result of the reception closing early, I am still waiting to get my key deposit back. They are not too keen on replying to my e-mails either. My room had no lock on the door (the lock was covered with duckt tape) so it does not seem very safe. The free "breakfast! in this hotel means just tea/coffee.

Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The staff is really nice and helpful. They recommended me some interesting things to see and do in Amsterdam. They were also kind enough to let me store my luggage there before check-in. The hostel is about an hours walk from the central train station, however you can always take a tram. Perfect location, if you are planning to visit the museums or the park nearby. The neighborhood is nice as well. The hostel has a kitchen and a small common area. The rooms are spacious and clean.

Friendly staff, clean hostel and good location. Would definitely book again.

Happy Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

Nice and friendly staff. Excellent location (not far from the city centre).

Gabriel Hostel

Brasov, Romania

Really lovely staff- friendly and helpful. I was given many interesting recommendations for sightseeing in Brasov and in the areas nearby. The hostel is neat and clean. I would really recommend to stay there!