If you are happy to hand over your money to an owner that has absolutely no time for his guests then you will enjoy your stay. Me and my girlfriend felt like cattle being herded; if we asked any questions we were shushed. On a brighter note we were ecstatic to see the room we had, it felt like a mini-apartment with a private door outside that only we used for entry. Great location too, 2 minutes from a boat stop! The room was never cleaned and coffee/tea were never replaced. Shame about owner.

• 11th Feb 2014

Inn Centre Rooms

Rome, Italy

Maurizio is a friendly host that has all the time in the world for your questions and queries about Rome! The room was cleaned daily and breakfast (although very basic) and coffee were replenished every day. The location is in a more 'sketchy' part of town - or so they say - I think that is nonsense as me and my girlfriend didn't once feel unsafe whether at 9am or midnight. The location is ideal for catching busses and/or trains - the bus/train station and shopping centre are directly opposite!

• 8th Feb 2014

Passenger Ship Avanti

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The couple running the ship were as helpful as ever and extremely friendly; we even went out for a couple of beers together! Location is perfect; 5 minute walk from the train station, 10 minute walk to red light district and a 10 minute bike ride to the museum quarter. The ship has a homely feel with all the guests socialising in the main lounge/diner; the munchies at whatever hour can be satisfied on board if you can't wait for the brilliant breakfast spread the following morning! Cheers Guys!

It was a pleasure :-) Stay in touch with us and come visit next time you come to the Dam. Dave & Anni x

Oops Design Hostel