Location: Brazil, Gender: Female, Age: 27

Art Hostel Rio

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Miserable breakfast, no air condicioning, no privacy and full of bugs and mosquitos. My husband left the hostel full of bites and red dots becoming really ichy and bloody. I dont recomend my worst enemy. Reception really polite and helpful though but the rest is awful.

• 8th Apr 2014

Corner Hostel Malta

Sliema, Malta

The hostel didn't care if I was afraid of height, I mentioned I was in the top bad and we booked two beds, both were top, told the staff about it said they couldn't do anything, had to put the mattress on the floor to be able to sleep by my own initiative. No fan in room, what makes awful moments in a warm country, and they were so poor that couldn't even serve breakfast, that was miserable.

• 21st Jul 2012
  • Sweden

We are very sorry that your experience at Corner Hostel was not pleasant - and we sincerely apologise about this. Please note however, that as the hostel was full during the duration of your stay with us, and the beds reserved had been top beds, it was not possible for us to shift you to a lower bed - if we could - we would - and we can assure you about that. It would have been helpful however if at the time of booking (or following the confirmation email we sent you) to indicate your fear and maybe we could have prevented this from happening. Upon check-in this was too late to change. Breakfast is not included at Corner Hostel, and that is clearly stated at hostel description. We have a big kitchen for everyone to prepare his own breakfasts and meals - which is one of our biggest assets. We are sorry that you were not satisfied and apologise once again.

Don't be scared if you see a place with lots of catholic statues, and bad iluminated, an absence of a reception an well dressed people to welcome you, they are actually really friendly and nice. The hostel tries to save money with too much lights on and the roof fan doesn't work for it. I was attacked by mosquitoes all the time and always when I needed the owner he desapeard. The hostel has everything to be the best in gozo, but its bad managed. Amazing view of the coast thru the window!

• 11th Jul 2012