• Australia, Male, 31-40
The Maze Backpackers, Sydney, Australia
11th Aug 2015

I've stayed here previously, and it was a no-brainer for me to return and stay again. I got a private room this time and it was spacious and clean and I loved it. The staff are friendly, and the laundry and kitchen are convenient. The only thing I would say I don't like is the toilet cubicle doors would be better if they were lower, as it feels like people can see your whole legs when you're pooing. And the showers might BE clean, but they FEEL dirty. I don't know how you combat that though.

The Maze Backpackers, Sydney, Australia
10th Feb 2015

We stayed in a 3 bed room. The only feedback I would say is that the room needs somewhere for you to put your clothes, other than keeping them in your luggage.

Bondi Beachouse YHA, Sydney, Australia
7.1
20th Nov 2014

It was a pretty good hostel. Old, but has a great view from the upstairs balcony. Wasn't impressed that WiFi isn't included in the price. I would have expected breakfast to be included too. It's not as close to Bondi Beach as I expected. More-so Tamarama and Bronte, but can't really complain. The guys that stayed in my room, 3 of them were trumpet snorers, so over the 4 days, i barely got 1 full-night's sleep. Not the best hostel I've stayed in, not the worst either.

American Dream Hostel, New York, USA
27th Jun 2013

I love this hostel. Central to d'town Manhattan. Close to city hire bikes, subway, bars & Flat Iron building. Short stroll to Madison Sq Park & a little further to Empire State Building. The staff: Perry was the best, so cool & laid-back, real decent guy. Fabi was a lovely lady so ready to give advice about where to go etc, and Sebastian was awesome too. Hermertia (spelling?) was quite rude, but she fades into insignificance among the rest of the team, incl. the lovely h'keeping team. Stay HERE!

M Montreal, Montreal, Canada
22nd Jun 2013

Definitely one of the better hostels I've stayed at in the last 4 years. The facilities are great for the dorms. The only thing I wish is that it was for under 35 guests only. Reason being is that young people are in dorms with 40+ ppl that go to sleep early, and they snore, and frankly younger people want to stay up and chat, drink and play card games, but you feel you can't do that. Aside from that, don't choose any other hostel, it's awesome and central. Claude, Sara & Josh = awesome.

19th Jun 2013

This hostel was really great. Majority of the staff are really great friendly ppl with the exception of one moody lady who wasn't very communicative. An older fella was very helpful on the day I checked in with lots of luggage, with using the elevator as my handle was broken. Rebekah & Shivani were awesome, fantastic out-going personalities and definitely set the vibe for the hostel. Hostel is in terrific location to everything. Hostel could do with more nightly activity, like cards, comps, etc.

AWA Seattle Hostel, Seattle, USA
13th May 2013

After traveling for a few months in & out of hostels, it was nice to have a room to myself. When I first arrived, I felt like the University District is a far way from downtown. But I ended up liking the area & the bus is less than 20 minutes and is cheap as chips. The hostel is great, clean and I met all the staff and they're great ppl, especially Anthony who sings and makes the place cheerful. The place needs an elevator though, it's a bit of struggle trying to drag your luggage up the stairs!

HI Floripa Hostel Barra da Lagoa, Florianopolis, Brazil
24th Apr 2013

When i checked-in, I was literally the only guest in the hostel. Obviously off-season, so that was boring, but generally it's a good hostel. Staff were friendly, especially the girl as she used to live in NZ and knew english really well. There was a dude that spoke good english too, and he was very friendly, I gave him some pizza! haha. Free WiFi is good, but didn't like that you had to pay to rent a towel, and you weren't given a blanket to sleep with. Only sheets. Close to beach, gym & food.

Oztel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
20th Apr 2013

When I checked in, it was off-season, so there was hardly any people staying there. I had an 8-bed dorm to myself the whole 4 days. And I hardly ever saw any other guests. I think there was only about 5 others staying there. All the facilities are great, free wifi and a TV room to watch movies. The staff are friendly, esp a fella called Alex, who was helpful. The breakfast needs cereal & milk! There is a bar and they let in the public which is cool. I imagine if it was busy, it would be awesome.

SoBe Hostel & Bar, Miami, USA
28th Mar 2013

I really liked staying at South Beach Hostel, I would definitely stay again. As soon as I arrived early in the morning, I was greeted with a slim young fella that was very friendly (sorry i forget his name, but it was his birthday that sunday) and from there the staff just got friendlier, even the housekeeping staff were singing/smiling at you as you walked past. It was also very clean. The bathroom facilities could be better but no real complaints. The location is great, close to everything.