Tbilisi Rooms Hostel & Tours, Tbilisi, Georgia
4.3
8th Sep 2014

This is the only hostel I've ever walked out of after paying. It was bad enough that the receptionist pretended not to see my HostelWorld reservation, and initially refused to honor my price, but when she threw half-washed sheets onto the bed in my disgusting private room, I knew I was risking my health by staying here. I wish the people who own this place the best of luck – they need it! – but don't stay here unless you want to get sick.

Hi there Robert and thanks for your review as it was really a good reason to fire that receptionist. thanks again

Hostel Patua do Pelourinho, Salvador, Brazil
5th Jul 2014

I would like to give Hostel Patua a higher rating than I did. With an excellent location and an amazing staff headed by Marcello, who just might be the most charming person I've ever met, it has all the foundations for a great hostel. It is new, however, and admittedly needs some work, namely in terms of its cleanliness, facilities and security. I have no doubt that by the next time I visit Brazil, Hostel Patua will be an excellent hostel, but for now it's really just average.

6.6
16th Apr 2014

I basically used this as a place to crash for two nights while I did other things during the day and it served that purpose well.

10th Apr 2014

Great hostel!

6th Apr 2014

The friendly staff are just the icing on the cake at this hostel, which has an amazing location and the convenience of an onsite bar/café. I wish the dorm was a little smaller but overall, a great hostel!

Clock Inn Colombo, Colombo, Sri Lanka
7.4
10th Jun 2013

Staff was very good; facilities were pretty good; but something felt lacking, at the end of the day. Maybe the lack of breakfast?

Thank you for your positive response! We have just started serving breakfast now, and have many more activities and events lined up for the rest of the year. We hope that you get the opportunity to visit us again and experience it. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay overall! Happy Travels!

Vila Veselova, Ljubljana, Slovenia
9th Jul 2012

Absolutely perfect hostel in every way. STAY HERE!

Thank you a lot. Such comments makes us happy and reward all our efforts.

2.9
7th Jul 2012

This is literally the worst hostel I've ever stayed in -- and I've stayed in hundreds. It is the reason I left Venice after two days instead of three. Very difficult to find; staff gave me an attitude when I asked for help. The sink in my room was filled with standing water and when I asked the staff to fix it, they refused. No AC, no fan and no ventilation. Empty vending machine. No Wi-Fi! Don't stay here -- it will ruin your time in Venice!

You need a Doctor Man!!

Legends, Rome, Italy
5th Jul 2012

I am pretty ambivalent about this hostel. It was a place to sleep, no more, no less. It was the only thing open on HostelWorld when I booked.

Hostel Galla, Milan, Italy
6.6
27th Jun 2012

Hostel Galla is not a "real" hostel -- in fact, the sign outside of the property reads "Hotel Galla." Standard hostel amenities, such as a guest room and breakfast, do not exist. In some ways this is good, of course: The "dorm room" only had three beds. Although Hostel Galla is located close to a metro station, it is in a rather residential neighborhood of Milano. I suppose this could be a good thing for travelers looking for a more "authentic" experience, although it proved stressful for me.

Best hostel Old Town Stortorget, Stockholm, Sweden
22nd Jun 2012

This hostel is incredible!

El Viajero Cartagena Hostel, Cartagena, Colombia
8th May 2012

The hostel was mostly great, although I did get sick one night and needed to stay in a private room. Even though I offered to move my things from the dorm, he still charged me the full price for just five hours.

Hostel Sue Candelaria, Bogota, Colombia
30th Apr 2012

This place was awesome. Great location right in the Candelaria, incredible staff and totally safe. Will be definitely be staying here again when I pass back through Bogotá!

Byron Beach Resort, Byron Bay, Australia
4.6
21st Feb 2012

I think the staff of Byron Beach Resort mean well, but that the property is a lost cause. It is smelly, dirty and in parts, infested by ants. Worse, it is a 30 minute walk from the center of town, which is a very long way when you consider how small Bryon Bay is. The kitchen? Dirty and disgusting and even worse, you have to rent out dishes! I don't see this place being in business very long, even if the front desk girls are very sweet.

We appreciate input both good and bad, and realize that clients can provide great insights. The property has been with us for the last 4 mths, and we agree that had we not taken it over it would have been a lost cause! However, our improvements have been many, and there are many more to come. We also promote the property as being out of the centre of Byron, as we believe and many agree, that our location is a major attraction. The property is about a 15 min by the beach & 20 by the public street walk into town (can be more/less depending on individual). However, we've also added free bike hire and a shuttle bus for clients to get into / out of town. Lastly, agreed the kitchen can get messy from users that are meant to clean up after themselves, but is on the renovation hit list, but is cleaned top to bottom each night. The other cause for renovation will be the common bathrooms / showers, which are dated we agree, but they are also professionally cleaned twice daily Thanks Byron Beach Resort

St Christopher's at The Winston, Amsterdam, Netherlands
9.3
30th Oct 2011

The location was fantastic, the staff was fun and friendly and breakfast is tasty and varied. The only complaint I have is about some of the other guests being messy and inconsiderate, but I guess that comes with hostel territory.

Wake UP! Cairo Hostel, Cairo, Egypt
20th Sep 2011

This place truly felt like a home in Cairo. Its excellent location -- right in downtown Cairo overlooking the Nile and the Egyptian museum -- didn't hurt that, nor did the helpfulness of its staff. Walaa in particular was excellent: The single room I booked was taken, so she upgraded me to a double room with ensuite bathroom, free of charge. Definitely stay here if you're visiting Cairo!

Oonas Dive Club, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
18th Sep 2011

Staff promise me a transfer to the airport, let me know five minutes before I had to leave that it wasn't possible.