Location USA, Gender Female, Age 29

Bounce Sydney, Sydney, Australia
15th Sep 2015

Convenient location across from Central. Amazing beds. Huge lockers with power points inside. Great common area upstairs and a netflix room. Super clean and new. Stay here! You won't regret it.

Flying Monkey Backpackers, Cairns, Australia
2.9
11th Sep 2015

WORST EVER!!! I had dried-only god knows what on my "clean sheets" when I arrived. no real blanket-only empty duvet cover. Fine of $20 for turning on the aircon in winter. When I arrived the guy at the front desk was in his boxer-briefs and wasn't every helpful. The bathroom was disgusting. Dirt and mould all over. The bottom on one of the doors was literally falling out. Sink was nearly rusted off the wall. I stayed one night out of my four booked and went and stayed in a hotel. Don't do it!!!

United Backpackers, Melbourne, Australia
9th Sep 2015

Wonderful hostel! Clean, comfortable, and great location. Perfect for your stay in Melbourne.

Wow! Thanks so much! Come back and see us again soon! Happy Travels Jess Ops Manager

Jailhouse Accommodation Christchurch, Christchurch, New Zealand
7th Sep 2015

Nomads Queenstown, Queenstown, New Zealand
1st Sep 2015

Amazing central location. Everything you could want in a hostel except the mattresses were not the most comfortable. Several people on my bus said their backs were also sore from the beds. Other than that it was amazing.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review. We are so glad to hear you had a great time with us while you were in Queenstown. Our location is so central it makes exploring our beautiful little town all the easier - not to mention the views of the lake :) I am sorry the mattresses were a little uncomfortable, we are in the process of replacing several of the 'tired' ones - hopefully you can try one out if you are in town again. Thanks again- Sam and the Nomads Queenie Team

YHA Wellington City, Wellington, New Zealand

19th Aug 2015

Nomads Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
7.4
15th Aug 2015

Great location, Decent beds, and good clean showers.

USA Hostels San Diego, San Diego, USA
6.6
29th Apr 2014

Decent hostel right in the middle of downtown. If you plan on sleeping though, good luck here. All the noise from the bars in the area made it hard to sleep without earplugs and unfortunately, I was there during a heatwave. No a/c was rough but usually you don't need it in San Diego. Nice kitchen and breakfast. Security was good and it was very clean.

The Royal Bayswater Hostel, London, England
5.1
30th Oct 2013

Great location but you get what you pay for. Water in the shower was either barely warm or scalding hot. Lock on the door was barely holding the door shut. Impossible to meet anyone since there is no common room. You have to pay for the wifi, which, wouldn't bother me if it were decent but it was terrible. It is, however, right next to Queensway and across the street from Kensington Gardens. All in all, you get what you pay for.

5.7
27th Oct 2013

Both toilets in my room were broken. One of the showers had the light burnt out so it couldn't be used. The staff with the exception of the first lady I talked to (and the cleaning crew) wasn't overly nice and it was quite dull down in Belushi's compared to the other St Chris' I've stayed in. All in all, I will stay at a St Christopher's whenever I can but this one may have been scratched off the list...which is a shame because I've stayed here on 5 separate occasions.

Hi There, We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. We have since fixed these issues in the hostel and hope you would reconsider staying with us again. Pleasing guests is at the top of our priorities so we are always more than happy to offer you a free cooked breakfast for next time. Happy travels, Edinburgh Team

7.7
22nd Oct 2013

They're undergoing a bit of painting and repairs while I was there. My only complaint was the inconsiderate boy-men who decided it would be funny to have a drunken get-together in the room at 4am and then wake everyone up again at 6:30am. Everything to do with the hostel was spot on as usual. The staff, as always, was friendly and helpful. Worth a visit. You won't find a better location for the money.

Hi There! Thank you for taking the time to review us. We were sorry to hear you had disruptive guests in your room. Next time just let us know and we are more than happy to come down and enforce a little 'SHUSHHH!' :) We hate losing out on sleep too. Glad you enjoyed everything else, and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Happy travels! Edinburgh Team

17th Oct 2013

Do yourself a favor and stay here. You won't regret it.

8.0
14th Oct 2013

I always stay here when I'm in Paris. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Clean and quiet upstairs while downstairs, Belushi's and the club always have something new and fun.

Bahaus Guesthouse Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
6.6
30th Sep 2013

Great location and very clean. Privacy curtains and outlets in the beds was a major plus however, if you're looking to get any sleep I don't know if I would recommend this place. It has nothing to do with the hostel itself-it was very nice-but it's definitely a party hostel and the other guests were very rude partying in the room 12am-4am. Wes was a pleasure. Overall I would recommend

No Name City Hostel, Madrid, Spain
25th Sep 2013

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
AAE 11th Avenue Hostel, Denver, USA
29th May 2013

Very friendly and attentive staff. Great location...easy access to public transit and minutes from 16st mall. Not much chance to mingle with other travelers unless they're staying in your room. Very clean overall. I will stay here again.

Living Cat's Hostel, Madrid, Spain
7th Nov 2011

I've stayed here on two occasions and both times were fabulous. Walking distance to just about everything.

Avalon House, Dublin, Ireland
1st Nov 2011

Nice location. Walking distance to everything you'd want to see in Dublin. Comfy beds. Nice staff. I'll come back.

25th Oct 2011

Great Location and super friendly staff. Right around the corner from the royal mile.

The Royal Bayswater Hostel, London, England
2.7
16th Oct 2011

I would never stay here again. Staff wasn't very helpful. No hot water once in the week I was there. No way to meet people because there is no common area except for the breakfast area. Lots of families and older travelers. No wifi, you have to pay to use their computers. I would never stay here again and I wish I had listened to the reviews before I booked. Go to St. Christophers...I've never been disappointed by them yet.

9.0
9th Oct 2011

Aside from the hostel being out of toliet paper for 3 days...it was amazing and I would stay here again.

Shelter City, Amsterdam, Netherlands
5.3
4th Oct 2011

Location was great.. Stay in a smaller dorm because the larger dorms are not easy to sleep in with all the noise of people passing by or coming in and out. Bathrooms never seemed clean even though I saw them cleaning daily. When they say Christian...they mean it...so if bible readings aren't your thing...think twice

Hostel Miles, Prague, Czech Republic
30th Sep 2011

The perfect hostel in Prague. Wonderful staff...perfect location...cleanest hostel I've stayed at in months. Thanks for the great stay.

23rd Sep 2011

Rialto Star, Venice, Italy
9.3
19th Sep 2011

Wonderful stay. Everything was perfect. Easy to find great location. Clean, quiet and relaxing. There are no bedbugs-however, mosquitoes are a problem in the city in general I found. I will come back the next time I'm in Venice.

Welcome Inn, Naples, Italy
16th Sep 2011

Great Location. Nice and clean. Super nice and helpful staff will tell you how or where to do almost anything you want. The only thing I didn't like was all the noise from the cars. Drivers are insane and honk their horns at all hours of the night but that's not the hostels fault and it can't be avoided anywhere in Naples.

Sunshine Hostel, Rome, Italy
7.0
9th Sep 2011

Nice location. Very clean. Close to metro, a market, and 10 minutes walking to the Colosseum. I would stay here again.

8.0
4th Sep 2011

Center Ramblas, Barcelona, Spain
2.7
1st Sep 2011

The front staff was very rude and were more interested in talking to each other than getting me checked in. I gave the young man 20 for my key deposit and he just ignored the amount. I had to prompt him twice to give me my change. I was given a key and told I was on the first floor. My "clean" sheets had hair in them. There are no lockers to lock your things up. The bathrooms were filthy and the shower didn't drain because of all the hair. I would NEVER stay here again for any reason.