Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 27

USA Hostels San Diego

San Diego, USA

Decent hostel right in the middle of downtown. If you plan on sleeping though, good luck here. All the noise from the bars in the area made it hard to sleep without earplugs and unfortunately, I was there during a heatwave. No a/c was rough but usually you don't need it in San Diego. Nice kitchen and breakfast. Security was good and it was very clean.

The Royal Bayswater Hostel

Great location but you get what you pay for. Water in the shower was either barely warm or scalding hot. Lock on the door was barely holding the door shut. Impossible to meet anyone since there is no common room. You have to pay for the wifi, which, wouldn't bother me if it were decent but it was terrible. It is, however, right next to Queensway and across the street from Kensington Gardens. All in all, you get what you pay for.

Edinburgh, Scotland

Both toilets in my room were broken. One of the showers had the light burnt out so it couldn't be used. The staff with the exception of the first lady I talked to (and the cleaning crew) wasn't overly nice and it was quite dull down in Belushi's compared to the other St Chris' I've stayed in. All in all, I will stay at a St Christopher's whenever I can but this one may have been scratched off the list...which is a shame because I've stayed here on 5 separate occasions.

Hi There, We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. We have since fixed these issues in the hostel and hope you would reconsider staying with us again. Pleasing guests is at the top of our priorities so we are always more than happy to offer you a free cooked breakfast for next time. Happy travels, Edinburgh Team

Edinburgh, Scotland

They're undergoing a bit of painting and repairs while I was there. My only complaint was the inconsiderate boy-men who decided it would be funny to have a drunken get-together in the room at 4am and then wake everyone up again at 6:30am. Everything to do with the hostel was spot on as usual. The staff, as always, was friendly and helpful. Worth a visit. You won't find a better location for the money.

Hi There! Thank you for taking the time to review us. We were sorry to hear you had disruptive guests in your room. Next time just let us know and we are more than happy to come down and enforce a little 'SHUSHHH!' :) We hate losing out on sleep too. Glad you enjoyed everything else, and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Happy travels! Edinburgh Team

Do yourself a favor and stay here. You won't regret it.

I always stay here when I'm in Paris. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Clean and quiet upstairs while downstairs, Belushi's and the club always have something new and fun.

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Great location and very clean. Privacy curtains and outlets in the beds was a major plus however, if you're looking to get any sleep I don't know if I would recommend this place. It has nothing to do with the hostel itself-it was very nice-but it's definitely a party hostel and the other guests were very rude partying in the room 12am-4am. Wes was a pleasure. Overall I would recommend

No Name City Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Very friendly and attentive staff. Great location...easy access to public transit and minutes from 16st mall. Not much chance to mingle with other travelers unless they're staying in your room. Very clean overall. I will stay here again.

• 29th May 2013
  • Globetrotter

Living Cat's Hostel

Madrid, Spain

I've stayed here on two occasions and both times were fabulous. Walking distance to just about everything.

Avalon House

Dublin, Ireland

Nice location. Walking distance to everything you'd want to see in Dublin. Comfy beds. Nice staff. I'll come back.

Edinburgh, Scotland

Great Location and super friendly staff. Right around the corner from the royal mile.

The Royal Bayswater Hostel

I would never stay here again. Staff wasn't very helpful. No hot water once in the week I was there. No way to meet people because there is no common area except for the breakfast area. Lots of families and older travelers. No wifi, you have to pay to use their computers. I would never stay here again and I wish I had listened to the reviews before I booked. Go to St. Christophers...I've never been disappointed by them yet.

Aside from the hostel being out of toliet paper for 3 days...it was amazing and I would stay here again.

Shelter City

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Location was great.. Stay in a smaller dorm because the larger dorms are not easy to sleep in with all the noise of people passing by or coming in and out. Bathrooms never seemed clean even though I saw them cleaning daily. When they say Christian...they mean it...so if bible readings aren't your thing...think twice

Hostel Miles

Prague, Czech Republic

The perfect hostel in Prague. Wonderful staff...perfect location...cleanest hostel I've stayed at in months. Thanks for the great stay.

Rialto Star

Venice, Italy

Wonderful stay. Everything was perfect. Easy to find great location. Clean, quiet and relaxing. There are no bedbugs-however, mosquitoes are a problem in the city in general I found. I will come back the next time I'm in Venice.

Welcome Inn

Naples, Italy

Great Location. Nice and clean. Super nice and helpful staff will tell you how or where to do almost anything you want. The only thing I didn't like was all the noise from the cars. Drivers are insane and honk their horns at all hours of the night but that's not the hostels fault and it can't be avoided anywhere in Naples.

Sunshine Hostel

Rome, Italy

Nice location. Very clean. Close to metro, a market, and 10 minutes walking to the Colosseum. I would stay here again.

David Inn

Florence, Italy

Wonderful staff. Fantastic location! I would stay here again

Center Ramblas

Barcelona, Spain

The front staff was very rude and were more interested in talking to each other than getting me checked in. I gave the young man 20 for my key deposit and he just ignored the amount. I had to prompt him twice to give me my change. I was given a key and told I was on the first floor. My "clean" sheets had hair in them. There are no lockers to lock your things up. The bathrooms were filthy and the shower didn't drain because of all the hair. I would NEVER stay here again for any reason.