Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 27

Saltwater Lodge

Paihia, New Zealand

Honey Budget Backpackers B&B

Whangarei, New Zealand

Poor business managament. I booked this hostel for 3 nights, and found out the day before I was supposed to arrive it was closed for the holidays. Deposit was already paid weeks in advance. They claim they had contacted me. Have tried contacting property to resolve issue and they have stopped responding. Extremely frustrating.

Mountain Jade Backpackers

Hokitika, New Zealand

Great central location. Clean. Nice balcony. The owners were fantastic and I enjoyed talking to them. Thank you so much for your hospitality.

YHA Franz Josef

Franz Josef, New Zealand

The beds came with 2 PILLOWS. Enough said. :) Great location and free wifi.

YHA Wanaka Purple Cow

Wanaka, New Zealand

Best. Hostel. Ever!! I absolutely loved Wanaka and this hostel was fantastic. Great staff. Beauriful view of lake and mountains. Free WIFI. Thank you! My only suggestion would be to add lockers to room, please.

LakeFront Backpackers Lodge

Lake Tekapo, New Zealand

Really lovely location. A bit of a walk from the town center, but worth it. WIFI was really expensive... seemed silly to charge when most places in town offer it for free. Rooms were pretty crammed and lockers would be nice. Overall clean and good atmosphere.

Mt Cook Lodge & Motels

Mt Cook, New Zealand

I didn't realize when booking this is NOT an actual hostel. It's a lodge with some backpacker dorms and communal kitchen. No lockers. Atmosphere wasn't like a normal hostel and there was nothing going on. Though, it is a beautiful location and if you're looking for some peace and quiet, it's perfect.

Sir Cedrics Tahuna Pod Hostel

Queenstown, New Zealand

This place was RAD. One of the best hostels. Fantastic staff. Tons of free ammenities. Free WIFI. The "pod" beds were private and relaxing.

Kia ora, Thank you so much for taking the time to review Tahuna Pod Hostel. We couldn't be happier that you enjoyed everything here. If you are ever back in Queenstown, please do come and ctay with us again. Regards, Will.

Te Anau Lakefront Backpackers

Te Anau, New Zealand

I wasn't too impressed with this place. Staff was unfriendly, wifi only worked by the office, and no lockers for security.

Central Backpackers Dunedin

Dunedin, New Zealand

Mellow, relaxed hostel. Always had a movie going so you can just hang out if you need some down time. Friendly, helpful staff. Would recommend.

Jailhouse Accommodation Christchurch

Christchurch, New Zealand

Honestly I was unimpressed with this place. It's WAY out of the city center, didn't have a great atmosphere, wifi didnt work too well, and the staff seemed a bit rude. I wanted to like this place based on the ratings... but I would skip it.

Albatross Backpacker Inn

Kaikoura, New Zealand

This was the BEST hostel. I just adored it. Katy was SO kind and helpful. Great vibes, funky art, musical instruments, nice kitchen. Free bikes and occasional free goodies. I would absolutely recommend this place. My only suggestion would be perhaps add lockers to the rooms.

Aurora Backpackers

Nelson, New Zealand

If you're looking for a mellow, quiet hostel to get a good night's sleep, this place is great. If you're looking for something energetic and lively, check out the other hostels in town. Helpful staff.

The Villa Backpackers Lodge

Picton, New Zealand

Cleanest hostel kitchen I've ever seen. I loved the outdoor area. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Paradiso Backpackers

Nelson, New Zealand

Many ammenities and activities. A very FUN hostel. Could work on cleanliness. I know there are a lot of woofers working. Maybe a deep clean would be good sometimes in the bathroom/shower area... otherwise a nice stay.

Base Wellington

Wellington, New Zealand

Wifi was expensive. Good central location by bus lines and Mt. Victoria. Cute guy behind the counter was extremely helpful! Thank you. :)

Taupo Urban Retreat

Taupo, New Zealand

Wifi was expensive. Otherwise, fantastic place to stay and extremely helpful staff.

Crash Palace

Rotorua, New Zealand

One of my favorite hostels I've ever stayed at!! Perfect size. Great vibes. Great artwork. Free bikes to use. Thank you so much!

You are welcome anytime, thanks for coming to stay :) safe travels

Rock Solid Backpackers Rotorua NZ

Rotorua, New Zealand

The vibe of the hostel wasn't very personable. Maybe it was too large of a hostel for my taste. There were no planned evening activites as far as I was aware. I think that could help.

On the Beach Backpackers

Whitianga, New Zealand

Good little hostel, but without a car hard to get around the area. Keep in mind Hot Water Beach and Cathedral Cove are NOT walking distance. Staff was really helpful. A bit of a walk into town.

Nomads Auckland

Auckland, New Zealand

This place was OK. This hostel was HUGE.. 7 stories. WiFi was expensive. Not a very great communal area and furniture was falling apart.

Large, spacious rooms. Large personal lockers. Great place to stay.

hi there. thanks for the feedback. save travells :)

Art Hole Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

This hostel was very comfortable and really did make you feel at home. The staff was excellent and there to chat or answer any questions. The place was beautifully painted too :)

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

Lotte - The Backpackers

Heidelberg, Germany

I loved this hostel. Perfect location. Warm and friendly staff. Will be back again someday.

Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Good quiet location, and only a couple streets away from the chaos of the city center. Great free breakfast. Only con was the cleanliness of the bathroom.

Thank you for your response and rating! You are right, we are in the city centre just a few minutes walk away from the Dam, Redlight District and Rembrandt plein! Sorry to hear about the bathrooms, we will look in to that! Kind Regards, Anna Stayokay Stadsdoelen

Arsenal Tavern Backpackers

Morning cleaning crew was rude. Even after bathrooms, etc. were cleaned, the bathrooms still seemed dirty. Shower faucets were terrible. The common room & bar downstairs was a nice place to hangout; but no one liked to mingle for conversation. I guess you get what you pay for.

Camping Jungfrau Holiday Park

Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland

Great location; saw the waterfall right outside our window. Laundry onsite, which was convenient. Internet and kitchen costs money to use... and no soap in the bathrooms...

Youthhostel Montreux

Montreux, Switzerland

Was a huge hostel and didn't see very many guests. Everything is overpriced. Would skip Montreux if I could do this part of my trip over again.

Cassis Hostel

Cassis, France

Had such a lovely time. Great location and atmosphere. Well maintained and clean. We loved the mascot puppy, Gabby!

Cassis Hostel

Cassis, France

Castel Chambres

Carcassonne, France

Lovely get-away from the city. Wouldn't recommend it unless you have transportation.. but there are bikes, allowing you to see more of the countryside and vineyards. Great family who owns the place. Speaks little english. Overall, very nice.

Lullaby Garden Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

10 bedroom dorm is a bit noisy because it is off a busy street. Buy earplugs! An awesome hostel with great staff and guests.