Location USA, Gender Female, Age 51

Bluewater Lodge, Nadi, Fiji
3rd May 2016

This is the best value in Fiji while being safe, clean and in a pleasant atmosphere. Perfect for a short stay as there wasn't a kitchen. There is a mini market, liquor store and Korean restaurant in walking distance. Checkin is at Traveller's Beach Resort. Also, email them your flight info and they will pick you up at the airport! I stayed in a dorm and although there is no key to the dorm room, there is staff on 24 hours though and lockers so I felt plenty safe.

24th Feb 2016

This was a welcome change from the larger hostels in Waikiki. The staff is personable and calls you by name. The location is superb. The facilities were routinely cleaned and functioned well. Sure there are signs of a little rust here and there and a worn carpet spot or too but with its lower price than the boutique hostels, very safe setup and great staff it has become my preferred place to spend a few days as I head on my way to Australia. Cheers

Koa Wood Hale, Kailua-Kona, USA
19th Feb 2015

This is a small boutique hostel and fills up fast. Do not hesitate at all, book early. Keep in mind the checkin times posted and also ignore any reviews that say it is dirty. This is Hawaii, you may find sand on your floor dragged in by your roommate, just grab the broom in the laundry room. For the price, the least we could do is to pitch in and help maintain this gem of Hostel. Also, there is only one bus from Kona airport in am and in afternoon so time your flight accordingly to pay $2.

Nomads Byron Bay, Byron Bay, Australia
16th Apr 2014

Excellent stay, super nice people, very clean, a well oiled machine. No better location possible. Great for an older backpacker as well.

Vara's Beach House, Rarotonga, Cook Islands
17th Apr 2013

Truly on of the most beautiful locations on Earth, I had a group of 13 new formed friends we did community meals, dance or hula lessons and truly marvelous just to sit on the deck. Go there and enjoy!

Wickham Retreat Backpackers, Perth, Australia
8th Mar 2013

Definitely a great value, there will be free food, wifi and laundry included. Charming home, great Italian rest. On the corner or breakfast cafe a few blocks on the water's edge. Easy walk into town or free bus shuttle. I would stay there again!

27th Feb 2013

This is a budget hostel. Bring your own insulated mug for coffee or water. As is the case in China you do not brush your teeth with tap water. I would fill my mug with boiling water they provided, let it cool, then us it for drinking. I ate at the night market and my health was fine. A friend recommended a private guide, and she was excellent. Lisa Tel: 13801021606. She explained everyday life, went to buy my train ticket to Xi'an with me as I wanted a bottom bunk. Have fun!

The Village Glebe, Sydney, Australia
21st Mar 2012

This hostel was great in everything except the guests did not clean their dishes. What i saw in Byron Bay, you pay $5 for dish deposit and you would be surprised how everyone keeps dishes clean! The village is a place to return to.

PLUS Florence, Florence, Italy
12th Oct 2011

As a 40 something single female, I was recommended to stay here by my 21 year old daughter who visited the year before. I was delighted when my roomy was female and 60! Fun for all ages

9th Oct 2011

Now that I know how to find it, I would return. It is very affordable, free internet, free breakfast, great staff. The staff exceeded expectation, VERY SAFE location near US Embassy and various consulates. CAUTION have it mapped out, there is no sign other than on a doorbell. From the Hard Rock Cafe, follow Avenida Leonida Bissolati and turn left on Via Sallustiana for 1 block then right onto Umbria. They provide you directions from the train station