Derry City Independent Hostel

Derry, Northern Ireland

Nice hostel. Very close to the centre of town. Free breakfast was great (cereal, toast, tea, coffee). Wifi worked well

Finn McCool's Giant's Causeway Hostel

Bushmills, Northern Ireland

Perfect location, 5 min walk from the Giant's Causeway tourist centre. The view from the breakfast room was beautiful (and also from our dorm room!). The hot breakfast was nice (eggs, bacon, toast). One of our friends had booked separately and they were able to move him to our room with no problem. Would be handy to have more toilets & showers as they were very busy in the mornings

Four Courts Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Good location, about 5 min walk from temple bar area, not too noisy. The breakfast was great (cereals, toast, tea, coffee). The staff were very helpful. We had a 6 bed dorm and our own bathroom which was great. They also have cages that you can lock your bags in under the beds.

Perfect location, right in the centre of town - only downside to that is that it can get quite noisy at night. We were on the 4th floor and could hear music outside until the clubs/bars shut at 3am. There was no wifi available in our room which meant we had to go down to the common room. The coomon room was big, comfy couches and a well equiped kitchen and laundry. The other downside is that reception is closed from 12-3 which means you can't check in or leave your bags during this time.

Hotel Pension Roesli

Lucerne, Switzerland

We didn't end up staying here, as when we went to check in (at their hotel - the Baslertor) they said we would be staying there. It suited us fine, the room was tiny, but we had our own bathroom (our original booking we were meant to be sharing in the hostel). Staff we friendly, location was great, right near the old town.

Grand Hostel Gdansk

Gdansk, Poland

Stayed here for 2 nights with a friend. Positives: perfect spot in the old town, separate cubicals for the toilet and showers. Negatives: staff were not very welcoming, it seemed like we were staying in someone else's house. One of the staff members was on the couch with her (i assume) boyfriend stroking his hair while she was meant to be working. They didnt seem to care about giving us any information on sights or restaurants etc. I would look for somewhere else to stay if I was going back

New World St. Hostel

Warsaw, Poland

Overall it was an ok hostel. The best part was our huge room (private room - Barcelona). Staff were helpful, providing maps and tips of where to go etc. The kitchen is small, but practical. I did find it strange that you didn't have to wash your dishes - usually they were just piled up in the sink/on the bench which looked messy. One downside were the showers - the push button type and mine ran out of hot water after about 3 minutes both days I used it. Good location.

Mosquito Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Easily the best hostel I have stayed at in the last few years. Perfect location, about a 4 minute walk to the old town. The staff were very friendly and helpful - excellent tips about restaurants! The hostel had different activities on each night (free shots, kareoke) and also FREE dinner everynight if you wanted it! The bathrooms were a good size, very clean, big showers with HOT water. I can't recommend this place enough, look no further, stay at Mosquito!

Hatters on Newton Street

Manchester, England

We stayed in an 18 bed dorm over the bank holiday weekend. Overall it was fine for the price we paid. The main down side was that there was no bathroom attached to the dorm. The ladies was on the other side of the hallway and the guys was on a completely different floor. The building is fairly old and slightly dirty, but overall it was ok. The breakfast of toast, cereal, yoghurt & juice was nice.

AmicitiA (former Friesland)

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I booked a 3 night stay over easter at this hostel back in Jan 2013. i received a reminder e-mail 1 week before our stay confirming the dates et. However when we arrived at 7pm on the first night we were informed that there had been an overbooking and we had to go stay on another boat. I was not very happy at all, but the manager was away that weekend and there was not much we could do. The staff member on that night was apologetic, but it would have been nie to be told beforehand.

Hotel Nymphenburg Munich

Munich, Germany

A nice hotel, very reasonable price for the time of year (early December) compared to hostels. There was a large range of options to choose from for breakfast (cereals, eggs, bread, pastries) and it was included which was great. Although it wasnt in the city centre, its only 2 stops on the train to get to the main station. There are two train stops within 5 minutes walking distance so getting into the city was really easy. Would definately recommend this hotel!

Broadway Hotel n Hostel

New York, USA

I would never stay at this hostel again. The only clean part of my experience was when i was down in the lobby. I stayed in the 2 bed dorm. The room was quite big, but very dark with only one small light. I got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, i opened the door the hallway and a group of cats ran past me! They were standing at the bathroom. Luckily i found another toilet down the other end. Everytime in used the bathroom it was filthy, hair everywhere. No organised activities

American Dream Hostel

New York, USA

I really enjoyed my stay at American Dream Hostel. The location is fantastic, just a short walk to 2 different subway stations that can take you all over New York. I stayed in the 4 bed female dorm, the bedroom and bathroom were cleaned daily. Breakfast was great: ceral, fruit, waffles, toast. Free wifi worked well in all areas of hostel. The only down side was that there was no common room which made it hard to meet people. I would definatenly recommend this hostel and would stay here again.