Location: Russia, Gender: Female, Age: 24

Kinabalu Mountain Lodge

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

This is a perfect hiking base in a dry warm season, but not when it rains. During our stay it was extremely cold and the hostel is not equipped with appropriate facilities for this weather. The toilet is basically outdoors and windows let cold air in. I had to sleep with all my clothes on and it still felt cold. However, I must say good words about two lovely girls who look after the hostel. They were so kind to us: helped to get out of the park, gave raincoats for free and made delicious food.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Russia

This is not an average hostel.It definitely has a special atmosphere - like you're living in David's house, which is cool. On the other hand, it's only David running the whole place, so most of the time there is nobody there, so don't expect much advice and help. Also, you can't just walk in and check in, need to book in advance and if you are late, there won't be anyone to let you inside the hostel.

Check In Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Great location close to huge Lidl and all attractions. Too crowded and some weird people staying in the hostel, so didn't like the atmosphere at all.

YHA York

York, England

YHA is quite far from the city center - need to walk about 15-20 min. Although this is compensated by great (as usual) facilities, super clear showers, friendly staff and delicious English breakfast. You can actually see some tree with squirrels and kind of a field from the dining room, which is very relaxing. Highly recommended!

I was pleasantly surprised to see ensuite toiler and shower in a dorm room (both very clean). Also, since in was quite cold in November, aircon with temperature control was very useful. Nice breakfast with croisants, jam, butter, juice and coffee. I had great time!

Struy Guest House

Inverness, Scotland

NEVER STAY IN A "SINGLE" ROOM. It's not safe there at all. It's cold, heater is not safe to leave overnight and it's making noise of a car engine, so impossible to sleep. Plus, you have to open 3 doors with keys if you just want to pee or wash hands. Plus, no kitchen is available. The worst place I've ever stayed. You should put more photos to set expectations right.

we have a caravan at the rear of the property that we just put on as mega budget accommodation for 1 person private but on our profile theres no proper options to describe that room properly so we have described it the best we can. we do have a kitchen but its private and only very limited access by guests by prior arrangement before arriving at property. REMEMBER ITS BUDGET ACCOMMODATION PLEASE DONT EXPECT ANYTHING AMAZING FOR THAT PRICE

Heb Hostel

Isle of Lewis, Scotland

Hated staying in this hostel, I don't get why it got such a high rates!? The hostel is dirty and with old furniture. No heating was working when I was there. Plus, there was no hot water either. You had to wait few hours for water to heat, which I didn't have late evening. Owner value costs over convenience of guests! Plus, the is a homeless person living in the hostel. She was constantly harassing me and my mum during our stay. We were happy to leave that dirty stupid place!

Broadford Backpackers Hostel

Isle of Skye, Scotland

Terrible experience: 1) All staff is Spanish and can't speak proper English. So they couldn't help me with anything. 2) No heating in October. It was absolutely freezing!! Couldn't dry my clothes. 3) No hot water in showers. 4) Lounge smelled of weed. The only good thing is free Internet and computer.

Glencoe Independent Hostel

Glencoe, Scotland

Location is not very convenient, unless you have a car. But they have all facilities for a forest hostel, i.e. heating and drying room.

Euro Hostel Glasgow

Glasgow, Scotland

Great location right in the city center, so you can walk to anywhere from the hostel. Everything is well organised: card operated door lock, good breakfast, clean facilities. Seems like the best combination of price and value in Glasgow. Although, it feels more like a hotel, which might be a minus for someone, but not me.

• 6th Oct 2013
  • Russia

Everton Hostel

Liverpool, England

There were no hot water in my tap. By the time I went to get breakfast (1 hour before its end) the only thing left were cereals, i.e. no milk, no toasts, no fruits, no cheese. Won't recommend it.

NO KITCHEN or even a microwave or fridge. Breakfast is poor: only toasts with tea/coffee. Cards that are used as a key worked only after the 10th desperate attempt. It was very noisy in the room at night because some kind of boiler or heater was working behind the wall.

Central Hostel

The hostel is dirty and disgusting! Staff is not really helpful. Rooms are crowded and it smells badly there. Would not recommend to anyone!

Queen Elizabeth Chelsea

They have any wicrowave and no real kitchen. Sanitation is very poor as there is a mouse living (for many months according to staff) on first floor, where all guests' food is stored!