Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 24

Awesome rooftop lounge. Ping pong and fooseball going on all day. Anything more than some standard coffee and bread will cost you. Location is smack dab near kennedy park, next to many great restaurants and bars. Bonus: there are plenty of restrooms available.

Home Sweet Home

Cusco, Peru

Awesome small family-run hostel. The father doesn't speak the best English but more than makes it up in hospitality. Rooms are very clean and showers warm. Located on top of a hill, so it's a bit of a climb like other reviewers suggested but you get what you put in. The view is great and you can get away from the city noise as well as polluted air. Plus it's a good practice in getting acclimated to the high altitude!

Pisko & Soul

Cusco, Peru

Awesome and helpful staff, when I left for a tour at 4AM they made me breakfast before. Hostel is located near the main center but since there are so many little streets it may be hard to find. Place is small and homey, I think having 1 or 2 more showers&toilets would be helpful given the amount of rooms they have.”

M Montreal

Montreal, Canada

There's a cool little bar in the basement with regular events held there. Go! They're tons of fun! The hostel is very clean; the staff make an apparent effort to uphold the appearance and it pays off, especially during the winter. They even came and changed our shower towels. Right next to one of the central metro stops in Montreal. What they could do is write the directions better, as it can be confusing for travelers who aren't used to the 10-exits-per-subway-station shenanigans.

Planet Traveler

Toronto, Canada

Honestly some of the coolest staff I've come across. The owner threw a nice Xmas party with actual nice food! Rooftop bar is cool (literally, it was cold up there) but there is an indoor section. The lobby has a modern yet cozy vibe to it. It all comes together very well to make you feel at ease.

Heater did not work the night I stayed there, it was cold. Serious lack of restrooms and showers. Although there wasn't too many people when I stayed there, it could easily become a problem during peak seasons. There are many bars conveniently located nearby. There is a shuttle that passes by that will take you to points of interest, which is good because there is no free parking around.

Avenues Hostel

Salt Lake City, USA

Not the best experience. Breakfast included is bread and cereal. Hostel accepts cash only. When asked if I can go to an ATM and pay with cash later, the staff who checked me in simply replied no. Many long-term residents, some with dubious character, (read: homeless). Room was somewhat clean but everything in it was simply very old. Seems like not much thought was put into making the place feel welcome. Location was nice though, close to major attractions and nice cafes.

Thank you for the review for our hostel. We are sorry that your stay was not satisfactory. 1). we do accept Credit cards 2).Our breakfast includes eggs, coffee, milk, cereal, bread peanut butter and jam. For only $18/night, we provide a lot of services, free WIFI, free parking. Big screen TV in the lobby. We actually have some one in the office helping our guests. 3).Our location is great and our rooms are clean. We have more than 20 Japanese staying here. 4). New toilets, new mattresses.

Atmosphere is a little bit dead, probably due to the mixture of this being a combination of hostel and hotel rooms. There is a bar downstairs but patrons are practically non-existent. Staff is excellent and beds comfortable.

myMOjOvie

Vienna, Austria

Fantastic.

Not as nice as Wombat's sister branches in Vienna but it is cheaper. Also has downstairs bar so you can meet lots of people. Staff is great here as well. The neighbor is very tough on noise levels at night so you can't just hang out outside.

myMOjOvie

Vienna, Austria

Best hostel I've stayed at during the trip. Little apartment with no more than 16-17 people in there. Julia is an awesome host. You will feel at home on the first day.

oh what a lovely review. thanks, man! glad you enjoyed it so much. ..but i believe you miscounted a little....it's always only up to 10 people staying in one apartment at a time.. ;) take care, julia

Huge hostel, has a hotel feel to it. You can definitely meet lots of people there as there is a downstairs bar. Each room has its own bathroom, which are cleaned every day. Great location with a big market right underneath.

Has one set of bathrooms per floor. One of the staff wasn't very friendly towards everyone, all the other staff are cool. Low cost hostels for Salzburg especially during peak season. Location is a little bit off the city but is a short walk.

hi there. thanks for the feedback. save travells. :)

Hostel Jacob

Brno, Czech Republic

Really nice hostel to stay in. Plenty of showers, clean facilities and great staff. Brno is pretty small so anywhere in the city would be a good location. Overall I recommend this hostel though.

Thank you for your comment, we are glad that you like our hostel!

Hostel Santini Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

Great location! During my stay there was a heatwave and being in the attic room, it was unbearably hot. Not much to do about it since most hostels in europe don't have air conditioning. Put my clothes on some wooden beams in the room to dry and the beam left huge brown marks on them. Not too many people hang out downstairs, this is a huge hostel with an almost hotel-like feel.

HomePlanet-Hostel

Leipzig, Germany

Not exactly in the city center but close to grocery stores, eating places, and little pubs. However someone did say this is in the trendy district. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The light in the shower didn't work at all during my stay, a minor inconvenience.

The Cat's Pajamas Hostel

Berlin, Germany

The only bad part about the hostel (same with most other hostels in Germany) is that there is no air conditioning in the summer. Beware! Otherwise, I highly recommend this place. Great location, located conveniently next to a supermarket and lots of food as well as the subway station and bus station that goes straight to the airport. Free small breakfast too. Highly recommend!

Grand Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

The place is a bit far from the city, and there's not too much to do immediately near the hostel. The only bad part about the hostel (same with most other hostels in Germany) is that there is no air conditioning in the summer. Beware! Otherwise, I highly recommend this place.

Hi Teddy, sorry about the realy hot weather while your stay in our hostel, but such hot tempreture are not normal for Berlin. If the summer is going o be almost so hot i'm sure we will spend money for air conditioning. Many greatings, Carolin

Osaka Hana Hostel

Osaka, Japan

Great facility. Stayed in a 6 bedroom dorm, the room is very comfortable and clean. Staff was extra helpful. They go the extra mile just to help you out. I've stayed at hostels in Europe, UK, and the US and the Hana hostels chain are the best I've stayed at by far. Hana Osaka, thanks for having us, hope we someday can meet again!

Thank you so much for your stay! You are a super nice guest, so we also had a nice time with you :) We hope to see you again too! Miss you!

Kyoto Hana Hostel

Kyoto, Japan

I've stayed in many different hostels, from america to UK to europe, and this hostel chain (kyoto and osaka and one more I think) has got to be my favorite ones by far. It is very cheap by Japanese standards, seeing how clean it is, its location (very convenient), and its facilities. Staff was AWESOME and very helpful. The demographics of the hostel consists of lots of families and other young travelers. Therefore, it doesn't get too crazy loud, but you can still meet people to party with.

Thank you for your lovely comment! It was great to know that our place could be your favorite. We always want our place to be better one for our guests! We are all looking forward to seeing you i the near future!

Gigi

Cinque Terre, Italy

This place is a cute little apartment with its own sink bathroom and refrigerator...very comfortable to stay in. Be careful when showering, the hot water was very limited to us, we could shower for about 20 minutes at night and it would turn cold after.

Cristina Residences

Rome, Italy

The staff were very helpful. Facilities were immaculate, breakfast delivered and rooms cleaned for us everyday. However, the heater didn't work in our room so it was cold, but the staff delivered us extra blankets right away. Great stay!

Blue

Barcelona, Spain

Hostel is about a 7 minute walk away from station. Thomas, our host, was extremely friendly, gave us very good itinerary suggestions. The floor in on the room is a little bit old and cracked, maybe that's why it seemed dirty. Overall a very comfortable stay, would definitely stay again.

Hostal Rayuela

Madrid, Spain

This is a great little hostel, they don't provide breakfast but the rooms and bathrooms are very clean! Only inconvenience is that the staff didn't speak English, other than that all was good!

Central Backpackers

Oxford, England

Noise was a bit loud outside on the evenings, other than that everything was pretty good. Would stay here again

Everton Hostel

Liverpool, England

Darren and Curtis were awesome staff! Super friendly, the rooms are clean. In my 6 bed dorm there were 2 couches, sink, its own bathroom, computer and even laundry machine. Very clean also. I would definitely stay here again.

Torquay Hostel

Stains on the ground, bathroom felt gross, woke up with bug bites, heater didn't work well.

Gardet Bed & Breakfast

Stockholm, Sweden

To be honest, we didn't end up staying here because we missed the check in time by a good 4 hours or so. The owner gave away the spot, but recommended us another hostel nearby which was good. He also dropped off a refund, so cool guy.

Connect Hotel Skavsta

Nykoping, Sweden

Booked the sleep and go package. It's actually a hotel, so everything was kept very nicely. The room was small, but bottom bunk had a big and comfortable bed. Amenities it came with such as towels and a nice breakfast made it well worth it. A bit far from the nearest town Nykoping, but good if you just want somewhere nice but cheap to rest.

High Street Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Simple hostel, friendly staff, cool people staying. Beds were comfortable, kitchen and lounge areas are spacious. Wouldn't mind staying here again.