Hostel Baccarat

Nice, France

Awesome hostel. Only stayed for one night, but I could tell it's a really fun environment. Stayed in a double room with its own bathroom, which was clean and pleasant. There was a lift for luggage, which was a plus. Also, easy walking distance from the old part of Nice as well as being right across from the main train station.

Phoenix Hostel

Stayed in a ten bed mixed dorm. Good location right next to Edgware Rd station; cheap breakfast which was nice, and free wifi. Rooms were creaky and there weren't enough plugs. Fine in every way, but tiny and not as nice as some of the YHA hostels in London.

El Granado

Granada, Spain

A fantastic hostel. A friend and I stayed in a twin room and shared a bathroom, but we had two to choose from and so never had to wait in line. Not right in the center of the tourist streets, but totally in the center of the city and within a five min walk from anywhere you might want to go (i.e. cathedral, Albaizin, Calle Elvira, Realejo, etc). Very safe location. Also extremely friendly staff who sat down with us at the beginning and showed us a map on the city and gave us some recommendations

YHA York

York, England

Very pleasant YHA experience. They were willing to hold my bags after I checked out, and the place was pleasant to be. About a twenty minute walk from the city centre. Also they had some issues with the fire alarm so it went off every night, which was a bit of a pain. Stayed in an 8-women dorm room. Smelled a bit like feet. Otherwise completely pleasant.