Reviews: AJ238

Location: Australia, Gender: Male, Age: 28

Final Destination Hostel

St Petersburg, Russia

I would have left this hostel after the first night, except I'd paid for 4 nights on arrival. No lockers or anywhere secure to put belongings. Refused to register my visa. 1 shower and 1 toilet for the whole hostel. Noise all night, guests, staff and the constant doorbell as nobody is allowed keys.

• 26th Jun 2014

MEININGER Brussels City Center

Brussels, Belgium

Good, clean hostel with friendly staff. It's huge! Don't think I've ever seen such a big hostel, but didn't feel overly busy all the time. Good bar, but very over priced for drinks. Wifi works everywhere. It's a green building, so doesn't have aircon, instead has an economic ventilation system. It felt a bit warm for my liking, but not too bad.

• 10th Jun 2014

• 16th Apr 2013

Cadiz Inn Backpackers

Cadiz, Spain

Possibly the best hostel I've stayed in! Great atmosphere, and the staff are awesome people, and great to chill out with over a few drinks on the brilliant roof terrace - complete with hammock. WiFi works everywhere in the hostel, plenty of power sockets in the rooms and common areas. Fully equipped kitchen, breakfast included. Some cool activities to get involved in if you're interested as well. Booked two nights, but ended up staying 6 - just wish I could stay longer! :)

• 10th Apr 2013

• 29th Mar 2013

• 24th Mar 2013

Hostal Berlin

Marbella, Spain

I stayed in a single room, it was basic but very comfortable, clean and secure. Very good for this price range. I will stay again

• 21st Mar 2013
  • Globetrotter

A great hostel in a great area, close to everything. Good lockers under the beds, cool common area that even had a live band playing on Friday night. Couldn't access all the power sockets in the room as the bed was in the way which was annoying, but apart from that loved my time there.

• 1st Mar 2013

Las Musas Hostel

Madrid, Spain

My bed made loud noises whenever I moved, which made it hard to get a decent night's sleep. Lockers in rooms, but too small to get my pack in, but could get valuables locked away at least. Staff were friendly, good common area and kitchen. Very close to the centre of town and easy to get to.

• 22nd Feb 2013

Samay Hostel Sevilla

Seville, Spain

Main thing this hostel is missing is lockers in the rooms! They have safes, but most didnt seem to work, and they're not even big enough to fit a laptop in anyway. Apart from that, a good hostel.

• 18th Feb 2013

Hotel Morales

Ronda, Spain

Great for the price - I had a single private room for only a few Euro more than I paid for a dorm in other Spanish cities.

• 17th Feb 2013
  • Globetrotter

A great hostel! Clean, secure, lockers, WiFi works in the bedrooms. Walking tours and pub crawls are great, I highly recommend them - enjoyable and great value for money. If I'm back in Malaga, I will definitely stay at this hostel again :)

• 13th Feb 2013

St Christopher's Edinburgh

Edinburgh, Scotland

A good hostel, very central - next to main train station and airport buses. I was in a 10 bed dorm which had its own bathroom that was cleaned daily. Security cages under the bed which were great. Friendly staff, a bar with great food downstairs, entertainment every night - but the noise did not carry up to my dorm.

• 19th Jan 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thank-you for taking the time to review! Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon! Happy Travels :)

Aviemore Youth Hostel

Aviemore, Scotland

A huge hostel, so plenty of people to meet. Room was nice, bathroom wasnt so good - shower was cold (which was not pleasant on a snowy morning!) and smelt bad. Very beautiful area though and staff were friendly.

• 17th Jan 2013

Broadford Backpackers Hostel

Isle of Skye, Scotland

A really nice hostel, friendly staff and two big common areas - one more of a dining room and one is more of a lounge room. Clothes washer AND dryer which was really useful since I was only there for 1 night and had a pack full of dirty clothes. The lady on reception was kind enough to help with the washing - kept an eye on it and moved it from the washer to dryer when it was ready, and I just picked it up later.

• 16th Jan 2013

Hotel de Flore

Paris, France

Quite nice, and pretty close to Gare du Nord station. Would be happy to stay here again.

• 17th Nov 2012

NosDa Studio Hostel

Cardiff, Wales

Noisiest hostel in the world. Do not stay here if you want to sleep! Poorly designed with heaps of loud banging doors through corridors and wooden floors and stairs making every footstep echo through the building. On top of that, people running, yelling and slamming doors right through the night and staff not stopping them. No lockers in the rooms, no food or drink allowed in the rooms, bathroom freezing cold and not clean. Nice common area / tv room and very nice breakfast though

• 19th Oct 2012

Chicca Rooms

Rome, Italy

Very friendly staff who are VERY eager to please. We were in a room on the floor above reception and the WiFi didnt reach up there, but some rooms would have it. AirCon was great, bar fridge in our room, and a basic breakfast each morning was included. Shower didnt drain properly, and bathroom was small, but apart from that a great place - close to Termini station, Metro out the front and not too far walk to the centre of town either.

• 9th Aug 2012

Villa Banana

Dubrovnik, Croatia

This hostel has some great potential, but is in need of a bit of work as it rough around the edges. Staff are friendly and helpful, picked us up from the bus stop for free and dropped us to ferry terminal for 50 kuna Easy walk to the centre old town in about 15 mins downhill, walk back up the hill is a killer, but only 70 kuna for a taxi. AMAZING views of the ocean from our room - the advantage to being at the top of the hill

• 2nd Aug 2012

Barbara Apartment

Split, Croatia

The room was double booked and she was not there to meet us. No reception, so had to call her to find out what was going on. She insisted we were due to arrive the next day, even though I had a confirmation email showing the dates I booked. We had to find somewhere else to stay for the first night, then moved here the next night for 2 nights. She charged us two nights full accommodation, and later I remembered that I'd already paid a $30 deposit. She hasnt responded to my email regarding this.

• 24th Jul 2012

Hostel Magaza

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Difficult to find as it's not a well known place, and is on a small street. Very close to the main "pigeon square" - only a few metres away. Very friendly and helpful staff. WiFi didnt work well in our room, but was fine in the common area. Ended up staying here again a few days later for an additional night as we had a stop over between buses.

• 17th Jul 2012

Jajce Youth Hostel

Jajce, Bosnia And Herzegovina

• 15th Jul 2012

Funk Lounge

Zagreb, Croatia

Not as much character as other places I've stayed. Had free WiFi, but it didn't work in my room so had to sit in the hallway Bathroom floor was dirty. Still quite a good hostel, cafe down stairs does good breakfast for cheap

• 10th Jul 2012

Utopia Guesthouse

Kampot, Cambodia

This place is like a resort for those you can't / don't want to spend that much! The room is basic, cold shower, no tv etc - but the rest makes up for it! Right on the river/lake... I woke up to see sunrise over the forest and water without even having to get out of bed. Decent breakfast there, drinks in their open air common area. I really enjoyed and would return.

• 26th Oct 2011

Me Mates Place

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Booked a double room, but when we got there they said they were painting that room so had to put us in a dorm. When I said it was unacceptable they took us to another hotel a few doors down that they said had the same owner. They also didn't have a double available, but had a 4 bed dorm that they gave to just me and my partner. Staff had very little English and struggled to book a bus for me, even though everywhere else I stayed in Cambodia had no issues with this.

• 24th Oct 2011

Asia Hotel Battambang

Battambang, Cambodia

Very central - opposite the bus stop and close to everything in town. Friendly staff to helped us organise a tuk tuk driver for the day to show us around. They also told us about a concert at a local orphanage that was the highlight of our trip!

• 22nd Oct 2011

Angkor Wonder Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Vy Khanh Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

I would definitley stay at Vy Khanh Hostel again. Vy is lovely, and very informative - she gave us a map and talked us through the highlights of the city on our first day. The room was clean and comfortable, with cheap mini bar and good aircon. We organised a 2 day bus & boat trip from Saigon to Phnom Penh via the Mekong River with Vy's healp and it was an awesome trip that I recommend!

• 14th Oct 2011
  • Globetrotter

Dear Guests, Thank you very much for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again and, hopefully, to get a higher ratings from you. ;-) Best regards, Your Vy Khanh Guesthouse ;-) (Ms Vy)