Location USA, Gender Female, Age 27

Flying Pig Downtown, Amsterdam, Netherlands
8.0
14th May 2013

I hate those wire-cage-under-the-bed-lockers. Other than that, its a good hostel. Nice breakfast, great couches and movie selection :)

Grand Hostel Berlin, Berlin, Germany
14th May 2013

Beautiful, comfy, spacious rooms. Amazingly friendly and helpful staff. The best welcome I've experienced anywhere! And Wifi in the dorm rooms! The bar and common area was a bit quiet though, but there's plenty of fun to be had out in the city :)

5.7
11th May 2013

Their motto is sleep easy...WRONG! I was abruptly awoken at 3:00am by a receptionist demanding to see my check-in slip because he thought (mistakenly) that I was in the wrong bed. Plus he turned on all the lights in the dorm where 10 other people were sleeping. What kind of customer-care is that?!? And those horrible wire cage lockers under the beds are the worst, btw.

Kabul Party Hostel Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
6.3
24th Apr 2013

A bit commercial and the location is overwhelmingly touristy, but it's a fun place for a party stop

Lusaka Backpackers, Lusaka, Zambia
6.9
23rd Jan 2013

A good place to stay in Lusaka, with a clean pool and usually busy bar, and good food.

thanks for the comments. glad you enjoyed your stay

Brown Sugar Backpackers, Johannesburg, South Africa
21st Jan 2013

Good place to crash and helpful staff...plus breakfast included!

The Backpack Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
12th Jan 2013

My second stay at The Backpack was just as fun as my first! On both visits I've found an incredible community of travelers, vacationers, and the hostel employees. I can't recommend this place strongly enough! LOVE IT!

Mossel Bay Backpackers, Mossel Bay, South Africa
24th Nov 2012

A great place to relax and chill out. The owner was incredibly helpful with booking hostels and activities! It's a beautiful spot!

The Backpack Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
18th Nov 2012

This hostel is amazing!!! The staff were wonderful and made a real effort to make sure everyone had a great time. The location and facilities are great too, and excellent breakfast. Shout out to Eleni, Prudence, and Lucas for making my week in Cape Town the BEST EVER

Bahaus Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
13th Nov 2012

Fantastic!!! The staff, especially Sakir and Tugi, are amazing! My first day here was my birthday, so they threw me a party and even got me a cake! They really know how to create a friendly, fun, hostel atmosphere. Plus, the hostel is super close to all the good sights. We had a wonderful stay. Thank you so much!!!

Corinne Hostel, Eilat, Israel
2.9
7th Nov 2012

Possibly the worst hostel I've ever stayed at. The atmosphere is dismal and David the owner is purposefully unhelpful and abrasively rude. There are lockers advertised but they are incredibly inconvenient and there's only one room key per room (which is why we wanted a locker in the first place, since I had cash stolen from my bag in the room on the first night). Not to mention, the shower flooded our whole room and the hallway, and the beds are tiny with thin mattresses. Avoid at all costs!

Nobody came to report that there was a clog in the shower drain until the staff discovered it the next day. You also came to the desk saying that you think that you left 100 shekels on the bed and now it's gone. Okay..... Lockers keys stay at the desk - that is our rule. I know that you wanted to bring a guy into the girl's dorm for a visit,and we wouldn't allow it. So, saying "no you can't" to people usually causes them to call us all sorts of things.