Closer to a hotel than hostel in facilities other than the bedrooms and dorms - bar and kitchen great! Wish there had been wifi elsewhere, though - was frustrating and time-sharing the few powerpoints with a couple dozen others. Would be worth investing in proper doors for showers to replace curtains, though - the bathroom floor was constantly covered in water. Location was GREAT for access to the Underground; but didn't spend much time wandering around the local area - seemed a bit dodgy.

St Christopher's Edinburgh

Edinburgh, Scotland

Awesome location, over the road from Waverley Station, and so easy to walk into town! I found Wifi very unreliable, though, and staff were rather hostile and unhelpful with this. But the lady from Holland is lovely!

Thanks for taking the time to review our hostel. The WIFI issue is something that we are very aware of and are trying have it upgraded and extended throughout the hostel. We are having to overcome being in such an old building with thick walls and this is proving more tricky than we expected. We hope to have this remedied sooner rather than later. Safe Travels St Christopher's Staff.

Budget Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Great bar set up, that's the important thing! Bathrooms could have been cleaned a bit more regularly - they were pretty stuffy and pongy the few times I used them. Staff really willing to help and advise - the free walking tour was great!

High Street Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Loved my one night stay, wish there was room for me to have stayed longer - unavailability a credit to the staff's friendly disposition, upkeep of the facilities and the brilliant position that the hostel is located in.

Jacobs Inn

Dublin, Ireland

Lovely staff, cool set-up

Cool comments. Lovely guests !

Patio Hostel

Bratislava, Slovakia

Pretty okay for a quick stay, really. Bathroom sink was clogged when I arrived, and showers very grimy, which gave an average first impression. The horrible door to my dorm room was so difficult to open, lock and actual door needs some serious repairs - looked pretty dodgy with the staples holding the linoleum on it! Woke all the people next door up trying to unlock it. Easy to get to from airport, though - but would not want to pay any more than I did for the service and facilities.

Czech Inn

Prague, Czech Republic

Very modern, more like a hotel than a hostel aesthetically. Cool area, too - very "boho", worth having an explore. Receptionists all very warm and happy to make recommendations. My only slight beefs are: 1) the top bunks - they're higher than your average bunk, and the design of the ladders makes them quite inconveniently placed and uncomfortable to climb up :s 2) the automatically turning on bathroom lights - they sometimes automatically turn off, whilst in the shower or toilet! So modern!

• 1st Jul 2013

Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna

Vienna, Austria

Really chilled vibes, the place was perfectly located and atmosphered for our one-night transit stay...made us wish we were there for longer to enjoy the serenity and peace of the beautiful courtyard, and get to know people by the piano. Would return for sure!

• 30th Jun 2013

Wombats City Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

Loved my stay, great ambience, excellent location, friendly staff, fantastic value beds - the only slight irk was the dryers not working very well, and having to queue for so long to use both them and the washing machines, but honestly, nine and half out of ten!

Hotel Giotto

Florence, Italy

Extremely friendly and willing-to-help staff; brilliant location, all monuments, touristic and eating venues easily accessible; flying solo for only three days in a city with so much to see and do, I didn't come to Hotel Giotto for the party atmosphere, which is fairly absent here, so staying by myself here suited me fine, but maybe isn't to a mediumish young group of stayers. Thanks for the warm reception!

thanks for the comment. when he returns to Italy we hope to meet again