Budget Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Very friendly and funny staff! As usually at youth hostels the showers could be a little more cleaner.

• 17th Feb 2014

Queens Park Budget Hotel

Glasgow, Scotland

Because of the bad reviews I cancled my reservation and checked in at "The Albion", what I can really recommend!

• 15th Feb 2014

Hoax Hostel

Liverpool, England

This was the cleanest hostel I have ever been to! Beds were comfortable, big lockers for all your stuff. Cheap but good breakfast in the bar. No real common room, the kitchen was in the basement and just functional. Located directly at the city center!

• 12th Feb 2014

Igloo Backpackers Hostel

Nottingham, England

The Igloo is very good for travelers with low budget. And for people who are used to "alternative lifestyle". In my opinion it is more a place for one or two nights - not more. The rooms are simple. Actually our room (6-bed female dorm) did not look like a bedroom, because of the doors on two sites of the room and because of the narrow walls, it used to be a corridor. The lounge-room is also small but cozy. Staff is very friendly. The bathrooms could be cleaner. Location is very good.

• 11th Feb 2014

Don't know why,but I had a picture of a shady urban quarter in my mind,when I heard "Docklands".Totally wrong.This is such a nice place to be!The bar is cool,the lobby is cozy, room, bed and bathroom were clean. Unfortunatly the shower in the bathroom didn't work. It's very close to the Themse. Not far there is a stair tower, you can go down there an then walk under the Themse over to Greenwich, which is so picturesque!You need to change trains at Canary Wharf,it's a little bit confusing there!

• 3rd Jun 2013

The Monkeys in the Trees

This is difficult to describe. The staff was very friendly, the lobby was very cozy, breakfast was good. But the floor, the toilets, facilites and bedroom were really dirty. Behind my bed was so much dust, you could have plant carotts in it. There was mildew all over the shower. No place to put your toothbrush or soap or towel while you clean yourself. No dustbins in the bathroom. No mirrow in the bedroom. The mattress was the most uncomfortable thing I ever tried to sleep on.

• 31st May 2013

Thank you for your feedback. The mattresses in the room you were in have been replaced since your visit. We clean the hostel facilities at least once a day and none of our showers have mildew all over them. We would also expect that if there was "enough dust to grow carrots" that you would let us know at reception during your stay, we have checked after your review and could not find a dust patch. Each bathroom has hooks for towels/clothes and enough space for belonging and a mirror.

High Street Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Stuff extremly friendly! Building because of the historic background very impressive. Rooms ok, beds not so comfortable, floor a little bit dirty. At nights very noisy, because of other visitors and thin walls. Very strange smell in the room, maybe some kind of desinfection? It was so strong, it nauseates me. Two cosy habitable rooms for chilling. All in all you get what you paid for. For someone who only wants to have a safe and warm place to sleep while on a sightseeing trip it is perfect!

• 2nd Nov 2012

I stayed in a dormitory with a few other girls for 2 nights. For this short time it is really ok to sleep there. If you want to stay longer, than I would prefer a private room for more comfortability. I must confess that first I was shocked, because the room was really in the last corner underneath the roof, I thought I am standing in the broom closet. But it turned out to be a very good thing. the toiletts and bathroom were quite clean, the breakfast good, the price was cheep...recommendable!

• 21st Oct 2011