Reviews: martingilbert7642

Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 40

The rooms here surpass the pictures. Bright, clean, airy and great space. I loved the wet room with privacy glass. Still haven't become used to the glass bathrooms in China, so these frosted glass rooms were a gentle relief. Location is great, everything is on the doorstep. The better priced shops are nearer the Hostel, and everyone loves the Giant Birdcage outside shower!! Staff were cool, most obvious stuff was free but a shame the pool table had complicated charges. Overall brilliant!

• 17th May 2014

Totally loved the friendly atmosphere of this place! I'm sure it's rocking in the height of the season but at least we could have free reign of the free pool, pretty much had the 4th floor outside area to ourselves. The area up there is super chilled. No issues when there, needed some bags, just asked. Simple and fast. Information on excursions is very up to date on the front desk, with some of the better prices I've seen in GuiLin and Yangshou. But no one was pushing.

• 11th May 2014

Green Forest Hostel

Guilin, China

This review is for my 2nd stay in the Green Forest Hostel (formally How!) but is not my last. In fact it feels like my 4th stay as I've directed friends to stay here too. Simply put, if you're staying in GuiLin, stay here. Sure, reading the other other reviews I can see that the place needs a re-fresh. I can agree with that. Having spent a night in the Nanning branch the owners would agree too I'm sure. Great place, and I'll be back again just as soon as I can.

• 7th Oct 2012

We stayed here for 5 days to take a break from the madness of the Holidays. To get the negatives out of the way we had two problems, which is really good. Firstly the WiFi dropped out completely in the room on a few occasions and the staff couldn't give a reason why. It seemed that they turned it off to encourage people to gather in the public areas as it still worked there. Secondly the room wasn't cleaned, nor were fresh towels provided in the 5 days we were there. A good hour from Yangshou.

• 3rd Oct 2012

Hi, Thanks for your review. Hope the wifi problem did not bother too much. Actually, we did tell you that the wifi is not working in some rooms .We don't put the router on 3rd floor, hoping that more guests could gather in the lobby, rooftop or the cafe, or just go and hang out in the nature. As to the cleanning, usually we don't enter the room during your stay before you ask or put the "room need cleanning" board on the door-handler, adding you told us that you didn't want to be bothered when we were going to check the lights(sorry for the problem also). We appreaciate your feedback and we will still keep an eye on the rooms being used for more than two days.

Guilin Riverside Hostel

Guilin, China

On arrival we were shown to the room only to find other peoples belongings in there. We were asked to wait as they were removed from the room. They included footware, which left a bad smell even after removal. This made me concerned to the degree that every sound woke me as I feared the owners of the belongings would return for them. So, no sleep. Also, I booked a twin room, not a bunk bed. The room was too small for two people sharing, but ok for a single or couple. All the twins are bunks.

• 2nd Oct 2012
  • All Male Group, 31-40

1st thing that hits you as you walk in is the smile! The lad behind the counter (so much easier to talk to a man about stuff, it's usually girls) was fantastic! The online directions were great, we got there really easily. Fantastic location with the city on the doorstep. Rooms, and entire establishment were spotless and new! Tips: Put a drying line in, the rail is too big. Fit the shower on the side, so it sprays out against the wall and not flood the room. lol. Best place in Nanning!

• 28th Sep 2012

Hi, Thanks for choosing us and give us the nice feed back, Your suggestions are very important to us. I will talk to my boss about it . Happy travels !

Wada Hostel in Guilin

Guilin, China

Fantastic stay, please send many praises to all who work there. The girls at the front desk were brilliant, the coffee was great and the food was wonderful. Please note that whilst I was there I could log on to Facebook. I couldn't do this anywhere else I stayed. Please promote this more!!!!! This is a fantastic advantage over other Hostels! And also put details on using the local buses to get in to Guilin in the front lobby, that would be very helpful. Fantastic place you have, thank you.

• 26th Sep 2012

Green Forest Hostel

Guilin, China

The people here are so very friendly and helpful. In the previous reviews it was said that the beds were very hard, not now, the beds had memory foam mattress toppers!!! By far the best nights sleep! The Location, so quiet at night! Backing on to a part of the river that can be crossed on foot, so no boat traffic either. Wow! A great nights sleep, thank you so much! The place is spotlessly clean, with a free Laundry service every Tuesday. The staff are tripping over themselves to help!! 5 Stars!

• 24th Sep 2011