Location: USA,

Urban Hideaway Guesthouse

Vancouver, Canada

Ken and Janice were wonderful!! They and their home was warm and welcoming. If you're looking for a quiet peaceful place to enjoy Vancouver, I can't think of a better place.

Mama Simona Hostel

Cusco, Peru

We really enjoyed our time at Mama Simona! We stayed in another, less expensive hostel in Cuzco and hated it. Mama Simona is absolutely worth the extra few dollars, euros, etc. The staff was extremely helpful and nice, facilities were warm and clean, and the overall peacefulness was very much appreciated. Would definitely stay here again.

• 15th Feb 2013

The hostel was dark and damp.... We could never get warm. Also, had electronics stolen right out of my bag while I sleeping in the bag right next to it... Woke up and the cleaning ladies had moved all of my stuff across he room and I had a bag missing... Bummer.

Thank you for your comment. Pirwa Colonial Backpackers is going into partial renovations from Feb 25 thru Mar 20, so hopefully there won't be any other passengers that had your problem with feeling cold. Although your comment was posted anonymously, we believe that we know who you are, and that your bag was not stolen, but rather left behind. An Argentinean guest later reported the following bag found in one of the beds: small red backpack, with pills, 2 camera memories, a NIKON charger, batteries, some sort of control, and a small speaker. It is at reception at this moment. We hope that you are still in the area, and apologize if we did not contact you in time, but because you did not speak to reception about missing or lost items when you returned to the hostel after checking out in order to claim your other bag from the storage room, they could not know to return it to you. If the bag described sounds like yours (or even if it doesn't) please contact our reservations department at the same email from which you received your confirmation and we can get everything sorted out.

Golondrinas Hostel

Iquitos, Peru

The staff was really helpful and nice. No breakfast or coffee in the morning. The walk to the main square only takes 10 minutes.

• 19th Jan 2013

Alegria's Hostel

Bogota, Colombia

We really enjoyed our stay at Alegrias! The hostel is in a what we considered to be the best part of Bogota. We stayed in the private room, which has a great view of the city. The staff was very nice and helpful, but some spoke very little English. I would highly recommend staying here.