Aite Cruinnichidh

Fort William, Scotland

If you're traveling by car through the Highlands this is a great place to have as a "home base," although I wouldn't recommend it for those without a car. Wifi didn't work, but you're supposed to be enjoying the scenery outside anyway.

Twin private was very sparse. On-site staff was nearly non-existent, and when there was someone the staff wasn't particularly helpful or friendly.

Its hostel type accommodation so rooms are basically furnished. It does state on our profile that we don't have staff on duty 24/7. We only have a part time staff member that looks after the property in case of any emergency. If any guests need any help they just have to call me the owner and im only normaly 10 mins away so I usually come down or i can discuss anything over the phone if there are any queries.

Cordoba Bed and Be

Cordoba, Spain

Great place! The location is perfect for experiencing both the modern side and touristy side of Córdoba. It's worth paying a little more to stay at this place!

Istanbul Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Only real complaint about this place is that there were no lockers in the 20+ person dorm and no way to lock the door. That said, we had no problems leaving our bags etc in that room.

Emre Cave House

Goreme, Turkey

This definitely is a "get what you pay for" kind of place, which didn't end up being much. We stayed in one of the dorm rooms and it definitely wasn't what we thought "cave room" would be like. More than anything though, the room and shared bathrooms were not very clean. As far as security, there are no lockers or even locks on the doors and staff wasn't often difficult to locate.

The Cathedral Hostel

Murcia, Spain

Hostel Grand Place

Brussels, Belgium

Big Fish Budapest Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Pension Stella

Santorini, Greece

Pension Stella is a great place to stay on the island and I would highly recommend it to anyone planning a visit. Wonderful, comfortable rooms. The central location, very close to the main town Fira, was ideal for exploring all parts of the island. That said, it was still quiet and very safe. George and Stella are great people who go above and beyond to help you and make you feel at home in Santorini. When my friend left her camera behind, George happily mailed it to Athens for her!

Art Hole Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

Great hostel! The wifi works great on both floors, the breakfast was good, and they offer a selection of Czech movies to watch if you're interested.

Funky Cordoba

Cordoba, Spain

Las Musas Hostel

Madrid, Spain

The internet would have to be my biggest complaint. Although the hostel boasted free wifi in the common area, it was very spotty especially during peak hours.