Funky Cordoba

Cordoba, Spain

This place could really use to install lockers in the rooms, or somewhere in the hostel. Otherwise, it's great for short stays. The location is ideal and the rooftop terrace is nice.

Euro Youth Hostel

Munich, Germany

I was only there for a night in the dorm room but this place had a nice set up! Plus the front desk staff were especially friendly. Only missing free breakfast, otherwise it would be ideal.

The 4You Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

Highlights: great free breakfast, place for storage inside the rooms, personal light for every bed. Hot water in showers and clean bathrooms. Nothing special about this hostel but it gets the job done.

Jacobs Inn

Dublin, Ireland

During our stay at Jacobs Inn there was a mix-up about what bed I was assigned in the 6-bed dorm. In short, a member of the staff accidentally booked two of us (not traveling together) to the same bed. People make mistakes so that wasn't the problem. The problem arose when two members of the staff came up stairs to deal with the situation. Both were unprofessional, especially one who was antagonizing and argumentative towards another guest instead of simply fixing the relatively small problem.

• 5th Jan 2015

I am so sorry to hear that - we will look into this and discuss with the staff on duty.

Aite Cruinnichidh

Fort William, Scotland

If you're traveling by car through the Highlands this is a great place to have as a "home base," although I wouldn't recommend it for those without a car. Wifi didn't work, but you're supposed to be enjoying the scenery outside anyway.

Twin private was very sparse. On-site staff was nearly non-existent, and when there was someone the staff wasn't particularly helpful or friendly.

Its hostel type accommodation so rooms are basically furnished. It does state on our profile that we don't have staff on duty 24/7. We only have a part time staff member that looks after the property in case of any emergency. If any guests need any help they just have to call me the owner and im only normaly 10 mins away so I usually come down or i can discuss anything over the phone if there are any queries.

Cordoba Bed and Be

Cordoba, Spain

Great place! The location is perfect for experiencing both the modern side and touristy side of Córdoba. It's worth paying a little more to stay at this place!

Istanbul Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Only real complaint about this place is that there were no lockers in the 20+ person dorm and no way to lock the door. That said, we had no problems leaving our bags etc in that room.

Emre Cave House

Goreme, Turkey

This definitely is a "get what you pay for" kind of place, which didn't end up being much. We stayed in one of the dorm rooms and it definitely wasn't what we thought "cave room" would be like. More than anything though, the room and shared bathrooms were not very clean. As far as security, there are no lockers or even locks on the doors and staff wasn't often difficult to locate.

The Cathedral Hostel

Murcia, Spain

Brussels Hostel Grand Place

Brussels, Belgium

Big Fish Budapest Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Pension Stella

Santorini, Greece

Pension Stella is a great place to stay on the island and I would highly recommend it to anyone planning a visit. Wonderful, comfortable rooms. The central location, very close to the main town Fira, was ideal for exploring all parts of the island. That said, it was still quiet and very safe. George and Stella are great people who go above and beyond to help you and make you feel at home in Santorini. When my friend left her camera behind, George happily mailed it to Athens for her!

Art Hole Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

Great hostel! The wifi works great on both floors, the breakfast was good, and they offer a selection of Czech movies to watch if you're interested.

Funky Cordoba

Las Musas Hostel

Madrid, Spain

The internet would have to be my biggest complaint. Although the hostel boasted free wifi in the common area, it was very spotty especially during peak hours.