Location: Australia, Age: 33

Brussels 2GO4 Quality Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

I enjoyed my stay here, and I would happily stay there again. It was good value in a very good location. Unfortunately there was a shortage of duvets and pillows in the room. I'm sure the staff would have helped me out had I asked, but it would be much better if the stuff was already in the room. The staff at the front desk were very helpful. Also, the directions on hostel world to get to the hostel from Brussels North station are very poor. The English is not easily understandable at all.

• 30th Sep 2013

Generator Hostel Hamburg

Hamburg, Germany

For 12 euro for one night, in the the centre of hamburg. how can you go wrong? Clean, secure, no worries. Yep, the ensuite showers are tiny, but I will happily stay here again and again. I have already come back. I haven't been staying here for the full backpacker experience, more just overnighting when I need to in Hamburg, but if the right opportunity arises I look forward to experiencing more of what the hostel has to offer.

• 28th Apr 2013

Rivertime Ecolodge Resort

Vientiane, Laos

I loved my stay here. The place is dirt cheap, and great atmosphere. After being in Bangkok & Vientiane it was awesome to get away from the hustle and bustle, with a few beers at the floating restaurant, as well as a swim in the river and a Lao massage. I had a great night with Barnaby, Barbara & Simon at the floating restaurant, and really enjoyed by village tour with Sit. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I wish I had more time to stay much longer.

• 13th Mar 2013

@Hua Lamphong

Bangkok, Thailand

@Hua Lampong is a great place to stay. Not real close to the action, but very easy access to transport - especially the airport. I'd stay here any day over Khao San road. I arrived at the hostel just after 7am, and within about 10mins I was able to check in to my room, at no extra charge. The staff were very helpful, If I'm in Bangkok again I would happily stay here again. Thank-you!!

• 11th Mar 2013

Sailship Soeverein

Amsterdam, Netherlands

We enjoyed our one night stay on the ship a lot. The breakfast was great, the host Gerard was very friendly and hospitable, and the place has character. We booked a double cabin, and so expected a double bed, rather than two single beds. It would have been much better to actually have a double bed, or at least have one of those bed joiner mat things that transforms two single beds in to a double bed. There was no way to lock the door while we were inside the cabin.

• 14th Dec 2012

Diamond Diggers Backpackers

Johannesburg, South Africa

Through this website I thought I booked a bed in a 6 bed mixed dorm. I got an email from the hostel telling me I'd booked a camping spot, although clearly my email from hostel world said 6 bed mixed dorm. Using email, the hostel was painfully slow at responding to any questions I had - especially with regard to airport pickups that I think they used to do.

• 9th Aug 2012

Hi, Should there be confusion as to what you booked, please confirm with Hostelworld as we did and you will find that you booked camping.

Kalulu Backpackers Hostel

Lusaka, Zambia

I enjoyed my stay at Kululu, the airport pickup was very convenient, and the food at the hostel was great also. The hostel is located near to a big shopping centre, internet cafes and the bus station. No complaints at all about this place. I'm not much for staying in cities, but if I have the need to be back in Lusaka I'd happily stay here again.

• 25th Jun 2012

An older place with character, and the beds were quite comfortable. Staff were helpful. walking distance to many places to eat and drink. Very easy access to public transport. If you're after a flash new place this is not the place for you, but if you don't mind an older place with a bit of character and maybe a mouse in the living room you may love this place. Only complaint is the wifi is only in one building, and I think Wifi was a pain, but we had a cool balcony.

• 24th Sep 2011