Reviews: kaitlynntheresa

Location Canada, Gender Female, Age 28

3rd May 2014

A great hostel overall. We had a busy trip so we didn't use the common areas. But the room was clean, quiet and very comfortable. The shower had awesome water pressure, and was very clean. The staff were really helpful and friendly, and spoke great english. The only downside is that the wifi was spotty in the room. The staff said it was working, but we couldn't pick up the signals most of the time. TRAVEL TIP: Get the streetcar pass if you dont already have a JR pass. It'll save you money!

Aille River Hostel, Doolin, Ireland
4th Jun 2013

I loved my stay at Aille River! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the setting was serene and peaceful. The rooms were nice, and my bed was very comfortable! My only suggestions would be that the showers could use some freshening up. They were clean, but they felt a little old and cramped. I would 100% stay here again!

Isaacs Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
1st Jun 2013

Issac's hostel was in a great location, right next to the bus station, and only a 5-10 minute walk from the 'spire' (on the main street). The main lobby was a good place to hang out, but i found there was a lack of any organized activities other than the pub crawl. It would also be nice if there was wi-fi in the rooms, instead of just in the common areas. Staff were very helpful however, with directions and advice. I would stay here again, but only for a night or two.

Thanks for your nice review. We can't have the wifi in the bedrooms unfortunately as people talking on skype or tapping on a keypad might drive other guests crazy in the middle of the night. We also wants our guests to make new friends. Glad you liked the hostel though.

Escape-Cabins, Koh Lanta, Thailand
15th Jul 2012

Escape cabins was the last place i stayed on my 2 month trip, and I couldn't have been happier. Yuko was so welcoming and helped us with everything we could have needed. The cabin was gorgeous, clean, and had beautiful a western bathroom! We visited in low season, so on the rainy days, there was a great selection of movies to watch on our DVD player, as well as a selection of English satellite channels. The pool was beautiful and clean. I want to go back to escape cabins right now!

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
Pak-Up Hostel, Krabi, Thailand
13th Jul 2012

I loved this hostel! The rooms were very clean, and modern. They had THE BEST bathrooms of any hostel I've stayed in, they even had extra shampoo/shower gel if you needed it. The personal lockers under the bunks were large, and the aircon worked well. The guitarist int he rooftop bar did some awesome covers. The only bad experience: I had to leave for a few nights and they said i could leave my stuff locked under the bunk. When I came back they'd cut the lock and replaced it with a new one.

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
Charoendee, Bangkok, Thailand
27th Jun 2012

This place was almost like a boutique hotel. Although there was noise from Koh San, it was set back so it didnt sound like it was right outside your window. Cute simple rooms. small but clean. Staff was efficient. Included breakfast wasn't anything to write home about, but it was nice to have something to eat before you left in the morning. Overall, Good for a night or two off koh san if you're on your way somewhere else!

NapPark Hostel at Khao San, Bangkok, Thailand
21st Dec 2011

This hostel is great. Although some of the large rooms have a lot of beds, you have curtains on every side, so your space actually feels quite private. personal reading lights and power outlets. the staff are really helpful, and the hostel has a lot of events for mingling and playing games. the hostel is close to khao san, but not too close to hear all the noise. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean, and they let me store a bag with them for free for a month or so.

14th Dec 2011

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! There was a great culture, and the staff are young, friendly and welcoming. They have great drink specials, lots of computers (with facebook unlocked), and an awesome lounge with a big screen TV and pool table. Really clean & secure. A lot of ex-pats and backpackers working the tours make them a ton of fun. Go to snake village. And the ha long tour is pricey but completely worth it, make sure you do the second night on castaway island!

Sawasdee Welcome Inn, Bangkok, Thailand
6.9
5th Dec 2011

The hotel was clean, and provided simple breakfast at the restaurant a couple doors down. However they had trouble finding our hostelworld booking. Also, the "triple bed" room was really 3 beds pushed together to make one big bed. On the plus side, there was a place to put your own lock on the room door which made us feel good about the security of the room.

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
Regent Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok, Thailand
8.0
18th Nov 2011

Good hotel, the free shuttle was great, and our room was HUGE. it even had a kitchen type space. Great hotel for airport stop-overs. Not rooming character, but spacious and well run. There's a little cafe too.