I'm a frequent visitor to Traffic Inn Hostel, staying only here when in Chengdu. The location is perfect, the beds are divine, rooms are large & the English-speaking & friendly staff will warmly welcome you. Traffic Inn Hostel is easily & inexpensively reached by metro whether you arrive Chengdu by train at the main railway station or at Chengdu Dong (East) Station. The airport shuttle bus drops you within short walking distance as well. Repeat guests are remembered!

Han Tang House

Xi'an, China

From the time of making a reservation, this hostel is engaged with the traveler. They send excellent pre-arrival info and are efficient at registration. They provide useful maps in English and helpful info re heritage sites. Food is great, although a tad expensive, but this balances out the very affordable room rates, even for private with ensuite bath. Being an older traveler, reception put me in a room on the top floor where it would be more quiet. Special kudos to Michael and Wendy!

Room with private bath was largest of any hostel room I've had on this trip. Value for money was very good. Location on a canal bordering several walking streets was good, although this meant thousands of tourists were on the streets and in local restaurants. Within 1 km of Sanshanjie metro station made movement around the city very easy. Banks, shops, restaurants all nearby. Hostel had no backup for kitchen staff, so no food when staff didn't show for work. Otherwise, this place is fine.

If location is everything, Mingtown SuZhou is it! You'll find yourself on the canal and in close proximity (walking distance) of many picturesque streets and imperial gardens. Plus, their rooms are beautiful (albeit small) and the cafe quite good. The restoration of the buildings was done with love and care. Nearby restaurants are plentiful. Having stayed in many hostels in China, I'd say that this is one of the most beautiful and perfectly situated.

This is the hostel of hostels! Located in the hills south of West Lake and close by some of China's most famous tea fields, you will find a home here. Within one hour of checking in, I decided to extend my stay an additional few days, this due to the lovely setting, the warm welcome by staff, the beauty of the West Lake district and the facilities at the hostel. Special thanks to Stephen and Lei Ming (Monica)!

The location is remote, but I found that in a city of this size and with great metro/rapid rail service, it was indeed better to be in this location. It takes time to get to the CBD, but being in an ancient Ming dynasty town made it worth the extra travel.

Tuyet Mai Hotel

Nha Trang, Vietnam

Location is everything and this place has a great location and is within walking distance of everything -- the beach, many shops, a variety of restaurants, a great cafe for a latte, and several massage venues run by and for the benefit of the blind. The only problem I found was inconsistent hot water over my six night stay. Even when making repeated inquiries, there were more days without hot water than with.

Hanoi Blue Lotus Hotel

Hanoi, Vietnam

The Hanoi Blue Lotus was perfect for my 5 day stay in Ha Noi. From the moment I made the reservation on HostelWorld, I began to receive informative and helpful e-mails from Ms. Kim. She was able to arrange a car for my pick-up at the airport and was also able to arrange onward train tickets. The staff were all friendly, helpful, kind and conversant in English. If location is everything, the Hanoi Blue Lotus is it! Au Trieu Street is a quiet little alley in the Old Quarter. almost like Paris

Asia Hotel Battambang

Battambang, Cambodia

If you're looking for a warm welcome, personal touch, value for money, security, great location, clean rooms and reliable travel services, you won't do better than Asia Hotel in Battambang! I've stayed here several times and will return again. I've traveled extensively in Asia and know that Asia Hotel represents the best of the best.

Unfortunately I had to move to another hostel after one night of a six night reservation because of the hostel's problems with registration for lodging foreigners. Nonetheless, the hostel personally took me to their sister hostel one km away. The room at the sister hostel was not as nice, although I was given a discount.

Han Tang House

Xi'an, China

Staff seemed a little disinterested and "cliquish", bantering among themselves. This is compared to other hostels where I've stayed frequently in China where the staff engages the travelers -- which is more welcoming. Staff didn't multi-task too well and would interrupt what they were doing for one client, taking an inordinate amount of time to complete a task.

As previously experienced, the Traffic Inn Hostel is a home away from home. The staff are extremely pleasant and conversant in English. They're personable and easy to engage in conversation, making it feel as if they're friends. The atmosphere is inviting, comfortable and secure. Rooms are terrific value for money and location is superb. I won't stay anywhere else in Chengdu!

Backstreet Youth Hostel

Guilin, China

This was my 3rd stay at Backstreet, so I'm actually a committed fan! Location is everything (mostly) and this hotel is very conveniently located near food, shopping, entertainment and the beautiful Li River. The atmosphere is beyond friendly and the staff always helpful and cheerful. The lounge is comfortable and brings the diverse group of guests together. There's always a nice mix of Chinese and foreign travelers. Staff offer helpful info about travel in the province and things to see.

Dear, thanks for you choosing us again.you are very friendly.i still remember the words you said when you arrived backstreet."i am strong".do you remember the girl done check in for you.the taller one.that's me. i just tell you my name is acao.you are nice guest, nice man, nice friend.you are handsome and good teacher i think so.by the way, i will keep you email .if you agree with it ,i will send email to you to share my happiness.

Beihai Seahouse Hostel

Beihai, China

This new hostel already ranks very high among recommended hostels in China. The staff -- especially owner/manager Victor -- make your stay special. I was met at the door with smiles. Registration was simple and efficient. I would rank this place at the top for hospitality, location, cleanliness, room size, bathrooms and overall friendliness. Very nice common space, cleanest bathrooms, wi-fi and very high on friendliness and helpfulness. The location in Qiaogang sector is perfect!

Thank you so much for the comment, we're happy to know that you had a good time here, and sorry we didn't reply immediately. Welcome to our hostel next time.

Backstreet Youth Hostel

Guilin, China

Staff well informed, kind, patient and helpful Al, staff spoke English well Common space is comfortable and functional Good wi-fi connection Cat is entertaining Room clean and comfortable with great bed, bathroom

Staff exceptionally friendly and helpful. Guests were noisy until after 1:00 AM in the morning and this disturbed sleep, but I suppose this is normal for travelers.

Hi Sometimes the guests here like drinking some beer in the garden, we put some notice there. Yangtze river hostel team