Chill House, Buenos Aires, Argentina
15th Jun 2013

This is the best hostel I stayed at in South America, 100% because of the outstanding service. The owners of the hostel, Esteban and Antoine, go far above and beyond to make everyone staying at the hostel feel like family. I felt like they went out of their way to make sure everyone had a good time and felt satisfied both with the hostel, and with their stay in Buenos Aires. Would recommend to anyone. Seriously outstanding staff, and also a great atmosphere for meeting people and exploring.

Ecopackers, Cusco, Peru
4th Jun 2013

Biggest issue is by far the lack of heat in the dorms. The rooms were freezing cold, although the place was generally very clean. Only other issue was with the showers, which were lukewarm and at times slightly dirty. No big complaints though--the staff was great, as was the location. Great place for before/after a big trek.

Discovery Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
30th May 2013

I loved this hostel. The staff were super nice, there was always absolutely FANTASTIC Brazilian music playing in the lounge area, the subway was very close, and most importantly, there is an adorable cat that lives in the hostel, named Leite ("milk" in Portuguese! Sah cute). Only complaint is that our room smelled pretty foul, and the three-story bunkbeds are beyond frightening. Aside from that, good value, very accessible, and nice atmosphere for meeting people.

Hostel Manaus, Manaus, Brazil
3.7
26th May 2013

The staff here were unbelievably rude, in addition to the fact that they barely spoke English (which was particularly frustrating when I was sick and needed help). They also tried to swindle us by putting us in a lesser room than what we paid for, and refused to issue a refund for the difference. On top of that, the showers were freezing cold and our room literally smelled like urine. Would never stay here again. Worst hostel I've ever stayed in (though I usually only stay in 80%+rated ones

Bounce Sydney, Sydney, Australia
9th Feb 2013

Really awesome hostel. Fantastic location (convenient to everywhere, but most importantly convenient to adorable Surry Hills!!!), really wonderful staff, comfy beds, big rooms, amazing security (one of the only places I've been in Oz with lockers big enough to fit entire bags), and really lovely common areas. The outside deck is fantastic. And I can't give enough kudos to the travel desk--they helped us book our skydive and BridgeClimb and were so fantastic. Best hostel in Sydney, for sure.

The Northern Greenhouse, Cairns, Australia
3rd Feb 2013

Great value for a super clean and convenient hostel. Wish there was WiFi in the rooms, or at least available in an air conditioned area, but oh well. The pool was amazing, and so was having free breakfast. Great hostel!

Bamber House, Auckland, New Zealand
30th Jan 2013

really cute place with very helpful staff, and a great place to stay if you dont want to be out of the craziness of downtown. Also Mt Eden is just awesome, and it is easily accessible from the hostel. However, the showers smelled a bit mildewy and the beds were extremely creaky. Other than that, great place to stay in Auckland.

Moana Lodge, Porirua, New Zealand
7.1
27th Jan 2013

No lockers of any kind, and a very far drive from Wellington. However, it's on the beach so it is still a nice escape from the city. I would've enjoyed my stay if i hadn't had such an issue with the staff. I can't remember the owner's name, but after we checked out and attempted to ask for help with getting information about Tongariro, he couldn't be bothered to do anything for us. Wouldn't even give us extra WiFi to try to figure it out. Had to spend a fortune on a phone call instead.

Adventure Queenstown Hostel, Queenstown, New Zealand
25th Jan 2013

One of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed at. Excellent location, awesome staff and facilities, comfortable beds, crazy wonderful security, free bikes to borrow--what more could you want?! Would highly recommend this place. All around amazing experience, and very reasonably priced.

Residenza Muropadri, Verona, Italy
2.0
20th Dec 2011

These people are total morons and caused what ended up being the worst day of my life. I received a strange e-mail two days before I arrived in Verona saying "what time you get in because we not always at home." I responded, "please be there at 1:15." Of course, they weren't there. I wasted an hour of my only day in Verona waiting, and they still didn't show up. In fact, after three hours they still didn't show so, with no resources to find another hostel, I had to find a hotel. DON'T STAY HERE

Caledonian Backpackers, Edinburgh, Scotland
4th Dec 2011

This is by far one of the most amazing hostels I have stayed at in 4 months of travelling Europe. Staff is so amazing and helpful, the place is accessible and has so much character, it's convenient, clean, so fun, and the beds are super comfy. I would absolutely recommend this place to everybody--solo travellers and groups. The bar is fabulous and it's just a fantastic place to meet people in an unbelievable city. LOVE.

Makuto Backpackers Hostel, Granada, Spain
18th Nov 2011

The most incredible, generous, friendly and kind staff I have ever encountered. So accommodating, and the hostel was just so fun and unique. A remarkable place for solo travelers, easily accessible to both the city below and to the lovely viewpoints above (and, of course the Alhombra). I wouldn't allow anyone I know to go to Granada and not stay here. Indubitably the hostel was one of the greatest contributing factors of my falling in love with Granada.

7.3
8th Oct 2011

The staff is really sweet and really helpful. However, it is really inconvenient that they don't accept credit cards under 100 euro, they ran out of locks, towels, AND maps while I was there, plus they don't really plan activities like tours or pub crawls. Amazing location though