Location: Brazil, Gender: Female, Age: 31

Mi Casa Hostel Cocles El Tesoro

Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica

Good hostel! Comfortable beds, great outdoor space. There was a mini fridge inside the dorm, so we could store our food. The beach is just across the road and there is a bus stop right in front of the hostel. Staff is really nice and helpful. The only downside I can think of is that the hostel is a little away from the city centre (and 2km from the main bus stop), but you can easily walk or rent a bike. I definitely recommend it!

• 1st Dec 2015

La Choza Inn Hostel

La Fortuna, Costa Rica

Not really a hostel but an excellent Inn. Hot showers and comfortable beds. Great breakfast and good location (only 3 blocks froms the bus terminal). Defenitly recommend. We ended up staying an extra night.

• 29th Nov 2015

Hostel Bekuo San Jose

San Jose, Costa Rica

The hostel is good. The beds are comfortable, security is good and they have a nice common area. Ths staff is nice but be careful when you ask for information or directions there! We asked for directions to a bus terminal and the girl there sent us to the wrong place! Also, the hostel has a blackboard at the reception with bus schedules. Don't trust that board. The schedule for La Fortuna was all wrong and we almost lost our reservation (and our money) because of that and the wrong directions.

• 27th Nov 2015

Surfing Donkey Hostel

San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua

There was no water and no light for 3 days and no one told us that when we arrived! We discovered only a few hours later. They had a generator working under the window of our dorm. The noise was unbearable and the dorm smelled like gas and smoke. We told them we were going to another hostel but they wanted to charge us for the fisrt night. It was only after I told them I have asma that they let us go. Don't go there. There are better hostels in town, cleaner, with water and power.

• 25th Nov 2015

Pura Vida MINI Hostel - Tamarindo

Tamarindo, Costa Rica

Great hostel! We stayed for two nights and I wish we had more time! Staff is super nice, the hostel is very clean and they have a great common area. The only downside that I can think of is that they lock the kitchen at night so you have no access to the stuff you put in the fridge during that period, but that wasn't actually a problem. I Definitely recommend it and wolud stay there again.

• 21st Nov 2015

Hostel Seven 7 Casa Del Gingi

Santa Teresa, Costa Rica

Good hostel, comfortable beds, nice outdoor area. The lockers inside the dorm didn't work very well and there are only two bathrooms, that were cleaned every morning but with so many people using it, they weren't very clean in the afternoon. In general, is a good hostel and I would stay there again.

• 19th Nov 2015

Hospedaje Dodero

Liberia, Costa Rica

We only stayed here for one night, but we really liked it. The hostel is very clean and safe. Close to the bus terminal. The beds are comfortable. Jesus, the owner, is extremely nice and went out of his way to help us rent the car we needed. He had all the information about the companies and helped us call all of them to ask about prices. He also drew us a map of the Nicoya Peninsula with directions and tips about the best beaches and places to go. Denfinitly recommend this hostel!

• 17th Nov 2015

Bambu Hostel

David City, Panama

Good hostel, next to the bus stop, clean and with hot showers (that is really hard to find in all central america)! We ended up staying 2 nights and we really liked it. Recommend it and wolud stay there again.

• 16th Nov 2015

Jodanga Backpackers Hostel

Santa Cruz, Bolivia

We stayed only one night and we loved it! We booked a double private room, shared bathroom, and although the check in was only at 2pm, the room was available so they let us check in earlier (at 8am). Everything was clean and very organized, friendly staff and the breakfast is THE BEST breakfast that I've ever saw in a hostel! The only thing I could possibly mention as a con is that a got feeling that if the hostel was full, there will be not enough bathrooms. Definitely wolud stay there again!

• 30th Oct 2014

Hostal Laskar

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Very good hostel with friendly staff. The room was a litle bit small, with no individual energy plugs, in fact, there was just one energy plug for the whole room (6 bed dorm). The hostel had a nice atmosphere, with a nice outdoor area. The kitchen was ok, well equipped. We didn't book the tours with Laskar because the hostel overpriced them, so we can`t talk about the quality of that service. Just 2 bathrooms to all the hostel.

• 23rd Oct 2014

Hostal Sunny Days

Arica, Chile

Actually we didn`t stayed at this hostel cause the owner gave our room to another person. So, he put us in another hostel nearby, called "end of the trail" which was awesome and gave back our deposit. I recomend you email the hostel to guarantee your room or go straight to "end of the trail" once they are very profesional and has a better location closer to the beach. Frank, the owner of "end of the trail" is awesome.

• 21st Oct 2014
  • Uruguay

The hostel has a nice atmosphere once have travellers from all over the world to do colca canyon. They have 3 bathrooms on the floor, and a nice kitchen well equipped and 24hr tea. About the problems, one was a lack of energy plugs in the room and no individual lights. The hostel has a nice chilling out area outdoor. Friendly staff.

• 20th Oct 2014
  • Uruguay

We stayed at a private room with bathroom. Everything was perfect, from the staff, good breakfest, cleanliness. They clean the room every morning. The hostel, actually is more like a B&B. Nice balcony with a city view and 24hr tea. The only con was the bathroom door which give you no privace. We loved and definitely will stay there again. The location of the hostel is uphill, but them can pick you up at the airport or bus terminal.

• 13th Oct 2014

Ukukus Hostel

Cusco, Peru

We stayed only one night but really liked. The room was a 6 bed dorm and was really big. The kitchen was big and well equipped, but no fridge.The staff was great, and we booked our salkantay trek with them. Everything happened as we plan. The problems are that there was only one energy plug in the room, no individual lights, so in the middle of the night a guest arrived and turn on the lights of the whole room and part of the ceiling was dangerously low. Just 1 bathroom on the floor.

• 8th Oct 2014

The Adventure Brew Hostel

La Paz, Bolivia

They have individual lights and individual energy plugs in the room, nice facilities, a nice bar and one beer for free. We didn`t use de kitchen. The staff was only good because ther was a girl who is very confuse,, almost made us lose our bus to Copacabana once she couldn't call us a taxi and had informed to us a wrong bus schedule. The other ones were helpful.

• 4th Oct 2014

Mambembe Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Awesome hostel! Great location, just 2 min walk to Arcos da Lapa and all the amazing nightlife of Rio, and a 5 min walk to the metro station Cinelandia, alowing you to go to the beaches and other parts of the city during the day. there's also buses stops very near. The staff is SUPER nice and friendly, and will help you with everything you need! The breakfast is very good too. When I go back to Rio, I'm definitely staying in Mambembe Hostel again and will recommend it to everyone I know!

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Globetrotter

Thank you! Te esperamos aqui da próxima vez!! :)

Suzie's Guesthouse and Hostel KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Great place. The staff is super friendly and helpful! Specially Khan! Location is great too, just a short walk from the Pasar Seni tram station. Clean and organized. Down sides: 1) the female dorm had just one energy plug, so it was a little difficult to charge your phone or camera battery, 2) not every bed has a light, 3) they don't give you a key to the dorm so the door just stays unlocked. Beside those minor things, it's a great hostel that I would definitely recommend and stay again!

• 12th Jan 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Budget Hostel

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

II stayed in a female dorm ensuited. The room and the bathroom were clean, and when I was leaving I saw the lady take off the sheets immediately, so that seemed right. The location is perfect, right next to MTR station, and they have big lockers inside the rooms. The only thing that bothered me was that the whole staff had a poor English, so it was hard to communicate sometimes, and the wifi in the common area didn't worked very well.

• 29th Dec 2012

Andes Hostel

Santiago, Chile

Loved everything about this place. The staff is great and helpful, bathrooms and bedrooms are very clean, comfy beds and big lockers inside the rooms. The atmosphere is awesome and there's something going on every night. Very central, u can walk to almost every attraction in Santiago. The only thing I missed was energy plugs inside the bedrooms...in the room that we stayed there was only one, so I had to charge the batteries of my camera and phone on the common areas. Totally recommend it!

• 12th Sep 2012
  • Globetrotter

Hi Thanks for your good comments about us!! . We will fix the plugs problem in a few days by installing more plugs in our dorms

La Posada de Huertas

Madrid, Spain

I really enjoyed my time there. The hostel is very clean and the staff is very helpful and nice. The location is great and you can go walking to most of the city attractions. Beside that, the hostel has something going on every day and night. I did the Free Walking Tour with Pablo and it was great. At night I went to the tapas night and then to the pub crawl. Loved it! The only thing I missed was a space in the shower to put you things and change (3rd floor).

• 13th Oct 2011

Royal Mile Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Just loved it!! Great location, in the main street of Edimburough. The staff is awsome, very nice, polite and fun! The rooms and the bathrooms are clean and the beds are comfy. They have lockers in the rooms and each one has a safe inside. Also, great place to meet people in their pub crawl. There's nothing that I didn't like!

• 6th Oct 2011