Location: Brazil, Gender: Female, Age: 30

Jodanga Backpackers Hostel

Santa Cruz, Bolivia

We stayed only one night and we loved it! We booked a double private room, shared bathroom, and although the check in was only at 2pm, the room was available so they let us check in earlier (at 8am). Everything was clean and very organized, friendly staff and the breakfast is THE BEST breakfast that I've ever saw in a hostel! The only thing I could possibly mention as a con is that a got feeling that if the hostel was full, there will be not enough bathrooms. Definitely wolud stay there again!

Hostal Laskar

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Very good hostel with friendly staff. The room was a litle bit small, with no individual energy plugs, in fact, there was just one energy plug for the whole room (6 bed dorm). The hostel had a nice atmosphere, with a nice outdoor area. The kitchen was ok, well equipped. We didn't book the tours with Laskar because the hostel overpriced them, so we can`t talk about the quality of that service. Just 2 bathrooms to all the hostel.

Hostal Sunny Days

Arica, Chile

Actually we didn`t stayed at this hostel cause the owner gave our room to another person. So, he put us in another hostel nearby, called "end of the trail" which was awesome and gave back our deposit. I recomend you email the hostel to guarantee your room or go straight to "end of the trail" once they are very profesional and has a better location closer to the beach. Frank, the owner of "end of the trail" is awesome.

The hostel has a nice atmosphere once have travellers from all over the world to do colca canyon. They have 3 bathrooms on the floor, and a nice kitchen well equipped and 24hr tea. About the problems, one was a lack of energy plugs in the room and no individual lights. The hostel has a nice chilling out area outdoor. Friendly staff.

We stayed at a private room with bathroom. Everything was perfect, from the staff, good breakfest, cleanliness. They clean the room every morning. The hostel, actually is more like a B&B. Nice balcony with a city view and 24hr tea. The only con was the bathroom door which give you no privace. We loved and definitely will stay there again. The location of the hostel is uphill, but them can pick you up at the airport or bus terminal.

Ukukus Hostel

Cusco, Peru

We stayed only one night but really liked. The room was a 6 bed dorm and was really big. The kitchen was big and well equipped, but no fridge.The staff was great, and we booked our salkantay trek with them. Everything happened as we plan. The problems are that there was only one energy plug in the room, no individual lights, so in the middle of the night a guest arrived and turn on the lights of the whole room and part of the ceiling was dangerously low. Just 1 bathroom on the floor.

The Adventure Brew Hostel

La Paz, Bolivia

They have individual lights and individual energy plugs in the room, nice facilities, a nice bar and one beer for free. We didn`t use de kitchen. The staff was only good because ther was a girl who is very confuse,, almost made us lose our bus to Copacabana once she couldn't call us a taxi and had informed to us a wrong bus schedule. The other ones were helpful.

Mambembe Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Awesome hostel! Great location, just 2 min walk to Arcos da Lapa and all the amazing nightlife of Rio, and a 5 min walk to the metro station Cinelandia, alowing you to go to the beaches and other parts of the city during the day. there's also buses stops very near. The staff is SUPER nice and friendly, and will help you with everything you need! The breakfast is very good too. When I go back to Rio, I'm definitely staying in Mambembe Hostel again and will recommend it to everyone I know!

Thank you! Te esperamos aqui da próxima vez!! :)

Suzie's Guesthouse and Hostel KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Great place. The staff is super friendly and helpful! Specially Khan! Location is great too, just a short walk from the Pasar Seni tram station. Clean and organized. Down sides: 1) the female dorm had just one energy plug, so it was a little difficult to charge your phone or camera battery, 2) not every bed has a light, 3) they don't give you a key to the dorm so the door just stays unlocked. Beside those minor things, it's a great hostel that I would definitely recommend and stay again!

• 12th Jan 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Budget Hostel

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

II stayed in a female dorm ensuited. The room and the bathroom were clean, and when I was leaving I saw the lady take off the sheets immediately, so that seemed right. The location is perfect, right next to MTR station, and they have big lockers inside the rooms. The only thing that bothered me was that the whole staff had a poor English, so it was hard to communicate sometimes, and the wifi in the common area didn't worked very well.

Andes Hostel

Santiago, Chile

Loved everything about this place. The staff is great and helpful, bathrooms and bedrooms are very clean, comfy beds and big lockers inside the rooms. The atmosphere is awesome and there's something going on every night. Very central, u can walk to almost every attraction in Santiago. The only thing I missed was energy plugs inside the bedrooms...in the room that we stayed there was only one, so I had to charge the batteries of my camera and phone on the common areas. Totally recommend it!

• 12th Sep 2012

Hi Thanks for your good comments about us!! . We will fix the plugs problem in a few days by installing more plugs in our dorms

La Posada de Huertas

Madrid, Spain

I really enjoyed my time there. The hostel is very clean and the staff is very helpful and nice. The location is great and you can go walking to most of the city attractions. Beside that, the hostel has something going on every day and night. I did the Free Walking Tour with Pablo and it was great. At night I went to the tapas night and then to the pub crawl. Loved it! The only thing I missed was a space in the shower to put you things and change (3rd floor).

Royal Mile Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Just loved it!! Great location, in the main street of Edimburough. The staff is awsome, very nice, polite and fun! The rooms and the bathrooms are clean and the beds are comfy. They have lockers in the rooms and each one has a safe inside. Also, great place to meet people in their pub crawl. There's nothing that I didn't like!