iSanook

Varanasi, India

• 29th Nov 2013

Torwada Hotel

Amman, Jordan

I read excellent reviews about this place, but when we got there, the staff wasn't even there. The room had peeling wall paper, there were tissues in the drawers, the bathroom was disgusting, etc. The staff did buy us a nice breakfast in the morning, but it was a small consolation based on the conditions of the room. Yes, the hostel is cheap, but I've stayed at many equally cheap hostels recommended by HostelWorld, which were much better than this one.

• 4th Nov 2013

Casa Teatro Massimo

Palermo, Italy

Casa Teatro Massimo is an EXCELLENT place to stay in Palermo. It's an extremely charming and homey apartment. It's private, and you feel like you live in Sicily. The apartment is located in the heart of old Palermo, so you're near amazing restaurants, architecture, and all sites are easily within walking distance. Nicoletta, the manager of the property, was EXTREMELY helpful: she even arranged an inexpensive driver to go to the small town where our ancestors were from and her English was great!

Casa Fischer Hostal

Valparaiso, Chile

Perfect hostel. Loved the spacious dorms and the breakfast. Location was unbeatable! The only downside was the restricted time for computer use and the 6-minute showers, but these small drawbacks didn't take away from the overall wonderful experience here.

Atacama Hostel

Santiago, Chile

City Backpacker - Hostel Biber

Zurich, Switzerland

Hostel is very centrally located - you CANNOT beat the location. The facilities are fine, nothing too special but clean enough. The staff is helpful. The hostel does not include breakfast nor sheets and I didn´t like that there are not lockers - only little ones to lock up valuables, but nothing large enough to fit suitcases. Overall though, I felt comfortable staying here and would stay again. And again, what´s most important is location, location, location.

Funky Granada

Granada, Spain

Staying at Funky Granada is absolutely neccessary if you are a young person visiting Granada! I was a solo traveller, & the hostel made it so easy & fun to explore the nightlife and cultural aspects of Granada without being alone. I met such nice people at the hostel &I genuinely had so much fun. The staff is amazing as well When I arrived, I had actually made an error in booking my accomadations and the staff was so flexible. I felt very safe, secure, and clean! I don;t have one complaint!