Reviews: lisaharrv

Sydney, Australia

• 12th Oct 2014

American Dream Hostel

New York, USA

This is absolutely the hostel I will choose the next time I'm in New York. The location is great, the breakfast was delicious, and they don't have dorms anywhere so they gave me a room to myself.

• 13th Apr 2014

New York Budget Inn

New York, USA

I think it's a bit ridiculous that you have to pay $5 for baggage storage, but other than that, no complaints. I like that they had a filtered water fountain for refilling my water bottle, and I love the free candy in the lobby. The staff were all friendly and helpful.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for your review. Please note that luggage storage is an option we offer our guests for a convenience. We offer this option for guests who want to maximize their remaining time in the city after checkout without having the need to drag their luggage with them before their flight back home.

New York Budget Inn

New York, USA

This was a great place to stay in NYC! I didn't spend much time here as I was out and about most of the time, but the location was very convenient. Just central enough to be close to everything, but not right smack dab in the middle of the touristy craziness. The staff was really nice, and the rooms were great.

• 11th Oct 2013

Santa Mix Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This was one of my favourites hostels I've stayed at, and I've stayed at a lot. Jorge and the rest of the staff were excellent, and extremely helpful & welcoming! Jorge would take us out different places each night to show us nightlife in different parts of the city. The location is beautiful and very convenient - close to the Metro and a grocery store. Highly recommend this place!

• 6th Aug 2013

YHA London Oxford Street

Nice, clean place to stay, and in an awesome location.

• 19th Aug 2012

KEX Hostel

Reykjavik, Iceland

Big hostel with great facilities, lovely place to stay.

It would be nice if there were a kitchen and a cozier place to hang out, but it's a fine place to stay if you're young and looking to party.

• 10th Aug 2012

Caveland

Santorini, Greece

Had an awesome stay. Beautiful pool, good rooms with A/C, good prices!

Rethymno Youth Hostel

Crete, Greece

Very little security, but there were no problems. Staff was absolutely wonderful.

• 31st Jul 2012

Athens Backpackers

Athens, Greece

My experience here was kind of ruined by inconsiderate roommates (not having people turn the light on in the middle of the night or barf everywhere multiple times), but other than that it was a good place to stay. Kitchen facilities were great.

Great place to stay, and the kitchen facilities were very good.

Ostello Gallo D'Oro

Florence, Italy

Super friendly and helpful staff, great atmosphere!

• 21st Jul 2012

L' Imbarcadero

Venice, Italy

Has a ton of bug bites while I was there. Still not sure if they're from mosquitos or bed bugs, but I was always swatting away flies in my bed at night.

City Hostel Geneva

Geneva, Switzerland

Flying Pig Downtown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

YHA London Oxford Street

• 24th Jun 2012
  • Globetrotter

Great place to stay and the location on Barrington is really convenient for walking around in the downtown area and also to catch buses around the city. The hostel was clean and the staff friendly and knowledgeable.

• 26th Apr 2012
  • Globetrotter

Great, very clean hostel with good facilities. Since the place is so big, it can be hard to meet people, but really you just have to be a bit outgoing and it works out fine. Also, the staff at the desk were really friendly, but the cleaning lady I encountered was extremely rude. I slept in one morning and she yanked open my curtain unnecessarily, waking me up, and yelled at a guy who had slept in past his check-out time.

• 25th Mar 2012
  • Cambodia

You get what you pay for here - not too bad of a place. Looks a bit rundown from the outside, but the facilities are pretty decent, and the people were friendly enough.

• 24th Feb 2012