Cactus Jacks Backpackers

Rotorua, New Zealand

Staff was very helpful and friendly, helped me save some money when I screwed up my reservation. Rooms and bathrooms were clean and the location was very convenient in city center. Also very quiet at night which was very nice after a long day of activities. I would definitely stay here again.

Global Village Travellers Lodge

Greymouth, New Zealand

This is probably the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Friendly staff, very clean and nice facilities, wonderful atmosphere. I feel really lucky I got to stay here. If you are in Greymouth you gotta check this place out! I actually never thought hostels could be this nice.

Point Break Backpackers

Christchurch, New Zealand

Staff was really friendly. Free breakfast was nice. Hostel was in a weird part of town really far from city center which I didn't expect.. Very close to a nice looking beach though. The other guests seemed a bit more rowdy that other places but I don't know if that's the hostels fault. Was quiet at night.

Base Wellington

Wellington, New Zealand

This place wasn't that great. Our room had a bed in it that was unmade and looked like some one had been sick in it. To make matters worse the windows in the room could not open so there was zero ventilation and the room smelled very funky. There was a fan in the room to move the gross air around but it was covered in dust. : / One of the least pleasant hostels I stayed at in NZ. Next to a a lot of restaurants and bars though. Was quiet at night.

Junohall YHA Hostel Waitomo

Waitomo, New Zealand

This place was pretty cool. Very conveniently located next to our Waitomo adventures tour center. Everything was nice except for one thing... People walking down the central hallway that connects all the rooms were crazy noisy. I think because our room was right at the start of the hallway we heard EVERYONE stomping on by to their rooms. Hopefully you get a room at the end of the hallway. Perhaps the hostel should put some carpet or something down that hallway to try and reduce the noise.

Anchor Lodge Backpackers

Coromandel, New Zealand

Really pleasant location with helpful and friendly staff. Met some nice people here. Would definitely recommend.

Good location with a very friendly staff. Parking is expensive but convenient. If you absolutely had to stay in Auckland this wouldn't be a bad place. I would recommend you don't waste a day in Auckland though. The city is boring. After landing at airport immediately go to some outlaying area.

Best part of this hostel was all the organized trips they offered for a really cheap fee. Great way to meet other people and see some awesome sites without having to take the bus. Staff was very friendly. I wished it was a bit nicer but it was super cheap and only a block away from the beach.

Great Location and a good value for money. Rooms were cleaned daily which was nice because I had a roommate who was a little bit messy. Staff was really friendly but unfortunately had a hard time helping with planning trips to main tourist attractions. The other travelers at this hostel were extremely nice! A lot nicer than at the other hostel I stayed at. I think the extra cost helped filter out bad people. The fridge in the room was also very nice! I would definitely recommend this plce

Kyoya Ryokan

Nagoya, Japan

I would definitely stay at this Ryokan again. Very clean, friendly staff, and a great price. A little bit of a walk from the station but you can walk to Nagoya castle which is really great.

Awesome location where you can walk to many tourist spots. Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Thank you for your great comment. We are glad to hear that. We look forward to seeing you again!