Român Holidays Hostel, Rome, Italy
11th Nov 2015

Can be confusing finding the hostel as there is no sign outside and it shares the building with two small hotels. Staff were helpful. For example, they found us accommodation for the night when they were fully booked. The hostel is small, spotlessly clean and has a calm atmosphere. Our dormitory had been recently painted. You get a better deal on price and availability if you book through the hostel's own website.

Equity Point Marrakech, Marrakech, Morocco
28th Jul 2015

This was my second stay at Equity Point so I must have liked it. The place is beautiful, the staff are helpful. Good atmosphere and location. Just one niggle: dormitory floor often wet because of water seeping from bathroom or dripping from air conditioning.

Hostel Cloud Nine, Essaouira, Morocco
15th Jul 2015

Yesterday we chanced upon an old synagogue, a reminder of the ethnic diversity under the old empires before rise of Arab and Zionist nationalisms. Some of that diversity survives in the cook at the hostel where we are staying, a Jewish Canadian guy who supplied us with a delicious Israeli meal last night, for 40 dirhams each. We like the Cloud Nine hostel very much, relaxed vibe & friendly

Rotorua Central Backpackers, Rotorua, New Zealand
13th Jan 2015

Eponymously central. Staff and guests were helpful and friendly. Hostel was clean and well-maintained throughout. Kitchen was large and well-equipped. Wifi worked. Security was average. No lockers in dorm so you have to be careful or trust your fellow guests.

Alpes Huaraz, Huaraz, Peru
6.3
6th Jul 2014

My view is clouded by being robbed of my passport, cards and my money as I slept in the aptly-named room 101 dormitory by another person who checked out early. Neither the hostel management showed any interest in trying to catch the culprit. Management just said it was my fault for not locking my stuff in the lockers in reception. The hostel itself was ok and the bar staff friendly.

Ecopackers, Cusco, Peru
22nd Jun 2014

The building was wonderful and quirky. Originally 16th C, two storeys around two courtyards. The first, larger courtyard is good for lounging & getting wifi reception. The second courtyard has a (rather small) kitchen. . Nice cinema-style room for watching TV and movies. Dormitories spacious & clean, but not enough sockets or wifi reception. Some petty theft & noise from guests in dorms The reception and travel agency staff were neither particularly friendly, nor particularly unfriendly.

Hostal Sol de Oro, Arequipa, Peru
18th Jun 2014

The staff and their family who lived on the premises were friendly and helpful. The building was centrally located and had great charm. There were not many other guests when we were there, which is a shame as the facilities were designed for more higher occupancy. . Internet wifi was not working sometimes. The only real problem was that it was very easy to trip over when the foor level rise or fell a few centimetres. This hazard could have been better highlighted.

15th Jun 2014

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The owner organised tours for us and gave us a free ride to the bus station when we left. The building had old-fashioned charm, especially the alligators sun bathing in the courtyard. Dormitory was clean and comfortable. Front door always locked, so good for security. Wifi mostly OK.

Hwa Seong Guest House, Suwon, South Korea
17th Feb 2013

Relocation of the hostel was excellent, very close to the historic centre of Suwon, with its magnificent walls and 18th-century Paris. The hostel seemed to be very good value for money for me, as I appear to be the only guest While I stayed there and had all the facilities to myself. It was scrupulously clean and the facilities were well maintained. They included use of the kitchen. I only met one member of staff, the manager, and he was perfectly polite although rather reserved.

23rd Jan 2013

The hostel was good and full of character, and the staff were helpful. However, when I was there, the bar area was undergoing major renovations and was rather cold and unwelcoming. The outside areas of the hostel would be very good when it is full of people and when the weather is good, but in January these were dark, deserted and cold, and not pleasant.

7.7
20th Jan 2013

Nice, laid back air. Most of the staff were efficient and friendly. A rather long trek from my bed at the end of the fourth floor landing to the nearest toilet on the 3rd - longer when the toilet on that floor wasn't working. The location isn't particularly central, although there is a park full of local character nearby.

Hello: Thank you very much for the review and comments. We're sorry to hear that your impressions of our hostel were not as good as we would have hoped. We always try our best to satisfy all our guests and most people leave with a positive impression of our hostel. While we're sorry that you had a bad experience with our toilets /location . Just enjoy your trip and best wishes from all of our staff. KUNMING CLOUDLAND YHA

Velkommen Backpackers, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
17th Dec 2012

Had a good stay. Staff were very friendly & helpful. Facilities & location good. Only 2 niggles: music in lobby sometimes too loud for my comfort, and being asked to move into a different dorm on the 3rd night (and from a lower to an upper bank).

Phuket Backpacker, Phuket, Thailand
7.7
9th Jul 2012

Modern facilities. Good atmosphere! Although rather young for an old timer like me.. Some reviews have criticised the staff but I found them perfectly polite and efficient, but self-contained rather than excessively chummy. The directions the hostel gave were from the old bus station but most buses stop at the new Number 2 bus terminal: if you arrive there you should get the cheap bus rather than expensive taxi to the centre of town.

St Christopher's Greenwich, London, England
20th Oct 2011

You have to take this hostel for what it is: a sleeping place above a pub, with consequent advantages and disadvantages. A bit of a shame there are no cooking facilities, but breakfast is included in the price, which is reasonable for London. The hostel staff are excellent, but I found the security guards at the pub entrance intrusive and rough around the edges.

Euro Hostel Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
8.7
10th Oct 2011

This was my first experience of hosteling for a long time, and I was struck by how things had improved in terms of overall facilities. The staff were efficient and quietly competent. The four person en suite room was fine and clean. Good to have a bar and free wifi that worked well. The place was a little soulless on the Monday night I stayed, but probably to be expected. A little on the expensive side. Dorm walls thin so sound from neighbouring rooms carried at night.