Location: Australia, Gender: Male, Age: 30

Banana Bungalow Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

Would not stay here again as I was overcharged by $5.24 (apparently they don't charge cents and just round - that was $0.24 cents of it - a rip off). They have a $5 card fee. She said that it was on this website and their website, I said that I didn't see it on either website. I would not stay here again, as I'm not happy about their rounding policy and not being advised until that I got to check in, that they have a $5 fee for paying on card !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 25th Apr 2014

Thank you for your review of Banana Bungalow Hollywood! Reviews really help us target the needs of our guests and make improvements for the next time you stay with us! We usually do round down on from the balance due, saving our guests some cents. We list the $5 Credit Card fee on our website, and make sure to offer an ATM on site to those guests who would rather not pay the CC fee. Make sure to visit the next time you are in Los Angeles!

Hostel Cat

Las Vegas, USA

Its still true that you still get what you pay for. The cleaning standards weren't very high, was cold at night time with the bedding that they provided, the wifi connection in my room didn't work but did in the common areas, the location was in a dodgy part of town, between the Stratosphere & Freemont St, the only way I survived my 3 nights there was by spending little time there as possible apart from sleeping.

• 7th Mar 2014

The hostel its self was perfectly adequate. Just why it would be in the top 10 in Australia according to customers from this website is beyond me.

• 11th Aug 2012

This hostel works, its only a short tube ride from the centre of London (zone 2), provides a eatable breakfast, offers good free wifi + computer's with internet facilities, 24/7 reception desk, nice quiet common room (something which few hostels have these days), the bunk beds have curtains, they take their cleaning standards seriously, staff are friendly, short walk to shops. I really like the place, cheap ish bar with food and drinks.

• 22nd Jul 2012

They say you get what you pay for and some things don't change. The cleaning standards here were nothing short of shocking, there's only 1 toilet down stairs (which is for both genders), they showers had problems with hot water (apparently you couldn't have hot water in the showers on the bottom floor as well as on the 2nd floor at the same time), on the positive side it did have good free wifi, good location, but the whole place really needs some TLC, like patching up leaking roof's etc.

• 14th Jul 2012

The breakfast here you'll find is second to none in terms of hostels. The Wombat Breakfast, whilst you do have to pay for it, is pretty cheap, is of excellent quality and well worth it. I enjoyed my stay there.

• 2nd Jun 2012

The breakfast was a typical hostel affair - not worth getting up for. The cleaning standards here were almost none existent. I wasn't expecting muhc paying 10 pounds a night, but i was expecting it to be clean though !!

• 3rd May 2012