Eve's Guesthouse

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Brian was great. Everything was easy which definately helped to make it a great break. Room was clean. Breakfast was basic but fine. I would recommend this place and would stay here again.

Smyle Inn

New Delhi, India

Positives: The staff were very helpful, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Negatives: The WiFi did not reach the room (but it was very fast in the lobby). The area is really dodgy, you have to pass an open urinal were men urinate in the street like dogs. Some of locals are nice but some don't seem to like white people very much. My girlfriend was hit by a motorcycle as she was walking down the alley to this place and we were told by some of the locals that white people deserve this

Hong Han Hotel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Positives: Anh is helpful if you need information. Room was mostly clean, serviced daily. Negatives: Late to pick us up. Guests are allowed to yell and slam doors at 3am. Very noisy, don't expect much sleep if you stay here. Hot water does not last very long. WiFi kept dropping out. Bathroom flooded. The “double bed” was two single beds pushed together.

Dear Jim, Thanks for your comments but you made me really sad and disappointed.This is the first time i have a review like this.And i have some feedback: - You said we picked you up late? : Do i have to pick you up?When you sent me an email to ask for a pick up service i told you that the bus station was very closed to our hotel,only 5 minutes walking,so you could walk to here by yourselves.I also told you that i would try to go there to pick you up.But the problem is i couldn't know exactly the bus time arrival,it's not usually very on time.But at the end i still went there and help you to carry all your bags.What could you expect more than that?Did you pay me any pennies for the pick up service. - You said that we allowed the guests to yell and slam the doors?No no,we don't but it's just their personalities,they are not polite or not,they think about everyone or not.And did it happen every night ? You know,the guests who woke you up at 3a.m and yelled and slam the door were very young and they were on their holiday,they just enjoyed it and they didn't know that it annoyed the others.I also asked them to stop making noise and i think they didn't make any noises on the next days. And did you remember how you you treated me on the next morning? You treated me like that was my mistake,you threatened me that you would put a bad review on tripadvisor and hostelworld because of that and see,you did! Is that really necessary to treat me like that? -You said the wifi kept dropping out?I think we only had some problems with the wifi on the first floor ,You were actually on the second floor and i guessed you did choose honghan-1 instead of honghan-2 as you should that made the trouble you had. - You said your bathroom flooded ?Did you know why it happened?That was because of what you put into your bathroom. -And you wanted a real double bed?Why didn't you ask me?We actually also had a kind of room with a real double bed on the higher floor. You see everything went wrong because you kept silent all the time,because you didn't want to talk to me even i still tried to be friendly,to smile with you,but you,you even didn't look at me,reply me...and i smiled with myself like a stupid guy. Did i do something wrong and made you treated me like that ?Please tell me. Anyway,sorry for all the trouble we made and sorry for the uncomfortable time you had here with us. You comments will also help us to serve other guests better. Hope to see you next time. All the best Anh

Happy Guest House

Siem Reap, Cambodia

We pre-booked a room only to find they had given it to someone else. They gave us an inferior room for the first night and then we had to move to our booked room. We organized a packed breakfast which they told us would be ready for our early morning trip to see the sunrise over Angkor Wat,they forgot to make it. WiFi is painfully slow (not usable to the point that they should not advertise that they have WiFi) We gave them our laundry and they forgot to do it, so we left with the dirty washing.

• 14th Jan 2012

Sam Sen Sam

Bangkok, Thailand

Were very difficult in changing dates. Internet did not work. Had to go through the kitchen to get to room. Advise given by reception staff was not right.

Sam Sen Sam

Bangkok, Thailand

Were very difficult in changing dates Internet did not work Had to go through the kitchen to get to room Advise given by reception staff was not right

Villa Thony 1 House 1

Luang Prabang, Laos

Positives Very friendly and helpful Made coffee for us every morning and free banana Quiet street Negatives WiFi is really bad. Plumbing was broken Took days to have lights fixed (room was very dark)

City Home Guest House

Chiang Rai, Thailand

Was ok, staff were helpful. Internet was ok, not great. Was close to the bus station which was good. Room flooded, but they allowed us to move. Holes in the mosquito net which is concerning in SE Asia. Music and Karaoke all night, very loud. Could have done better for this amount of money.

This hotel overcharged us. They did not deduct the deposit we paid on hostelworld from the room rate (and because it was 2am and we were tired we paid too much by mistake). When I tried to contact them about this on email they did not reply and would not refund this.

Sunny Guesthouse

Koh Samui, Thailand

Very happy with our stay here. Penzy was really friendly and helpful. The transport we booked through Penzy went really wrong but she sorted it all out for us and fixed it allup, going way above what we expected. The Guesthouse is really nice and good value.

Jinta Andaman

Phuket, Thailand

Staff are very warm and helpful. Room is very clean and comfortable, in a great location (avoid staying in Pa tong). Sheets and towels were changed every day, I was very impressed and happy with this place.

Thong Ta Resort And Spa

Bangkok, Thailand

Staff very nice and helpful. Promptly arrived at the airport to pick us up. Room was clean and well presented. Great street food just outside. Very happy with this place, ideal if you need somewhere to stay between flights.