Cochs Pensjonat

Oslo, Norway

Cochs Pensjonat is a great hostel if you're looking for something in Oslo. Although it's not exactly in the centre, it's not far, and reasonably priced considering the fact that we're talking about Norway. There are some cheaper options but there you pay extra for taxes and bed linen that I always find annoying, and you end up paying almost the same. Here these were all included. Well-equipped & clean rooms, the ones with street view are a bit noisy but nothing unbearable.

Lisbon Destination Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Great location, especially if you plan to visit Sintra (do it!), but also for metro connections. Very clean rooms, and super interior design with a lot of extra facilities (shower was a bit small in private room though). Breakfast is generally sweet, no salty stuff (meat, eggs, etc.), and the pancakes are awesome!

Antwerp Central Youth Hostel

Antwerp, Belgium

Very great location and nice staff, also decent breakfast and clean room. The building and our room was a bit plain and we thought that the blanket might have been thicker for the season, but in general I would fully recommend this hostel.

Agapinor Hotel

Paphos, Cyprus

Very good location (not the beach though), nice and helpful staff, and a great pool. Breakfast was also quite okay, and the rooms were clean, all in all very good services for the price. Only trouble was the bathroom, if you're around 1.90 you might have a difficult time in the shower, and a toilet brush would have been handy.

One of the best apartments we ever stayed in, very good bed, nicely renovated room and bathroom, and there was also a fridge available. Location is not the best, but if you're willing to walk 30 minutes to the center then it shouldn't be a problem (the whole beach is under construction and not much to see there). Only disappointment that at check-in reception said that the breakfast wasn't included (when it was), and since I did't rememember neither really care, we paid 10 EUR unnecessarly.

GIDIC Backpackers

Tallinn, Estonia

The hostel is at a good location, and the staff is really nice, but I wouldn't stay here again. When I book double or twin beds for two, I don't really expect to get bunk beds. One of the sheets was oily/greasy, and the room surely could use a mirror. Also, the only toilet/shower was like 50 meters from our room one floor under us. And I don't really like the shower in barracks style, where there are absolutely no walls or curtains between the 3 showering spots.

Hi Adam, I am sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with our place. The boys bathroom is a communal shower yes - most guys do not mind showering in such showers as it is no different than most gyms or similar enviroments - however we appreciate your feedback. We had no idea about the bedsheets - are washed after every use and if there were any issue with your bedssheet - you should have contacted our reception at the time you were here - we would have changed it for you immediately. Last point - our twin rooms are sold as a twin with bukers. So these rooms are not a double room they are twins. A double room provides a queen size double bed - usually booked by most couples. Kind Regards, Fred

Central Hostel Riga

Riga, Latvia

One of the best hostels :) Really nice staff, clean place, perfect location, amazing room, there's nothing more to say :)

A Hostel

Vilnius, Lithuania

Good, nice hostel, nothing special, reasonable price for the services, really good value for money. Location is perfect if you take the bus, it's about 2 minutes from the bus station, and about 15 minutes from the old town. I'd definetely stay here again.

Atlantis Hotel Thessaloniki

Thessaloniki, Greece

One of the nicest staff I've ever met. Location is excellent, middle of the city centre with many bus connections. Breakfast is extra charge, but it's also really good. The shower was really tiny, but you can manage that for a few days.

• 30th Mar 2012
  • Hungary

Intersail

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Really nice place. In the winter it's a bit cold, but the double blankets do the trick :) Breakfast is also great, and it's fairly close to the centre.

Do Step Inn

Vienna, Austria

Beautiful rooms, they clean every day, very nice staff, 5 minutes away from the underground.