Location: Northern Ireland, Gender: Male, Age: 23

This was definitely one of the better hostels that I have used in London and it is very conveniently placed for the City Centre. The breakfast is exceptionally handy and the staff are always helpful.

Urbany Hostel Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

In all fairness I wish that I had time to stay here longer to fully appreciate all the hostel had to offer. It felt very much like a hotel rather than a hostel at first but the standard was amazing and definitely ranks among the highest calibre hostels I have stayed at. There was nothing wrong with the hostel per se but I felt that it didn't have the atmosphere that you find in other hostels. This could have been for a number of reasons and really should not count against the hostel.

• 11th Nov 2012
  • Northern Ireland

Be Mar Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

When booking the hostel I didn't anticipate the location but other than that it's well placed within easy walking distance of the parallel, ramblas, catalunya and port. I was impressed by the lockers in the room that only open with your key card and the entrance area which is also the communal area. The only downpoint was when the communal area got taken over by a large group (over 24) travelling together which suffocated the rest of the hostellers staying there but that's not unheard of.

The Hipstel

Barcelona, Spain

This was another great find in Barcelona for me and would have probably been the best if my arrival hadn't coincided with a massive group and the wifi decided to get jammed. On the other hand you're within easy walking distance of plaza catalunya, the rooms are really spacious and the hostel has a lovely feel about it. I was even more impressed when the girl on the reception even took the time to show me where my room was. I can't remember that ever happening in any other hostel I've stayed at.

St Christopher's Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

One of the best hostels that I have stayed at and definitely one of the best in Barcelona for the price that you pay. I especially liked the beds with curtains in the dorms so that you could sleep undisturbed even during the day. The only thing that made me pause was the cost of the lockers to store your bag if you arrived early. 6€ for 12 hours pretty much doubled my hostel cost.

Graffiti

Barcelona, Spain

A hostel that may not be the ritz but has some of the best character and atmosphere that I have ever seen in such hostels. The staff are keen and happily take you out on the town should you wish. Also due to the small size of the hostel you end up knowing everyone there after just one night that adds a real friendly atmosphere.

Abraham House

Dublin, Ireland

A good hostel considering the price you pay and is within walking distance of Temple Bar many other Dublin sites. It's quite chilled compared to most hostels and the staff are very helpful. Can be a bit wild when massive group bookings arrive though.

Avalon House

Dublin, Ireland

The hostel was a good hostel hitting all the right keys. It wasn't overpriced considering you were just by St Stephens Green in Dublin and there was all the facilities you could want. However it did lack the happy party atmosphere that you find in hostels directly in the centre of Dublin eg. Temple Bar. This is a great hostel if you're in Dublin to study, not party every night or at least don't want the party on the hostels doorstep.

Clink78

I was very impressed with the hostel. The staff were very friendly and did there best to help at all times despite how busy the hostel was. The downstairs bar added a real travellers feeling to the time spent there socialising and almost stopped you from going out and seeing London. When you did get out though you are only five minutes walk from an underground station from where you can reach the entirety of London. The rooms were maybe a little crowded however I had no problems.

Sleepzone

Galway, Ireland

Great hostel! The staff are enthusiastic and truly enjoy their job which makes you feel very welcome. The open plan kitchen and dining area was a great place to meet people and you're a 2 minute walk from the main square in Galway where there are plenty of bars selling bear for 3€ so long as you keep your eyes peeled.

Oliver St. John Gogarty

Dublin, Ireland

Oliver St. John Gogarty was one of the best hostels I stayed at in Ireland. The complimentary free pint when you arrive and the helpfulness of all the staff were just a couple of things that made the hostel stand out. The morning breakfast although basic was everything one could need from a breakfast and it's impossible to complain considering the low price you're paying to stay right in the middle of the Irish capital. I would definitely stay at the hostel again should I return to Dublin

• 19th Oct 2011