Location: Indonesia, Gender: Male, Age: 33

Bedbunkers Hostel #1

Kuta, Indonesia

Maintenance needs to be improved. I had to change the bed 3 times in order to get a locker that can be locked. The toilets need to be cleaned more frequently as I had a big ‘surprise’ when I went to the toilet early in one morning. The good side is the location which is a little bit far from the beach which is good for me. Not to forget the friendly and helpful staff that makes my stay a pleasant.

Dina's Hostel

Cairo, Egypt

Stayed in a 10 beds dorm. Room was ok, noisy most of the time from the traffic below. Only 1 power plug, had to go to the common room to charge my devices. Clean bathrooms. 1st time there, not a single hanger to hang my stuff while having a shower. When get back for 2nd time (3 days after 1st stay), there was one. The basin was also fixed. Location is good. Can walk back to the hostel from Tahrir sq when the metro service was disrupted on 11 Feb. Met some friendly travelers there as well.

Cheers Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

This hostel was not my first choice. Since the other hostel was slow in replying my enquiry, I went ahead to book this hostel and I didn't have any single regret at all. Location in Sultanahmet is great, near Istanbul's top sights. Staffs were friendly, trying to engange me in a conversation whenever I was in the lobby. Good facilities such as wifi, free internet downstair, free breakfast and locker. And the most important thing to me was that the toilet was clean!!!

Booked 2 beds in a 6-beds room. Check in time, were given a room in a different building so no WiFi. Nobody other than us in the this particular unit. In the room 2 single beds and two stacks of mattresses. Didn't complain about this as we had no problem with this. However in the morning my friend found out, hot shower was not working at all! So he went to the main building to take a shower. As it was a hassle to go to main building, I took a cold shower. I did report this to the receptionist.

Itaca Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Nice hostel with unique lobby decoration. Clean bed and pillow with locker in the room. Free luggage storage in the lobby, WiFi and breakfast. Nice staffs. There were communal toiletries provided by the hostel or maybe other travellers. Location is very central. The direction given to reach the hostel in the email booking was not good. It is better to get off at Jaumee metro instead of Placa Catalunya from Barcelona Sant. I had a pleasant 3 nights stay there.

JBN Hostel

Chur, Switzerland

My friend and I were staying for one night in the 17-beds room. No one besides us staying in the room. I guess it wasn't peak season. So we had the entire room for us. Location was OK, not so far to reach the hostel by walking from train station. The guy who attended us was friendly. The room was clean. The bathroom was extremely clean. I noticed the toilet paper and tissue quality are very good. It was thicker than the normal tissue paper.

Location was not convenient. Far from everywhere. Had to take metro from any train stations. I almost missed my train to Zurich since I needed to take 2 Metros and one of the metro line to the station was closed. Need to pay for €10 for not so good quality towel. The shower cubicle need to be cleaned. Also the locker downstairs was not free to store your luggage until check in time. However free WiFi, breakfast, clean room, clean bed with curtain, cage-type storage, good security & nice staffs.

Hi, I am sorry you almost missed your train. We always advise everyone with times and how log it takes to get to the stations and the best ways to travel without being lost and causing unnecessary delays. We are happy to see that you liked some of the facilities in our hostel and others not so much but we can assure you that everything we do is thinking of your comfort and safety. Please come back again... we would love to have you back in Paris one day again soon.

Youth Hostel Meetingpoint

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Stayed at 18 beds room. Great location, near Central station. The room I got was facing Damrak street, so I had view from the window. No room lock. €2 for the locker. The cleaner threw away my towel which I put on the bed frame after I checked in. I guess it was partially my fault because the previous person which occupied the bed have not completely checked out on that day. So when the person left, the cleaner who cleaned the bed thought it belonged to the previous occupant and threw it away.

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

Stayed at a 6 beds room. Clean room, bedsheets, pillow and a sturdy bed frame. The mattress was very comfortable. Free locker in the room to use. The toilet inside the room was very clean. Location was great, near the central station which was important to me as I travelled around Europe by trains. Free wifi at the lobby. Staffs were friendly. Didn’t try the bar as it was very loud and crowded. The security was good as well.

M&J Hostel

Rome, Italy

No lockers. Mattress was covered with plastic that made noises even for a little movement. The toilet can be improved. On the + side, the price was excellent. Very near to Termini. The most important thing was all the staffs were friendly and helpful! When I asked one guy the best option to see the city in two days by walking, he drafted a complete route on a map for the 1st and 2nd day to follow to see interesting places in Rome which in the end lead back to the hostel. I was very satisfied!

Attentive and helpful staff especially Cloris, Sigi, Dana and a guy. I sent an email to reconfirm my booking and to book a taxi to the hostel with them. It was pricey at Y200 but okay since my flight arrived at 1AM. Within two days everything was settled. Check in process was smooth. The 12 beds dorm-room was clean e.g. the bed cover, pillow and blanket. There was a cleaner that cleaned the bathroom every morning. The most important thing is the location is great!! Near Forbidden City, subway.