Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 25

I wouldn't stay at this hostel again. I have stayed in nicer hostels in Beijing that were much cheaper. I reserved the 6 bed dorm but they only had the 8 bed dorm for me when I arrived at the hostel. The beds were comfortable but there are no reading lights so make sure to bring a flashlight if you don't want to wake up your roommates. The power plug is on the floor so you need to leave your stuff on the floor while it's charging. The common room is very small and isn't open late. Lockers small

• 29th Nov 2014

Wada Hostel in Yangshuo

Yangshuo, China

• 24th Nov 2014

Fenghuang Biancheng Hostel

Fenghuang-Phoenix County, China

The directions to the hostel were useless so I had to get a taxi driver to call the hostel. Once I got there though the staff met me at the door and were very nice and helpful. The location was perfect, right near the Hong bridge but a bit away from the bars so it wasn't loud at night. The 4 bed dorm was a bit small but it was very clean and the bed had a heating pad. The bad thing was that there were no lockers and the luggage storage was just in the common room.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Zhangjiajie Bajie Youth Hostel

Zhangjiajie, China

I stayed 1 night here before going to the park and 1 night after leaving the park. It was really nice that the hostel provided cheap maps and helped with which trails to check out. The rooms were nice but the beds very hard. I had some troublemaker checking out though as I needed to leave at 7am and there was no one at the desk. When we woke the girl up she was very upset. I also stayed at their hostel in the park. It was also nice but in November it was cold. No English speaking staff in park.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Globetrotter

I stayed at the hostel the night before I climbed the mountain and the night after in an 8 bed dorm. Staying at this hostel helped me make the most of my time in the Huang shan area. The staff were excellent and helped me plan my trip and answered all of my questions. It is a bit far to the old street but it is a nice walk along the river and there are a lot of taxis waiting if you don't want to walk back. It is nice and close to the bus station. Room was nice with lockers, reading light, kettle

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for your good comments, welcome to huangshan again and have another stay in our hostel.

West Lake Youth House

Hangzhou, China

While there are some minor inconveniences at this hostel like the noise from the school, the wonderful staff more than made up for these. The staff speak English very well and were very helpful with directions and information. The hostel really seems to want to make sure you have an excellent time. I stayed in the 6 bed dorm and it was nice with lockers and a kettle. The only problem I had was that it was quite cold in the room. I washed my socks and they weren't even close to dry after 2 days.

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Globetrotter

Sorry for the inconveniences,we will improve that,hope you will come back.

Nanjing Time Youth Hostel

Nanjing, China

I liked the hostel and would stay there again. The staff were helpful and friendly. The 8 bed dorm with ensuite was good with a large bathroom, lockers, and each bed had a power plug and light. Don't go to Nanjing on a Monday because many of the major sites are closed.

• 9th Nov 2014

Taohuawoo Youth Hostel

Suzhou, China

I have mixed feelings about this hostel. My locker did not work when I arrived and they said they would fix it that afternoon but they never did. The staff do not speak English very well but they did try to be helpful. The 4 bed dorm was small and the bed was very hard. I don't think there are any western toilets. The hostel bar was very nice with a really good singer. The area was nice too with most sites in walking distance.

• 8th Nov 2014

The Phoenix

Shanghai, China

This is an excellent hostel. I stayed in the 8 bed dorm and it was great with comfy beds, full size lockers, power and reading lights at each bunk, a very nice bathroom and even stairs up to the top bunk instead of a ladder. The rooftop bar was also very nice but another common area besides the bar would be nice. As well a kettle in the dorm would make it even better.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Wheat Hostel

Qingdao, China

The location was nice near the train station. Staff were helpful with directions. Lockers in the room were good. The courtyard area was nice. No western style toilets.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Globetrotter

This hostel was perfect for climbing Tai Shan. The location is perfect, at the start of the steps up the mountain and close to the bus stop. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm with a bathroom. I really liked that it had a kettle in it. After a long day of hiking it was so nice to be able to make some noodles without leaving the room. The WiFi was very strong and worked in the room. The lockers in the room were great as well. The only bad thing was that there was no toilet paper in the bathroom.

• 29th Oct 2014

Han Tang Inn Hostel

Xi'an, China

The best thing about this hostel is the staff. Everyone who works here is friendly and very helpful. The hostel itself is very clean and has great facilities. However, the rooms are small, some of the lockers broken and the shower flooded the whole bathroom. The beds though are very comfortable. I went on the panda tour and the terracotta warriors tour and they were both excellent. I would stay here again.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Globetrotter

What a powerful review and evaluation which inspires our staff to be much more patient and professional not only for the work skill, but the spirit, so thank you so much for your support and trust. And also because of your review, we reliease something not so perfert about the hostel, and have solved opportunely, so thank you again, for your good suggestions. All the staff is always waiting for your next coming.

Yamen Hostel

Pingyao, China

The hostel is a bit run down but it has a lot of character. I liked the courtyard and the location was excellent. The staff were friendly and helpful. I stayed in a 3 bed dorm and it was quite large. The only bad thing was that there were no lockers.

• 23rd Oct 2014

Leo Hostel

Beijing, China

I would stay here again. Even tough it was busy the hostel never felt crowded. Clean facilities with lockers in the rooms. Wifi didn't work for me the first night but it did the rest of the time. It is only in the common areas though. I loved the location! Great wall tour was also good.

• 15th Oct 2014

West Side YMCA

New York, USA

Overall I would stay at this hostel again. It was a good price for a private room in this location. The lobby area and lounge of the hostel was a nice place to relax. The bathrooms did not seem as dirty as other people described but they were a bit old and there was no where to put stuff while showering. The room was nothing special but it did have an air conditioner, closet, desk, TV and high ceilings. Soap and a smallish towel provided. I would have liked if top bunk had a guard rail.

• 31st Aug 2013

Hostel Andrew

Rome, Italy

I only stayed there for one night because I was just passing through Rome. The hostel is in a very convinent location right near Termini with a lot of restaurants around it. It was nice because there were lockers and a kitchen but the staff weren't that friendly.

• 7th May 2012

Hostelle - Female Only Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I liked the hostel. It is quite close to the metro so even though you aren't right in the centre its still convenient to go places. The hostel was really clean and the bathrooms were very nice.

• 30th Mar 2012

YHA London Thameside

I liked the hostel. Nothing was really exceptional about it but I definitely don't have any complaints either. It's in a pretty quiet residential neighbourhood and the beds were comfortable so I got a really good sleep. It's a little far if you want to stay out late at night in the centre of town but if you want just a nice relaxing weekend in London it's perfect.

• 23rd Mar 2012

Hotel Jorgensen

Copenhagen, Denmark

The best thing about this hostel is the location. For that reason I would stay again if I go back to Copenhagen. The room wasn't bad. There was a sink and tv in it but you have to rent sheets from them. The sheets I got were really old and stained. There is also a common area which was nice. The showers were disgusting and cold. There was a sign pointing to lockers but there were only some cubby holes with no doors. There was really no secure place to put your stuff.

• 5th Mar 2012

St Christopher's Oasis

The location of this hostel is excellent. Even though it's not right in the centre it's close to a lot of great places. The borough market is right across the street and London bridge, Tower bridge, the Tower of London, the Tate Modern, and St. Paul's are all within a short walk. You have to walk to the Village hostel for breakfast but the Oasis is better for coming home at night because it's really close to the Underground station. There was a locker in the room.

• 27th Jan 2012

Lagan Backpackers

Belfast, Northern Ireland

Best hostel stay we've ever had thanks to the great staff. We stayed over Christmas and they cooked us all a delicious Christmas dinner. Also great advice on things to do and see.

• 23rd Dec 2011

Ashfield Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Bring ear plugs! It was noisy at all times of the day because of street traffic, squeaky doors, and a bar next door. Other than that it wasn't bad. The breakfast was decent.

• 21st Dec 2011
  • Globetrotter

Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab)

Brussels, Belgium

The hostel wasn't far from the centre by the metro and it was easy to get home at night. The room wasn't anything special but it was very clean. The staff was very nice and breakfast was good. The only thing I found annoying is that for the lockout you have to take your sheets off the bed and lock them up in lockers downstairs with the rest of your stuff. A lot of the lockers were broken.

• 9th Dec 2011