Location Canada, Gender Female, Age 27

The Wallaby House Hostel, Zagreb, Croatia
5th May 2016

It's a great hostel. The bus station is really close so if you are taking a bus to or from Zagreb it's really convenient. Also it's not that far of a walk to get to the old town, or it's even faster it you take the tram. The owner and staff are really welcoming and create a fun atmosphere. From the minute you walk in the door they tell you what's happening that evening and organize games, drinks and pub crawls. If you do want to sleep though the rooms were pretty quiet.

J thanks for the kind words. We take pride in creating an entertaining atmosphere for everyone, glad you were a part of it. We've had half of Canada here this week, its been great. Take care, CRACKER!

Hostel Bol, Bol, Croatia
29th Apr 2016

Great hostel in a great location just up from the port. The owners were so nice and welcoming. I stayed 1 night but I wish I could have stayed longer but I will definitely be back in a few years!

Hostel Emanuel, Split, Croatia
26th Apr 2016

If you are looking for a bit more of an upscale, boutique feel than the average hostel, this is a great place to stay. Every bed has a curtain, power plug and light. You can also turn off the room light from your bed. You can tell a lot of planning went into the design and decor. The owner is really nice and helpful.

The Lazy Monkey Hostel, Zadar, Croatia
24th Apr 2016

Great hostel! I arrived at the bus station after the reception had closed so it was nice to be a close walk. The left me an envelop with the key to my room, a map with sites marked on and on the envelop there was a note saying they put the heat on in the room for me. The hostel has a big kitchen and outdoor seating area. It was low season still so it was kind of dead but the receptionists were all really friendly and helpful. The 4 bed dorm had real beds (not bunkbeds)!

Pariwana Hostel Lima, Lima, Peru
10th Sep 2015

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Great lockers with power points inside them. Enough bathrooms. Very clean. Staff were helpful and friendly. Nightly activities. The only complaint I had was that my lock was too big to fit on the locker so I had to buy one for 15 soles.

Kokopelli Hostel Paracas, Paracas, Peru
9th Sep 2015

Enjoyed my stay. The hostel has a really nice outdoor common area with a pool, hammocks, pool table, and kayaks. Food was great but drinks are a bit expensive. Great atmosphere but make sure you bring earplugs if you need to have an early night as the music is pretty loud. WiFi works great, hostel is clean, and staff are friendly. The only thing I didn't like was that my locker was broken so I couldn't use it. They should make sure all the lockers work. It's a major security issue.

Banana's Adventure, Huacachina, Peru
7.1
8th Sep 2015

The hostel has a nice outdoor common area with pool, bar, and comfy seats. The food is good. The dorms aren't that nice though. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm and it was tiny and didn't lock. It also only had 1 power point. There was a window into the bathroom so the light and noise shined in all night. There are a few lockers in the common area but they were full and the luggage storage is just out in the open. It was great for 1 night but I would not want to stay longer. Book a private rooom.

El Albergue Espanol, Arequipa, Peru
6th Sep 2015

I would definitely stay here again. For the price this hostel is excellent. I stayed in a single room and it was cheaper than dorm rooms at other hostels in the city. The bed was very comfy. The staff were friendly and helpful. There is a open air kitchen on the roof. The bathrooms were always clean. The WiFi worked fine in the room. The only downside is that their weren't many common areas so its difficult to meet people.

6.0
29th Nov 2014

I wouldn't stay at this hostel again. I have stayed in nicer hostels in Beijing that were much cheaper. I reserved the 6 bed dorm but they only had the 8 bed dorm for me when I arrived at the hostel. The beds were comfortable but there are no reading lights so make sure to bring a flashlight if you don't want to wake up your roommates. The power plug is on the floor so you need to leave your stuff on the floor while it's charging. The common room is very small and isn't open late. Lockers small

24th Nov 2014

Fenghuang Biancheng Hostel, Fenghuang-Phoenix County, China
7.7
22nd Nov 2014

The directions to the hostel were useless so I had to get a taxi driver to call the hostel. Once I got there though the staff met me at the door and were very nice and helpful. The location was perfect, right near the Hong bridge but a bit away from the bars so it wasn't loud at night. The 4 bed dorm was a bit small but it was very clean and the bed had a heating pad. The bad thing was that there were no lockers and the luggage storage was just in the common room.

Zhangjiajie Bajie Youth Hostel, Zhangjiajie, China
21st Nov 2014

I stayed 1 night here before going to the park and 1 night after leaving the park. It was really nice that the hostel provided cheap maps and helped with which trails to check out. The rooms were nice but the beds very hard. I had some troublemaker checking out though as I needed to leave at 7am and there was no one at the desk. When we woke the girl up she was very upset. I also stayed at their hostel in the park. It was also nice but in November it was cold. No English speaking staff in park.

13th Nov 2014

I stayed at the hostel the night before I climbed the mountain and the night after in an 8 bed dorm. Staying at this hostel helped me make the most of my time in the Huang shan area. The staff were excellent and helped me plan my trip and answered all of my questions. It is a bit far to the old street but it is a nice walk along the river and there are a lot of taxis waiting if you don't want to walk back. It is nice and close to the bus station. Room was nice with lockers, reading light, kettle

Thanks for your good comments, welcome to huangshan again and have another stay in our hostel.

West Lake Youth House, Hangzhou, China
11th Nov 2014

While there are some minor inconveniences at this hostel like the noise from the school, the wonderful staff more than made up for these. The staff speak English very well and were very helpful with directions and information. The hostel really seems to want to make sure you have an excellent time. I stayed in the 6 bed dorm and it was nice with lockers and a kettle. The only problem I had was that it was quite cold in the room. I washed my socks and they weren't even close to dry after 2 days.

Sorry for the inconveniences,we will improve that,hope you will come back.

Nanjing Time Youth Hostel, Nanjing, China
9th Nov 2014

I liked the hostel and would stay there again. The staff were helpful and friendly. The 8 bed dorm with ensuite was good with a large bathroom, lockers, and each bed had a power plug and light. Don't go to Nanjing on a Monday because many of the major sites are closed.

Welcom to stay in our hostel!We‘ll take all your advice and actively improve!

Taohuawoo Youth Hostel, Suzhou, China
7.4
8th Nov 2014

I have mixed feelings about this hostel. My locker did not work when I arrived and they said they would fix it that afternoon but they never did. The staff do not speak English very well but they did try to be helpful. The 4 bed dorm was small and the bed was very hard. I don't think there are any western toilets. The hostel bar was very nice with a really good singer. The area was nice too with most sites in walking distance.

The Phoenix, Shanghai, China
3rd Nov 2014

This is an excellent hostel. I stayed in the 8 bed dorm and it was great with comfy beds, full size lockers, power and reading lights at each bunk, a very nice bathroom and even stairs up to the top bunk instead of a ladder. The rooftop bar was also very nice but another common area besides the bar would be nice. As well a kettle in the dorm would make it even better.

Wheat Hostel, Qingdao, China
8.0
31st Oct 2014

The location was nice near the train station. Staff were helpful with directions. Lockers in the room were good. The courtyard area was nice. No western style toilets.

29th Oct 2014

This hostel was perfect for climbing Tai Shan. The location is perfect, at the start of the steps up the mountain and close to the bus stop. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm with a bathroom. I really liked that it had a kettle in it. After a long day of hiking it was so nice to be able to make some noodles without leaving the room. The WiFi was very strong and worked in the room. The lockers in the room were great as well. The only bad thing was that there was no toilet paper in the bathroom.

Han Tang Inn Hostel, Xi'an, China
24th Oct 2014

The best thing about this hostel is the staff. Everyone who works here is friendly and very helpful. The hostel itself is very clean and has great facilities. However, the rooms are small, some of the lockers broken and the shower flooded the whole bathroom. The beds though are very comfortable. I went on the panda tour and the terracotta warriors tour and they were both excellent. I would stay here again.

What a powerful review and evaluation which inspires our staff to be much more patient and professional not only for the work skill, but the spirit, so thank you so much for your support and trust. And also because of your review, we reliease something not so perfert about the hostel, and have solved opportunely, so thank you again, for your good suggestions. All the staff is always waiting for your next coming.

Yamen Hostel, Pingyao, China
23rd Oct 2014

The hostel is a bit run down but it has a lot of character. I liked the courtyard and the location was excellent. The staff were friendly and helpful. I stayed in a 3 bed dorm and it was quite large. The only bad thing was that there were no lockers.

Leo Hostel, Beijing, China
8.0
15th Oct 2014

I would stay here again. Even tough it was busy the hostel never felt crowded. Clean facilities with lockers in the rooms. Wifi didn't work for me the first night but it did the rest of the time. It is only in the common areas though. I loved the location! Great wall tour was also good.

West Side YMCA, New York, USA
31st Aug 2013

Overall I would stay at this hostel again. It was a good price for a private room in this location. The lobby area and lounge of the hostel was a nice place to relax. The bathrooms did not seem as dirty as other people described but they were a bit old and there was no where to put stuff while showering. The room was nothing special but it did have an air conditioner, closet, desk, TV and high ceilings. Soap and a smallish towel provided. I would have liked if top bunk had a guard rail.

Hostel Andrew, Rome, Italy
7.1
7th May 2012

I only stayed there for one night because I was just passing through Rome. The hostel is in a very convinent location right near Termini with a lot of restaurants around it. It was nice because there were lockers and a kitchen but the staff weren't that friendly.

Hostelle - Female Only Hostel, Amsterdam, Netherlands
30th Mar 2012

I liked the hostel. It is quite close to the metro so even though you aren't right in the centre its still convenient to go places. The hostel was really clean and the bathrooms were very nice.

YHA London Thameside, London, England
23rd Mar 2012

I liked the hostel. Nothing was really exceptional about it but I definitely don't have any complaints either. It's in a pretty quiet residential neighbourhood and the beds were comfortable so I got a really good sleep. It's a little far if you want to stay out late at night in the centre of town but if you want just a nice relaxing weekend in London it's perfect.

Hotel Jorgensen, Copenhagen, Denmark
6.3
5th Mar 2012

The best thing about this hostel is the location. For that reason I would stay again if I go back to Copenhagen. The room wasn't bad. There was a sink and tv in it but you have to rent sheets from them. The sheets I got were really old and stained. There is also a common area which was nice. The showers were disgusting and cold. There was a sign pointing to lockers but there were only some cubby holes with no doors. There was really no secure place to put your stuff.

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
Lagan Backpackers, Belfast, Northern Ireland
23rd Dec 2011

Best hostel stay we've ever had thanks to the great staff. We stayed over Christmas and they cooked us all a delicious Christmas dinner. Also great advice on things to do and see.

Ashfield Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
6.3
21st Dec 2011

Bring ear plugs! It was noisy at all times of the day because of street traffic, squeaky doors, and a bar next door. Other than that it wasn't bad. The breakfast was decent.

Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab), Brussels, Belgium
7.7
9th Dec 2011

The hostel wasn't far from the centre by the metro and it was easy to get home at night. The room wasn't anything special but it was very clean. The staff was very nice and breakfast was good. The only thing I found annoying is that for the lockout you have to take your sheets off the bed and lock them up in lockers downstairs with the rest of your stuff. A lot of the lockers were broken.

Vertigo Centre, Marseille, France