West Side YMCA

New York, USA

Overall I would stay at this hostel again. It was a good price for a private room in this location. The lobby area and lounge of the hostel was a nice place to relax. The bathrooms did not seem as dirty as other people described but they were a bit old and there was no where to put stuff while showering. The room was nothing special but it did have an air conditioner, closet, desk, TV and high ceilings. Soap and a smallish towel provided. I would have liked if top bunk had a guard rail.

Hostel Andrew

Rome, Italy

I only stayed there for one night because I was just passing through Rome. The hostel is in a very convinent location right near Termini with a lot of restaurants around it. It was nice because there were lockers and a kitchen but the staff weren't that friendly.

Hostelle - Female Only Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I liked the hostel. It is quite close to the metro so even though you aren't right in the centre its still convenient to go places. The hostel was really clean and the bathrooms were very nice.

YHA London Thameside

I liked the hostel. Nothing was really exceptional about it but I definitely don't have any complaints either. It's in a pretty quiet residential neighbourhood and the beds were comfortable so I got a really good sleep. It's a little far if you want to stay out late at night in the centre of town but if you want just a nice relaxing weekend in London it's perfect.

Hotel Jorgensen

Copenhagen, Denmark

The best thing about this hostel is the location. For that reason I would stay again if I go back to Copenhagen. The room wasn't bad. There was a sink and tv in it but you have to rent sheets from them. The sheets I got were really old and stained. There is also a common area which was nice. The showers were disgusting and cold. There was a sign pointing to lockers but there were only some cubby holes with no doors. There was really no secure place to put your stuff.

St Christopher's Oasis

The location of this hostel is excellent. Even though it's not right in the centre it's close to a lot of great places. The borough market is right across the street and London bridge, Tower bridge, the Tower of London, the Tate Modern, and St. Paul's are all within a short walk. You have to walk to the Village hostel for breakfast but the Oasis is better for coming home at night because it's really close to the Underground station. There was a locker in the room.

Lagan Backpackers

Belfast, Northern Ireland

Best hostel stay we've ever had thanks to the great staff. We stayed over Christmas and they cooked us all a delicious Christmas dinner. Also great advice on things to do and see.

Ashfield House

Dublin, Ireland

Bring ear plugs! It was noisy at all times of the day because of street traffic, squeaky doors, and a bar next door. Other than that it wasn't bad. The breakfast was decent.

Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab)

Brussels, Belgium

The hostel wasn't far from the centre by the metro and it was easy to get home at night. The room wasn't anything special but it was very clean. The staff was very nice and breakfast was good. The only thing I found annoying is that for the lockout you have to take your sheets off the bed and lock them up in lockers downstairs with the rest of your stuff. A lot of the lockers were broken.

Vertigo Centre