MEININGER London Hyde Park

This hostel felt like a hotel. The staff was not relaxed as other hostels. There was no laundry service, no kitchen, aren't those the basics to call yourself a hostel? The lounge had a cold atmosphere. There is no way that you get to talk to another traveller by those seperate benches. It also felt like a lot of families were staying at the hostel instead of fellow travelers.

• 1st Nov 2013

Hey, thank you for your honest comment. We are a mix of a hotel and a hostel, that means we welcome backpackers, groups, families and business travellers. We have a laundry room, with a washing machine and a dryer. Nevertheless thank you a lot for yhe comment :) Your M team

Oxford Backpackers Hostel

Oxford, England

I like the laundry service because it gives you the flexibility to go out the rest of the day and pick up your laundry whenever you want to (instead of waiting at the machine). I didn't like that my bunk bed was next to the radiator which was extremely hot in the middle of the night. I had to use my blanket to cover the radiator so that I wouldn't get burned by it.

• 30th Oct 2013

The attitude of the staff gave the impression that they were annoyed by all the questions. It made me want to go up to them and say that they shouldn't work in hospitality if they don't like answering the same questions over and over. Everybody is there for the first time, it's not the same people asking those questions. Next to that, there was often a queue at the reception with a waiting time up to 20 minutes. And then even one girl just kept typing behind her computer instead of helping.

• 27th Oct 2013

Marken Gjestehus

Bergen, Norway

Coolest elevator I've ever seen! Hostel was easy to find and close to all sightseeing stuff.

• 12th May 2013

Sentrum Pensjonat

Oslo, Norway

There were 4 immigrants in my dorm and 2 other backpackers, this made me feel I had to watch my stuff very carefully. Unfortunatly my lock was too small for the lockers, if I only I know I had to bring a bigger lock! When I left in the early morning, a guy (who looked like a tramp) was sleeping in the chair of the corridor. I think one of the immigrants let him in since they said that they would sleep on the street if they don't have enough money. Dirtiest hostel I've seen in Norway.

• 10th May 2013

Airport Motel & Apartment AS

Gardermoen, Norway

A fair price-quality ratio for spending the night if you have an early flight the next day or arrive by a late flight. Shuttle bus is quite expensive though, not a very warm welcome when you visit Norway.

• 9th May 2013

Maple Leaf Guesthouse

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

It's very nice to have Free Wifi! Thank you Miss Lee for being so kind :)

• 8th Jan 2012