Lake Como Hostel La Primula

Lake Como, Italy

Staff was very helpul. Social table is fun! Nice view from balcony. Too bad the busses only drive once every 1 or 2 hours a day on Weekends. This makes it very inconvenient that breakfast opens at 8am - that is way too late if you want to catch the bus at 8:27 (since the alternative of 10:40 is not an option). Weird that guests have to stay in their dorm or outside before breakfast opens at 8am and that there is no common room to wait. Seperate male and female showers makes no sense to me.

Ostello Tramonti

Cinque Terre, Italy

Only 2 power points in a 4 Bed Dorm. Shuttle bus is a necessity but it has a bad fitting with the train schedule. Staff didn't seem happy to be there and to help, although they did help. Only hostel during my holiday where breakfast was not included. Bought my own. Other guests were waiting for paid breakfast which should open at 7:45am. It never did in those 4 nights I was there although the sign said 7:45am. It opened past 8am which makes you hurry for the bus. Showers were small and dirty.

We are sorry if you felt that about the staff, we always try to help our guests.. Breakfast is not included because the price of the room is very low, considering the area..

Archi Rossi Hostel

Florence, Italy

Would recommend this hostel! Great breakfast buffet, large lockers, own power point to charge phone, comfortable beds, airconditioning in our dorm, location was in walking distance of every highlight in the city. Staff was helpful. There is a free cold and hot water tab close to the reception. Laundry service was good since the washing machine drum was very big. Large garden to hangout.

Hostel of the Sun

Naples, Italy

Booked a Twin Bed room for 2 nights. Room had an extra bed although we did not book it, probably just logistic detail. But when we back on our 2nd day we suddendly had 2 extra beds in our room. This made the room very small. I understand that there are some logistic details but downgraded the value of the room for us. Next to that, staff was helpful, breakfast and location were okay. Bathrooms are large and clean!

Ostello degli Elefanti

Catania, Italy

Definitely recommend this hostel because of its location, very comfy matrasses, large lockers and USB-connections above each bed! Small minors: shower courtains were folded too much inside and a bit dirty which made the cabin even smaller if you didn't want to touch one of four sides. E-mailed the hostel a month earlier to book a specific Etna tour. They e-mailed back that reservations in advance were not needed. Once we were there, the tour was full. Had to book a 20 euro more expensive tour.

This is the 2nd time I stayed at the hostel. I might a round trip through China and decided to stay at the same hostel again once I got back in Beijing. I really enjoyed my stay there and that you can walk out the door and be in a street full of shops. They offer comfy beds, western toilet incl. paper, spacious shower for a hostel and good wifi.

Hostel is close to the subway but not near any of the highlights of the city without using the subway. Free lockers, good wifi-connection, comfy beds (with own light and powerpoint) and many (western) toilets are a big plus. Didn't like it that you have to do the laundry yourself since other hostels do it for you, it is much cheaper though but if you have little time like me, you would prefer the service. Large but cosy common room.

Han Tang Inn Hostel

Xi'an, China

I really liked the menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hostel. And I liked the big free lockers they offer in the rooms. The tours they offer are also very nice! And the staff was very friendly and helpful. Location was in an alley I'd rather not walk through when it's the middle of the night but in the early evening it feels safe. And it's close to the highlights of the city. I have to give facilities a less higher score because of the flooded bathroom after every shower.

We are so honored that you enjoy yourselves and like the menu, free service, tours and stsff ad so on, we will enhance to be better and better and sincerely hope yoou could come next time. Best whises from all the staff.

Good quality of the stay for the price I've paid. Beds were very comfy and bathroom was descent. They offer an amazing tour to the Great Wall! Had to get used to the fact that I didn't have my own room key but when I got back to the room later, the staff had locked it so that means they check if there's no one in there for a while and secure your stuff. Breakfast is western and very basic but the location offers enough alternatives if you need any.

Bellpark Hostel

Lucerne, Switzerland

I liked the Oriental Breakfast although it took a lot of time before it was made. This makes it difficult to get enough food in little time and leave early for a full day of activities. I didn't like the dog running around in the kitchen, not sure if this was a dog from a guest or from the hostel itself but it should not be possible. Laundry service was very convenient.

Balmers Herberge

Interlaken, Switzerland

I really liked the atmosphere at Balmers, the open areas make it easy to talk to other travellers. The swiss cheese at the breakfast was SO nice! And the receptionists have been very helpful. Good wifi connection. Would recommend this hostel to any backpacker.

Youthhostel Montreux

Montreux, Switzerland

It's the most expensive hostel I've stayed in Switzerland. It's positive that they are conscious about the environment and take necessary measures for this. It is annoying however that the lights go out every two minutes when you're in the shower and you have to press a button outside the shower to put this on again. Not convenient with shampoo in your eyes. Next to that, all ingredients of the free breakfast are full of refined sugar so I bought my own.

City Hostel Geneva

Geneva, Switzerland

I didn't like the lockers in the fridge. I'm used to bring food and put a name tag on it.

MEININGER London Hyde Park

This hostel felt like a hotel. The staff was not relaxed as other hostels. There was no laundry service, no kitchen, aren't those the basics to call yourself a hostel? The lounge had a cold atmosphere. There is no way that you get to talk to another traveller by those seperate benches. It also felt like a lot of families were staying at the hostel instead of fellow travelers.

Hey, thank you for your honest comment. We are a mix of a hotel and a hostel, that means we welcome backpackers, groups, families and business travellers. We have a laundry room, with a washing machine and a dryer. Nevertheless thank you a lot for yhe comment :) Your M team

Oxford Backpackers Hostel

Oxford, England

I like the laundry service because it gives you the flexibility to go out the rest of the day and pick up your laundry whenever you want to (instead of waiting at the machine). I didn't like that my bunk bed was next to the radiator which was extremely hot in the middle of the night. I had to use my blanket to cover the radiator so that I wouldn't get burned by it.

The attitude of the staff gave the impression that they were annoyed by all the questions. It made me want to go up to them and say that they shouldn't work in hospitality if they don't like answering the same questions over and over. Everybody is there for the first time, it's not the same people asking those questions. Next to that, there was often a queue at the reception with a waiting time up to 20 minutes. And then even one girl just kept typing behind her computer instead of helping.

Marken Gjestehus

Bergen, Norway

Coolest elevator I've ever seen! Hostel was easy to find and close to all sightseeing stuff.

Sentrum Hostel

Oslo, Norway

There were 4 immigrants in my dorm and 2 other backpackers, this made me feel I had to watch my stuff very carefully. Unfortunatly my lock was too small for the lockers, if I only I know I had to bring a bigger lock! When I left in the early morning, a guy (who looked like a tramp) was sleeping in the chair of the corridor. I think one of the immigrants let him in since they said that they would sleep on the street if they don't have enough money. Dirtiest hostel I've seen in Norway.

Airport Motel & Apartment AS

Gardermoen, Norway

A fair price-quality ratio for spending the night if you have an early flight the next day or arrive by a late flight. Shuttle bus is quite expensive though, not a very warm welcome when you visit Norway.

Maple Leaf Guesthouse

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

It's very nice to have Free Wifi! Thank you Miss Lee for being so kind :)