Russell Scott Hostels

Sheffield, England

There was no one there when I arrived though the front door was unlocked I waited twenty minutes then called the number I had, I man answered and said there'd be someone they shortly. A friendly young guy arrived shortly after, everyone who was staying there was very friendly. It's a short walk to the tram which costs £1.50 to get into the city centre. I felt a bit uneasy about not having a key for the dorm room and the front door always being open but it was cheap and clean enough

• 3rd May 2013

Thank you for the review. sorry you had to wait our staff had to rush to the shops to get some bread and milk for breakfast. We used to give keys for the dorm but people tend to lose it and always argue when we ask them to reimburse however, as explained at the time of check in we have a secure storage room and you can leave your valuables in the reception.

Butterfly Guest House

Manchester, England

Really sweet and full of character, It was the most comfortable bed I think I've ever slept in. Both Irene and Peter were helpful before and during our stay. I would definately stay there again if I find myself back in Manchester.

• 4th Nov 2011