Reviews: mjespie7523

Location: New Zealand, Gender: Male, Age: 30

Hostel Kalonis

Skopje, Macedonia

This place is only newly listed on here so I was a bit dubious before arriving, but it was actually really good! Has a good location about 10mins from the centre, good breakfast, great staff and the rooms and common room are cool. They recommended I do a day trip to Matka Canyon and it was really cool, it was my highlight of Skopje. Thanks!

Old Town Hostel Kotor

Kotor, Montenegro

I have stayed at a lot of hostels and this is probably the best one, just look at the other reviews. Other hostel owners could learn a lot from this place. Book here if you want Kotor to be a highlight on you trip in the Balkans!

Don Apartment

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Not actually a hostel but just rooms, when I was there the kitchen was always dirty. Good location though and Mostar is awesome so you will still enjoy your time there. Just if you are a single traveler like me I would recommend one of the other options.

Hostal La Fuente

Cordoba, Spain

This place is great, 'hostal' means a basic hotel not 'hostel' like we know them. This place is awesome value though and was very clean, quiet, good facilities and staff. Definitely recommend it for others. Plus Cordoba is super pretty, it's hard not to love everything about it.

• 22nd Aug 2013
  • New Zealand

Duermevela Hostel

Segovia, Spain

Top hostel, I have stayed at many around Europe and this up in the top 5%. Has everything you need and is a great space for meeting people and perfect base for experiencing Segovia which is a great little town. Highly recommended.

• 14th Aug 2013
  • New Zealand

Auberge Ayoub

Marrakech, Morocco

I was a bit worried about staying at such a cheap place but actually it was much better than we expected, the value for money is amazing. Good location and nice place to hang out, breakfast is good and the staff are nice. Definitely recommend this place for anyone wanting to save a few dollars yet still be comfortable and enjoy Marrakech,

Dar Rabha

Fez, Morocco

Beautiful building and very friendly staff. Location is great and so is the breakfast. I would definitely recommend this place, only annoying thing for us was the bathrooms don't drain properly so there was always water on the floor but hopefully they get that sorted soon

Thank you Michael for your kind comments - we enjoyed having you both stay with us. We are actually fixing the showers as I write, but thank you for your comments regarding our staff, location and breakfast. We hope to welcome you both back to Fez and Dar Rabha again one day, inshallah! - Natasha

Aline Hostel

Chefchaouen, Morocco

Great place to stay, location perfect with a really nice terrace to hangout on. Other reviewers complain of staffs inability to speak English as if it is mandatory of the world, here they speak Arabic, French and Spanish - there isn't much to explain anyway, it's a normal hostel in a small town. When we were there they were putting people in separate rooms so we ended up having a dorm to ourselves (as did others there) for the entire stay.

Dar Bargach

Tangier, Morocco

Great little hotel, the building is really nice and is in a good location. We paid 10 dirhams to a local to find it for us as we got lost in the medina. Breakfast is good and everything about our stay was pleasant, i would definitely recommend this place as a nice relaxed place to go rest after the hecticness of the Moroccan streets.

Guesthouse The Swan

Bruges, Belgium

This place is great, I highly recommend it to anyone. We stayed in the top room with the ensuite and it was sooo nice my girl and I barely wanted to leave the house!

Casa Bombo

Granada, Spain

If you are going to Granada this has got to be the place to stay, it's like hanging out at a friends place which happens to be really nice and have an amazing view. The staff are all really cool and the dinners are good value and a great way to meet all the other travellers. I highly recommend this place.

Fabrizzio Guesthouse

Madrid, Spain

This place is awesome! It's like hanging out at a friends apartment which happens to be in the best spot in the city! Room was nice and spacious, breakfast good, great staff and there are cool tapas and clubs nearby. I've stayed at a lot of hostels and this is one of my favourites, walking tour leaves from about 1min away and there is a pub crawl if you are up for it. Highly recommend.

B&B Rifugio Uscio

Portofino, Italy

Very nice hostel in a great spot, the view is lovely and its in the mountains so is cool in temperature. Other reviewers complaining about being away from Recco should book accommodation in Recco, Uscio is a great little place to have a real Italian experience. The hiking and beaches in the area are great, and it is so nice to go back to the hostel to chill out and look at the view. Highly recommended

Hostel Pisa Tower

Pisa, Italy

Good hostel, perfect location to see the tower and go to some local eats. The place has a very nice sun terrace out the back which is so nice to hang out and have some beers after being around the crowds near the tower. Definitely recommend

Chillax Hostel

Moscow, Russia

Great place, staff were really nice and were good fun to hang out with. Hostel is nice and clean and is in a very good location. I just need to get better at playing Mortal Kombat before I can go back!

Hey hey! Thanks for the comment! we really enjoyed hanging out with you! As for your Mortal Kombat skills - yeah, they need improving, but you did show promise: not everyone can pull of a FATALITY! :-) best of luck in your travels, and we look forward to seeing you at CHILLAX HOSTEL in the future :-) -Alex

Ciao Bella Milan

Milan, Italy

This place was awesome, very clean and i met some really cool people here

6 small rooms

Naples, Italy

Had a great time here, very friendly staff and kinda like crashing at a friends place.

Aqualand

Poprad, Slovakia

Had a great time here, this is your only real hostel option in Poprad but luckily it's awesome! It was very clean and comfortable and all the staff are great, we were made to feel very welcome. They made us feel right at home and treated us like old friends, couldnt have asked for a better experience.