Location: Brazil, Gender: Female, Age: 26

Staff is not kind at all, not helpful, and barely speak English. There's no hostel atmosphere, no common area, no breakfast. The room is ok, with small lockers, clean and the bed is confortable, the problem is that Astoria Blvd is REALLY NOISY, and the window blinds don't really work, so the lights of the cars and the street get inside all night! The "luggage storage" they offer, is actually leaving your suitcase in the middle of the hall saying "nobody will touch it". TRASH. DON'T STAY HERE!

• 7th Jan 2014

Chicago Getaway Hostel

Chicago, USA

AMAZING HOSTEL! Really organized, spacious, clean, a big kitchen with everything you may possibly need, delicious breakfast with fruits, cereal, bagels, tea, coffee and more, awesome common area, fun and mostly free activities every night, nice staff, many computers available for guests 24h with free printing, close to subway and bus lines. Bedroom is really spacious as well, clean, lockers available (bring your own lock), bed is confortable. I definately recommend this hostel. FANTASTIC STAY!

• 2nd Jan 2014

Greetings, We are so happy to hear about your fantastic stay! We're glad you fueled up on our complimentary breakfast and enjoy all of our amenities. You will have to check out our new TV room the next time you visit Chicago. We look forward to seeing you again. Cheers, Jason Schultz General Manager

New York Budget Inn

New York, USA

Good: location is awesome, you can basically walk everywhere if you're into it, bathrooms are really clean, beds are confortable, lockers in the room (bring your lock!), heating was good and they provided extra blankets, staff was helpful. Bad: breakfast is really bad, only donuts, coffee and apples. Regular bread would be better than donuts! The common area is actually the hostel front desk / lobby which is really small, 8 people maximum, so its bad for getting to know people and hanging out

• 23rd Dec 2013

I think in general is a good hostel, in a very nice location with everything you need around you and just 10 minutes from the beach! the room and bathroom were clean and confortable, except for the fact that I was on the top bunk and it didnt have a guard on the side.. it turns out I felt a bit insecure considering I move a lot when I sleep.. Lockers were good (bring your own lock) with oulets inside, so no need to wait for your turn to use them. Staff was ok and the bar was very nice. :)

• 22nd Aug 2013

Hi Thank you very much for your review . We are happy to know that you had a great time in our hostel and we hope to see you again. Cheers! Solange Front Desk Manager

Good location, clean hostel with a very kind and helpful staff. Infusions available all day long and computers as well. The beds were confortable, althouh the matresses could be a little thicker. Breakfast was very good and they basically try to do their best in everything you need. Very nice! Would definately come back and ask for a room on the lower floors instead of the 5th. lol :)

• 19th Aug 2013

The BEST hostel of my life! An amazing place to stay, at an amazing location. The staff is all very helpful and nice, the common area is great, the bar rocks at night and there are computers for us to use whenever we need! The room is very confortable with great beds, privacy, light and wall plugs in each of the bunks. The lockers are great (bring your own lock) and a top service they offer for FREE, is to leave your big backpack in storage while you do your little trips in the region. Loved it!

• 15th Aug 2013

I chose this hostel for a night, because it was near the airport and I had a flight on the next morning to Cuzco. Although I arrived super late there (2am), the staff was very kind and made me feel welcomed during my stay. The bed was very confortable and the room was clean. There was hot water and I actually got nothing to complain about. :))

• 14th Aug 2013

Jazz on Amsterdam Avenue

New York, USA

I actually didn`t stay @ this hostel. As I wasn`t planning to spend the night in NYC, I booked the hostel in the last minute 4 the wrong nite! I only found out that, when I was there at the hostell lobby talking 2 the nicest and more efficient front desk ever: PHILIP! after telling me the hostel was fully booked fot that night, he spent the next hour trying to find a solution, even though it was MY fault! in the end, he got me a room in another jazz hostel and I finally got to bed. Tks Philip :)

• 28th Oct 2011

We are most proud of our staff members and we are glad that a solution was found for you. Phillip and the entire Jazz on Amsterdam team appreciate your review