HI - Washington DC Hostel

Washington DC, USA

Apple Hostels of Philadelphia

Philadelphia, USA

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The location is perfect, giving you the ideal start point for exploring the city and also close to the social heart beat of the city. What impressed me most was the staff. Always encouraging you to get involved with organised events but not in the tacky way that I have had to endure at other places. However, this did not detract from the day to day information that you require which was always at hand and professionally delivered. Cannot fault.

New York Budget Inn

New York, USA

This was my second time at the New York Budget Inn and if I visit New York again, I would definitely make it a thrird visit. The location could not be better for this price. The staff a friendly enough, and incredibly efficient, though the personal touch offered at other hostels I have stayed at does not happen. There is a small communal area which does not lead itself to making social contacts but frankly, this is not neccesary in NYC. Other guests are friendly enough in passing.

Dusseldorf, Germany

This is an excellent place to stay whether travelling solo or in a group. Clean, friendly and the staff are very helpful. It is intimate without being crowded and its location is serviced by bus/trams. Even though the communal kitchen area is rather small, it is still the best place to mix with other travellers. If I were ever in Dusseldorf again (and it is one hell of a city) then I would look this place up immediately.

Luxembourg City Hostel

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

A very clean hostel and the price gives excellent value. The hostel is set in a stunning location and the local bus service gives easy access to airport and train station. The bar/cafe is reasonably priced. My only gripe is that it is a typical Hostel International operation. The staff are efficient without being too friendly and if travelling alone, there is not the atmosphere you will find at other, more intimate hostels. But the location alone makes this place well worth booking.

Amsterdam Mr Beans Bed and Breakfast

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Mr Beans is extremely basic accommodation. However, this is reflected in the price. The location is fantastic and is ideal for those who do not intend spending much time inside. If you like your home comforts, do not stay here. However, if you simply wish somewhere to lay your head for a bargain price, then I would certainly recommend Mr Beans as a place to stay. The staff are also friendly and helpful.